Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2010, 06:49 PM  
JCJ
RENT-a-MOD

Webster, New York
Jon Stewart's 'Million Moderates' Rally Organized by Two Liberal Clintonistas

The November surprise..

Quote:
The Washington Post promoted the dueling Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert liberal satirist rally on Saturday's front page with the blurb: "Comedy Central sets up opposing stunts in October. Your dilemma: Join Stewart's 'Million Moderates,' or Colbert 'Keep Fear Alive'?" What Post TV critic Lisa deMoraes [1] discovered is that there are no moderates organizing this event on the last weekend before the midterm elections. Comedy Central is relying on two liberal Clintonistas:

We've discovered that a permit application was submitted for the Oct. 30 rally rivalry, on Sept. 8 to the National Park Service by Minassian Media, Comedy Central and Chris Wayne and Associates.

Craig Minassian is a former Clinton administration press aide who is now a consultant to Comedy Central. Wayne is a former Clinton White House event organizer who works on large-scale media events and promotions....

The permit application modestly estimates a crowd of just 25,000 people, which suggests that Comedy Central does not think there are very many people with a sense of humor living within a reasonable commute of the Mall.

Since liberals are quite active in dismissive large conservative rallies as pitifully attended, will a turnout of 10,000 or 20,000 people be interpreted as a failure? If turnout is low, expect the media to proclaim it was merely comedy, after all.
Read the rest here---->> Jon Stewart's 'Million Moderates' Rally Organized by Two Liberal Clintonistas

Old 09-18-2010, 08:22 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Last I watched Colbert he had turned overly one sided but was still amusing. I find this rallies tag line pretty amusing. Even though they are biased I understand the position that minorities of both sides are spotlighted too much.

Quote:
America, the Greatest Country God ever gave Man, was built on three bedrock principles: Freedom. Liberty. And Fear -- that someone might take our Freedom and Liberty. But now, there are dark, optimistic forces trying to take away our Fear -- forces with salt and pepper hair and way more Emmys than they need. They want to replace our Fear with reason. But never forget -- "Reason" is just one letter away from "Treason." Coincidence? Reasonable people would say it is, but America can't afford to take that chance.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:04 PM  
JCJ
RENT-a-MOD

Webster, New York
I got a chuckle out of it until I realized the intent isn't funny at all.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:16 PM  
JCJ
RENT-a-MOD

Webster, New York
Democrats Worried Jon Stewart Rally Will Hurt Them On Election Day
Old 09-20-2010, 05:18 PM  
Vrrooomm

Quincy, Illinois
As if what Jon Stewart is doing is really going to be any more detrimental than what they've done to themselves.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!