Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-12-2011, 06:10 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Most people misunderstand the Biblical concept of submission. Men and women are equal but the man is the head of the family. Some misinterpret that to mean oppression, but Paul never taught that. People on the outside are going to resent any belief, but that is nothing new. If you want to see some oppression visit Obama's homeland.
....... make the bible believe what YOU want it to.

"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." (I Corinthians 11:3)

"For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man." (I Corinthians 11:8-9)

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything." (Ephesians 5:22-24)

"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church." (I Corinthians 14:34-35)

"Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee." (Genesis 3:16)

"Give me any plague, but the plague of the heart: and any wickedness, but the wickedness of a woman." (Eccles. 25:13)

"Of the woman came the beginning of sin, and through her we all die." (Eccles. 25:22)

"The whoredom of a woman may be known in her haughty looks and eyelids. If thy daughter be shameless, keep her in straitly, lest she abuse herself through overmuch liberty." (Eccles. 26:9-10)

"A silent and loving woman is a gift of the Lord: and there is nothing so much worth as a mind well instructed. A shamefaced and faithful woman is a double grace, and her continent mind cannot be valued." (Eccles. 26:14-15)

"A shameless woman shall be counted as a dog; but she that is shamefaced will fear the Lord." (Eccles.26:25)

"For from garments cometh a moth, and from women wickedness. Better is the churlishness of a man than a courteous woman, a woman, I say, which bringeth shame and reproach." (Eccles. 42:13-14)

Old 08-12-2011, 06:46 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Most people misunderstand the Biblical concept of submission. Men and women are equal but the man is the head of the family. Some misinterpret that to mean oppression, but Paul never taught that. People on the outside are going to resent any belief, but that is nothing new. If you want to see some oppression visit Obama's homeland.
I think most people understand it correctly--I can only hope that they do.

I always thought that both partners shared roles--areas of expertise. I know it is absolutely none of my business how anyone manages their life or religious views.

Therefore, the journalist who chose to ask that question, is imo, rather unprofessional. That is why I won't participate in this round of debates--political posturing.

I think it was CNN that awarded the 'win' of the evening to Newt Gingrich--he will not become the GOP candidate of that I am certain.

It is the bane of my existence the way the media chooses to report almost anything.

I turned off the segment on Casey Anthony's probation---insulting to a 5 yr old much less me.

Why--oh--why must it be this way?

Old 08-13-2011, 10:58 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
...... If you want to see some oppression visit Obama's homeland.
what oppresion is going on in Hawaii? I know there is still some resentment amongst native Hawaiians but what oppression?
Old 08-13-2011, 12:30 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
what oppresion is going on in Hawaii? I know there is still some resentment against native Hawaiians but what oppression?
lol--I was thinking of the other homeland.

I think there was something months ago about ethnic groups in Hawaii--I could also be wrong.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:32 PM  
Traveler

Ron Paul has the most buses at Iowa Straw Poll so far, rough count shows | Iowa Caucuses

So for the rest of today, tonight and tomorrow this will be discussed.

The exciting news that Rick Perry is entering the race will also be a topic.

I would prefer to be in the UK and hearing news of the riots, I think.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:38 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Some of the moderators had an agenda. It's too early to have any concern unless the media decides to "tag" someone. Funny that the media missed the fact that Obama had no experience when he was in the debates.
He was a Senator.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:40 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
I would prefer to be in the UK and hearing news of the riots, I think.
we should call London and explain Corporations are People too.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:47 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
He was a Senator.
And . . . . ?
Old 08-13-2011, 12:50 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
we should call London and explain Corporations are People too.
people have sure ran with that idea, just because a corporation can own property and have several of the same rights as a person does not make it a person, in fact if romney really thinks that then why have corporate tax rates? let's charge tax rates on them as individuals then (off the revenue and not off the profit) then let's see how much businesses consider themselves people.

not too mention several other avenues that would create issues if corporations were really "people"
Old 08-13-2011, 12:57 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
....... make the bible believe what YOU want it to. (Eccles. 42:13-14)
And many do by taking it out of context.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.