Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2010, 02:11 PM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
There is a reason that none of the characters make any scence.....that are just the faces of the pupet show. Look behind the stage to see the truth.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:05 PM  
southern conservative

Austin, Texas
I guess you missed the part that Cerf and Bob said "to our knowledge". That is in no way saying Gore created or invented the internet. That's simply implying that he helped get it started by helping pass things in congress. And even then they didn't say that until after Gore looked stupid. It's a sham, and if you want to believe it that's fine. But again, if it was at all real or credible, don't you thing he would have backed it up on the election trail? Instead he was side stepping it. He wanted as far away from it as possible. Why is that? Because it's all in his head lol.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:41 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78BO View Post
I guess you missed the part that Cerf and Bob said "to our knowledge".
You're suggesting that the recognized fathers of the internet are simply unaware of another politician giving them greater support? Still sticking with that? Uh huh. Right.
Quote:
That is in no way saying Gore created or invented the internet. That's simply implying that he helped get it started by helping pass things in congress.
What Cerf and Kahn created were generic network protocols. The difference between the internet and any generic network are the policies regulating it. Gore was largely responsible for enacting those policies. Without those policies, the internet would have evolved into just another privately owned and operated network, nothing different from the networks before it or the other networks in existence today.
Quote:
And even then they didn't say that until after Gore looked stupid.
So what? Someone accuses you of lying; your friends back you up. Are they just shills for agreeing with you?
Quote:
It's a sham, and if you want to believe it that's fine. But again, if it was at all real or credible, don't you thing he would have backed it up on the election trail? Instead he was side stepping it. He wanted as far away from it as possible. Why is that? Because it's all in his head lol.
Except it's not in his head - he does deserve a lot of the credit. Sole credit, definitely not, but Eisenhower doesn't deserve sole credit for the Interstate Highway System either.

You can read the congressional record, look at when and how Gore got involved in developing public policy over what would eventually become the internet. Or, you can listen to late-night comedians and political mudslingers. It's obvious and unfortunate that you've chosen to listen to the pundits instead of the record in this matter, and are unable to give credit where it is due. History will remember Cerf's and Kahn's high praise long after the jokes and criticism die out.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:18 AM  

Dayton, Ohio
I invented the Internet.... Al was to busy measuring ice-bergs, and pushing his homosexual lover around.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:57 AM  
southern conservative

Austin, Texas
I'm suggesting those guys would say any thing to help their friend. If Gore was a major player and they knew it they would have stated a fact. "Mr. Gore WAS A major player, or Mr. Gore DID help create". But they didn't do that. In stead they said to be best of our knowledge. That means we don't really know, but we think so. That doesn't make it true but it could be.

If Gore is going to take credit for that then all of the congressmen that voted with him can say they helped as well right?
Old 11-13-2010, 08:17 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78BO View Post
I'm suggesting those guys would say any thing to help their friend. If Gore was a major player and they knew it they would have stated a fact. "Mr. Gore WAS A major player, or Mr. Gore DID help create". But they didn't do that. In stead they said to be best of our knowledge. That means we don't really know, but we think so. That doesn't make it true but it could be.

If Gore is going to take credit for that then all of the congressmen that voted with him can say they helped as well right?
Read the congressional record. Gore was the driving force, the sponsor of a number of bills that lead to what he called the "Information Superhighway" and what we now call the Internet.

Read the transcript of the Wolf Blitzer interview. (The claim is on the 2nd page)

Considering his congressional record prior to that point; considering the nature of the internet compared to other computer networks; you're trying to suggest he couldn't legitimately make the claim he made?

Of course he could. So, again, criticize him for the self-serving nature of his statement if you must, but recognize the validity of that statement.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:18 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
I invented the Internet.... Al was to busy measuring ice-bergs, and pushing his homosexual lover around.
That came a bit later.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:52 PM  

Dayton, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
That came a bit later.
US...Ohio guys know "whats up"....lol
Old 11-14-2010, 04:43 AM  

Nashville, TN
[QUOTE=rivalarrival;37091] So, again, criticize him for the self-serving nature of his statement if you must, QUOTE]

Now, this I believe without question. It's all about AlGore.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:36 AM  
southern conservative

Austin, Texas
Your refuse to look at reality. But the people know, that's why he lost and that's why he still is looked at like a quack. The proof is in front of you but you don't want to see it. I can't make you and by now don't care. I've proved my point.

To the best of our knowledge, this is over!!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!