Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-29-2012, 04:41 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
All the same things were brought up as arguments against miscegenation.

The next major civil rights issue related to sexuality will likely be polygamy. That will ultimately end with a major adjustment of domestic relations laws to allow for >2 parent families. We'll likely see the first skirmishes into this area in the next 10 to 20 years.
What "same things"?

And I agree on the polygamy... That's in line too... I think that sometime in the not too distant future there will be a public debate about bestiality.

I'll bet that if the same thing were said 50 yrs ago about homosexuality people would have said "no way"....

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 11-29-2012, 04:54 AM  

Greenville, SC
http://www.metro.us/newyork/life/art...ile-speaks-out

Quote:
Bestiality banned in Germany, zoophile speaks out

KIERON MONKS
METRO WORLD NEWS
Published: November 28, 2012 10:33 a.m.
Last modified: November 28, 2012 11:15 a.m.

Sex with animals will be banned in Germany, pending a controversial law change. Following a campaign from animal rights groups, the government has decided that bestiality (zoophilia) "forces animals to behave in ways that inappropriate to their species," according to Agriculture Committee Chairman Hans-Michael Goldmann.

Germany is one of the last European countries to tolerate the practice, which has been legal since 1969. It hosts a thriving zoophile community, which has reacted angrily to the law change.

"There are already laws against hurting an animal, but there is no harm from what we do," Michael Kiok, head of the Zoophile Engagement for Tolerance and Information (ZETA) group, told Metro. "Animals can show if they want to have sex or not, as they can show if they are hungry or want to exercise."

Kiok, who is in a relationship with his Alsatian dog, claims to represent thousands of zoophiles and says they will campaign to stop the law. "We want to inform the public that we are not cruel, we see animals as equal to people, and we want to stop the hate."

However, animal rights groups claim the practice is out of control. "The issue has become so public and inhibitions fall," Astrid Behr, head of the German Association of Veterinarians, told Metro, indicating the growth of popular websites and forums, although she could not confirm the existence of rumored ‘pet brothels'.

Behr denies that bestiality would be a victimless crime: "Perpetrators go unpunished, but sexual acts with animals are always associated with great physical and psychological injury."

The amendment is expected to be finalized in December, and offenders could face a 25,000 Euro fine.

Q+A with Michael Kiok, 52, librarian and head of ZETAs

Q: You claim to defend consensual sex with animals – how can they consent?

A: It’s simple. If you know your pet, you can know if it wants to have sex or not. Animals can communicate their needs.

Q: How can you have a relationship with an animal?

A: You can't go out for dinner together! It's like a normal relationship with a pet where you look after it but the difference is that you regard the animal as on the same level and you don’t want to dominate.

Q: How do you cope with the abuse?

A: People come from all over Germany to protest at my house, and there is a lot of hate on the Internet. I try to understand why – I think it is because people see animals as children. There is a lot of pressure, many zoophiles have depression or even commit suicide. But I have never been attracted to people and my situation now (with Alsatian Cessy) is the best possible.

FACTS

Still legal in…

Denmark – The government resisted a 2006 campaign to ban bestiality.
Sweden – The Animal Welfare Agency wants to update abuse laws but is not calling for a ban.
Thailand – No laws on bestiality but you can be fined for “subduing a female dog”.
Huh, seems that I have heard the suicide story in a similar discussion.....

I am probably going to bow out of this discussion because it is almost more than I can stomach.... (give it some time and I will be in the minority!)

Old 11-29-2012, 09:15 AM  

Greenville, SC
Apparently a post was "reported"..... I am curious to know what it was. If it was one of mine, I apologize.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:36 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
Apparently a post was "reported"..... I am curious to know what it was. If it was one of mine, I apologize.
I'm a mod and there haven't been any reported posts for a couple of weeks and that was spam. Probably been a month since there was any complaints other than spam.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:42 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
I'm a mod and there haven't been any reported posts for a couple of weeks and that was spam. Probably been a month since there was any complaints other than spam.
It shows it being a post in this thread? Or am I just missing something here....

http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/rep...country-23668/

Old 11-29-2012, 10:58 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
That was a double post, you asked for it to be deleted.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:02 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
That was a double post, you asked for it to be deleted.
Ah... I forgot about that.... Duh... I guess I didn't recognize it as it was called "reported post" and due to the subject matter in the thread I believed it to be quite possible... If not LIKELY something could have crossed the line and been reported!

Thanks!

Old 11-29-2012, 07:07 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
As long as it doesn't harm the animal I don't see the big deal. I don't care if you want to have anal sex with your dog. Just as long as your not trying to fit a Summer sausage in a breakfast sausage adjusted orifice.

There was a movie about a dude that took it in the rump from a horse and it ruptured his colon and he died....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoo_(film)
Old 11-29-2012, 07:23 PM  

Stafford, Virginia

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads