Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2011, 11:31 AM  
fustrated genius

Keystone

(Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama said Wednesday his administration would address concerns about a proposed Canada-to-Texas oil sands pipeline and no decision on it had been made.

Three environmental groups sued the U.S. government on Tuesday, challenging claims in a State Department report that the controversial pipeline posed little risk to endangered species because spills on the line were unlikely.

Protesters have dogged Obama about the issue in Washington and throughout the country.

During an event with young people in Denver, one activist interrupted Obama's remarks, urging the president to reject the project.

"We're looking at it right now, all right?" Obama replied. "No decision's been made and I know your deep concern about it, so we will address it."

Protesters who held up a banner reading: "Stop the Keystone Pipeline Project" were asked to leave.

It's about time we start importing oil from friendly nations for a change. Even if it's a Clinton campaign contribution buddy deal. (I thought Democrats didn't do that.)

Old 10-27-2011, 07:19 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
(Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama said Wednesday his administration would address concerns about a proposed Canada-to-Texas oil sands pipeline and no decision on it had been made.

Three environmental groups sued the U.S. government on Tuesday, challenging claims in a State Department report that the controversial pipeline posed little risk to endangered species because spills on the line were unlikely.

Protesters have dogged Obama about the issue in Washington and throughout the country.

During an event with young people in Denver, one activist interrupted Obama's remarks, urging the president to reject the project.

"We're looking at it right now, all right?" Obama replied. "No decision's been made and I know your deep concern about it, so we will address it."

Protesters who held up a banner reading: "Stop the Keystone Pipeline Project" were asked to leave.

It's about time we start importing oil from friendly nations for a change. Even if it's a Clinton campaign contribution buddy deal. (I thought Democrats didn't do that.)
canada is already who we import the most from, only a small portion currently comes from the middle east.....

Old 10-27-2011, 08:39 PM  
fustrated genius

Good, that works for me.

This week I've been to town twice and have seen two caravans of Canadian birds coming in for winter with their 5th wheels . . .6 or 8 in all. Also plates from several states already.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:07 PM  

Nashville, TN
...but 49.4% comes from OPEC. Friendly...maybe not so much me thinks.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!