Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-18-2011, 09:41 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
LEO Gets Three Weeks Off For Killing Man on Accident

Justice for Sal - Reason Magazine

I know we have lots of LEO on here. What are your thoughts?

It seems to be a growing concern among the public that LEO are getting increasingly less punishment for mistakes. To me it seems this LEO should have at least gotten a manslaughter charge for accidently discharging his handgun and killing a person, no?

Old 01-19-2011, 04:19 AM  

Rochester, New York
Agreed. If a citizen not in law enforcement had done that, they'd get a manslaughter charge. It's a huge concern when the law is applied unevenly...

Old 01-19-2011, 10:41 AM  
Poison Idea

My bigger concern here is these retarded military style raids on people's homes when they're suspected of petty offenses, especially the night raids. LEO's being cut major slack for big time screw ups and ending people's lives certainly doesn't help either.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:33 PM  

Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
My bigger concern here is these retarded military style raids on people's homes when they're suspected of petty offenses, especially the night raids. LEO's being cut major slack for big time screw ups and ending people's lives certainly doesn't help either.
We are a Police state, all you have to due is watch how these raids go down for confirmation.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:35 PM  

Shuswap, BC
I doubt anywhere could have police as bad as we do in BC.
They have no regard for anyone, just shoot, beat them or whatever seems to be their motto.
I wish every single one was retrained extensively in how to be nice, and reminded to "Serve and Protect" not beat and pillage as they seem to do now.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:33 PM  
Poison Idea

They're there to serve and protect the state and their own asses. Not saying all cops are like that, but the overall idea of it certainly is anymore and they're going the wrong direction in leniency.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:34 PM  

Shuswap, BC
It really is odd, they should be held to a higher standard than the average person.
They swear to uphold the law, and protect the citizens from harm.
They have no trouble cashing their pay cheques, made payable by the taxes we the people pay.ood, and do serve and protect.
But instead of protecting, serving, and living to a higher standard, many cops break laws no normal person would.
They feel no reason to be accountable for their actions, and beat and pillage.
Now I realize some are good people, but far too many are corrupt.
And why do the good ones not arrest and turn in the bad ones?
Old 01-22-2011, 08:37 PM  

Beat and pillage?
Old 01-23-2011, 08:49 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
I find it frustrating that any LEO discussion turns into "all cops are animals".

I think that's one reason why there is a growing riff when a civil discussion cannot take place because everyone makes such generalized statements about LEO.

Personally I've had a ton of positive LEO experiences. I just find it somewhat worrisome to have LEO kill people on accident and suffer nothing more then a couple weeks off. Seems like a bad message.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:59 PM  

There are those who will hate LE forever because of a few bad apples, and then there are some who believe that every occupation has its bad apples. I had a problem with an employee of Best Buy once, and now I'm a firm believer that every employee from that company sucks!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads