Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-12-2011, 10:43 AM  
Traveler

Last Night's Debate

What was the point of asking Michelle Bachman if she could be submissive to her husband if she became the POTUS?

I honestly don't know.

A commentator opined that many of the current candidates will have to drop out before things really heat up. I probably won't listen to much of rhetoric until then.

I think Romney will be the last standing.

I voted for Bush 2x--sort of mesmerized at the time. I wasn't entirely pleased and am still not confident that anyone really knows how to lead this nation.

The more radical and insane opinions I hear from either side the more concerned I become.

As for Michelle Bachman, should she become the POTUS she shouldn't spend one second thinking about being submissive to her husband. That is pretty much the response she gave. I know nothing more about her but ---that was a good answer.

Rush Limbaugh is ranting away right now. He can do that as long as he wants--it will not make any difference to me.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:01 AM  

Some of the moderators had an agenda. It's too early to have any concern unless the media decides to "tag" someone. Funny that the media missed the fact that Obama had no experience when he was in the debates.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:24 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Some of the moderators had an agenda. It's too early to have any concern unless the media decides to "tag" someone. Funny that the media missed the fact that Obama had no experience when he was in the debates.
It is all pretty meaningless. I just can't and won't become overly involved in the 'mania' again.

I know it got so bad in the Bush/Kerry election that I was ashamed.

I cast one vote. That's it.

sigh--I suppose religion will be featured. Fortunately, I have talked with enough people that have rational religious views and will not be upset if this becomes a major issue. I am already seeing signs that the more radical are waiting in the wings. I live in an area with many opportunities to worship as you please or not at all and that will continue. My neighbors are civilized ---whatever goes on elsewhere. Bad, bad memories of discussions involving religion and politics.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:26 PM  
fustrated genius

Bachman made comments prior to the debate that lead to the question. The main problem is that we have major issues going on in this nation, the Dems are shoving that Obamacare down our throats and spending money like it's going out of style, and the GOP are arguing about 1950's problems, refuse to raise taxes allthough most republicans AND dems thinks it's needed and no one's getting the idea there in Wash DC. I for one, am pretty much disgusted with all the finger pointing, no one's willing to say," this is what it's gonna take",no matter who is at fault, here we are and something needs to get DONE.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:50 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by addymiller View Post
What was the point of asking Michelle Bachman if she could be submissive to her husband if she became the POTUS?
not specifically an answer as above but in all of the abrahamic religions including christianity the woman is ALWAYS second to the man (if you read it literally - if you read it figuratively you can make it say whatever) but in the bible belt particularly with baptists a woman is second to a man, we had someone at work right out of college that despised having a female manager for no other reason then her being female and he should not have to take any orders from her, so the attitude amongst some religious people is still there.

Quote:
well when a candidate has such beliefs as:
Quote:
Bachmann has cited theologian Francis Schaeffer as a "profound influence" on her life and her husband's, specifically referring to his film series How Should We Then Live?.[13][14] She has also described Total Truth: Liberating Christianity from Its Cultural Captivity by Nancy Pearcey as a "wonderful" book.[13] Schaeffer is regarded as a key intellectual source for the theological-political movement known as dominionism, which holds that "Christians, and Christians alone, are Biblically mandated to occupy all secular institutions until Christ returns". Pearcey is one of the most prominent advocates of the movement.[13][31] Journalists Ryan Lizza and Sarah Posner have argued that Bachmann's worldview is deeply influenced by dominionism.[13][32][33]
it is the countries best interest to expose the true beliefs of a candidate.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:59 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
it is the countries best interest to expose the true beliefs of a candidate.
The purpose of a debate should be to debate rather than too expose beliefs. Mud slinging and religious arguments belong elsewhere. We have a spending problem and debt to resolve.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:36 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
The purpose of a debate should be to debate rather than too expose beliefs. Mud slinging and religious arguments belong elsewhere. We have a spending problem and debt to resolve.
we have a revenue to expense problem, not a spending problem without the bush tax cuts we could have been in a surplus (but then the republicans claimed a surplus was dangerous for the economy)

we can't have a leader of this country still giving anything more then pretend religious convictions, she has admitted following beliefs that are far more severe and religious associated then anything even "kind of" associated with obama's beliefs that people on the right have had serious issues with
Old 08-12-2011, 02:09 PM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
Anyone catch this? The Mystery of Herman Cain and the Donna Summer Lyrics -- Daily Intel
Old 08-12-2011, 02:31 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
we have a revenue to expense problem, not a spending problem without the bush tax cuts we could have been in a surplus (but then the republicans claimed a surplus was dangerous for the economy)

we can't have a leader of this country still giving anything more then pretend religious convictions, she has admitted following beliefs that are far more severe and religious associated then anything even "kind of" associated with obama's beliefs that people on the right have had serious issues with
I may not know all that I should know but the US is based on Judeo-Christian law---and the Founders were 'broad' in the interpretation of God---many fled Europe for religious freedom. I live in Atlanta and every possible religion/belief can be found here---there are no real problems. People worship, sometimes thoughts about religion are exchanged. I don't know many people that want more than that.

I won't get into the deep analyses that relate to the topic of ?Shira Law/the religion of Islam. I have some reservations. I do not believe the current POTUS desires to overthrow the fundamental beliefs of the US, fwiw. I will not vote for anyone that doesn't have perspective on the topic of religion.

~~~
They say Rick Perry may have an uphill climb--sounds like GW, etc.

Romney is really the only person that interests me at present.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:02 PM  

Most people misunderstand the Biblical concept of submission. Men and women are equal but the man is the head of the family. Some misinterpret that to mean oppression, but Paul never taught that. People on the outside are going to resent any belief, but that is nothing new. If you want to see some oppression visit Obama's homeland.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.