Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-03-2011, 06:28 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
It's not about me

?It?s not about me,? Sarah Palin said as she rode a bus emblazoned with her name in three-foot letters. ?It?s not a publicity-seeking tour,? she told her Fox News interviewer, as the cameras rolled.

HTML Code:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/hubris-and-humility-sarah-palin-and-robert-gates-on-tour/2011/06/03/AGRZcvHH_story.html
It was, rather, ?about highlighting the great things about America.? Such as: Donald Trump?s digs at Trump Tower and Fox News headquarters in New York ? both stops on her ?One Nation? bus tour.

Quote:
Actually, there is a tour underway that highlights the great things about America, but it isn?t Palin?s. It?s the farewell tour of Robert Gates, defense secretary to presidents George W. Bush and Obama, whose work over the last four-and-a-half years has dramatically improved the state of the U.S. military. While Palin played cat-and-mouse with the press corps on I-95, Gates set off on a tour of Asia and Europe, where he is receiving the gratitude of soldiers and the acclaim of allies.

Gates, who remained on the job at Obama?s request, took on sacred weapons programs at the Pentagon, fired ineffective generals, won the surge in Iraq, revived a crumbling war effort in Afghanistan, and got Osama bin Laden.

During that same time, Palin quit midway through her term as Alaska governor, then went on to a life of $100,000 speaking fees, reality TV shows and incendiary political speech.

The week?s dueling tours of Gates and Palin show the best and worst in American public life. Both call themselves Republicans, but he comes from the best tradition of service while she is a study in selfishness. He?s self-effacing; she?s self-aggrandizing. He harmonized American foreign policy; she put bullseyes on Democratic congressional districts and then howled about ?blood libel.?

It says something about the infirmity of our politics that Gates can?t wait to go home while Palin is again being taken seriously as a prospective presidential candidate.
Sarah's Midnight Ride
Quote:
ABC News' Sheila Marikar (@SheilaYM) reports:

Perhaps this week's lesson in the annals of American history was necessary for Sarah Palin.

In Boston yesterday, visiting Paul Revere's house, she offered her own account of the Revolutionairy War hero's midnight ride from Boston to Lexington, Mass.:

"He who warned, uh, the ... the British that they weren't gonna be taking away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells and, um, by making sure that as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that, uh, we were gonna be secure and we were gonna be free ... and we were gonna be armed."

Of course, Revere was in fact trying to warn John Hancock and Samuel Adams about the approaching British army. And he didn't rely on bells. He was on a covert mission. Had he used bells, or had he warned the people with whom America was at war, Palin's tour bus might have chugged through the northeast on the left side of the road.
HTML Code:
http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/06/sarah-palin-offers-her-own-version-of-paul-reveres-midnight-ride.html
Quote:
Is Michele Bachmann contagious?

Earlier this year, the Minnesota Congresswoman and likely presidential candidate fired the historical gaffe-heard-round the world when she mistakenly said the American Revolution began in New Hampshire, not Massachusetts.

Now Sarah Palin appears to be suffering from the same disease that makes political candidates with great hair mangle basic American history.

During a visit this week to Boston, she recounted a twisted take on Paul Revere?s historic ride. In a nearly incoherent stream of phrases full of folksy dropped ?g?s? (ringin? those bells, warnin? shots), Palin appears to have said that Revere warned the British, when in fact he warned Americans about the British.

With the dropped g?s and the history flub, Palin is such a caricature of herself that it?s hard to tell if this now-viral video is a Saturday Night Live skit or the real thing.

But gauging by the excited people around her ? none of whom went ?huh?? at the Revere reversal ? she?s lost none of her star power. That should concern the Minnesota Republicans who also harbor presidential ambitions.

Bachmann ? unfairly derided as Palin-lite -- is expected to declare her presidential candidacy soon. Former Gov. Tim Pawlenty has already announced his bid.

A quote that didn?t make the Palin video makes her gaffe even more head-scratching and hilarious.

Somewhere during the course of her Boston visit, she uttered this phrase, according to the Boston Globe: ?You?ve got to know a lot about our past in order to know how to proceed successfully into the future.??

Words to live by.
HTML Code:
http://www.startribune.com/opinion/123132853.html
It's not about me-uspalinfavr4j.jpg 

It's not about me-palin-bus-tour.jpg 

It's not about me-ar-110609966.jpg 

Old 06-03-2011, 07:26 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Palin "Open Door" Policy

It's not about me
It's not about me-savior-sarah.jpg 

It's not about me-you-betcha.jpg 

It's not about me-nightpalin3.jpg 

It's not about me-goingrougecoversmallsmall.jpg 

It's not about me-cardboard.jpg 

Old 06-03-2011, 08:38 PM  

Shuswap, BC
Well the mural painted on the bus is nice.......................................
Old 06-04-2011, 10:10 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCboy View Post
Well the mural painted on the bus is nice.......................................
however she went with the christian modified version of the pledge and not the original secular version.....

but of course the republicans will pick and choose when they give a damn what the founding fathers wanted........ but they sure wanted the separation of church and state

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.