Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-27-2011, 11:16 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
You make the assumption that all his trips are necessary, since in reality most are campaigning for either himself or his failed programs he would do well just to stay home.
Lame argument, you don't agree with Obama's agenda so it must be a "failed" program, tell me, were you against bush's trips? his use for failed programs?

Old 06-27-2011, 11:19 AM  

I'd like some opinions on Michelle's cousin parties around the world on AF-1. Is this a necessary agenda?

Old 06-27-2011, 11:24 AM  
Traveler

And now for part two....... Could you imagine what Fox would say if the president were to travel the continent in a car? The time wasted? Or if he was to board a commercial airliner? Fox would have a blast with that one. Oh my God! The president is a very busy man too by the way!
Old 06-27-2011, 11:25 AM  

Yep, fundraisers, golfing, beer summits....the list goes on and on!
Old 06-27-2011, 11:29 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Yep, fundraisers, golfing, beer summits....the list goes on and on!
All part of the job! Tell you what...... I'll copy this thread for when your man or woman gets in!
Old 06-27-2011, 11:34 AM  

My concern that in these economic hard times, everyone, including the Commander in Chief (and his wife), no matter the political side, needs to tighten their belts.

Or to put it in layman's terms, "Lead by Example!"
Old 06-27-2011, 11:43 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
My concern that in these economic hard times, everyone, including the Commander in Chief (and his wife), no matter the political side, needs to tighten their belts.

Or to put it in layman's terms, "Lead by Example!"
you may not favor him, but the president can have an uplifting effect on people, plus in all seriousness this president needs more security then any before for a multitude of reasons. Plus if he did become a recluse as some people on here demand and never left the white house you don't think the right would attack him for that as being lazy? anything he does is a no-win situation to the right, even when he does exactly what they wanted him to.

republicans are pissed because he's "communistic" somehow, I'm pissed because he's been a republican through much of his policies, even his health care reform was a republican plan before it became a communistic leftist idea, we still have the wars going on, guantimo is still open, he extended the tax cuts, he's a ****ing republican in democrats clothing. Every democratic idea has been destroyed by the right and occasionally internal squabbling from the left. Minus health care reform he hasn't really veered from the path Bush was on.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:46 AM  
Traveler

Well, I still believe that people need to recreate, and if it wasn't this, then it'd be something else like Obama should be eating at Jack in the box, rather than having a kitchen staff. To the truly concerned... Other ways of reducing costs like grounding a few military cargo planes, and on and on.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:53 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
Well, I still believe that people need to recreate, and if it wasn't this, then it'd be something else like Obama should be eating at Jack in the box, rather than having a kitchen staff. To the truly concerned... Other ways of reducing costs like grounding a few military cargo planes, and on and on.
then you have to have a fully secured kitchen staff to avoid the risk of poison, it's surely far cheaper to have a few full time trusted chefs

but still pennies compared to say reducing our military budget to 1/4 of it's current size (and we would still be spending twice any other country, so save a few million or save about 450-700 Billion (depending on whose numbers you use)
Old 06-27-2011, 12:04 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
but still pennies compared to say reducing our military budget to 1/4 of it's current size (and we would still be spending twice any other country, so save a few million or save about 450-700 Billion (depending on whose numbers you use)
Realistically you need to look at what we could face over say the next 20 years. Pirates, failed small state despots and Islamaniacs seem most likely.

That no longer requires a superpower ready to fight a huge conventional war on the German plains.
Buy drones and cutback troops. Fewer lives at risk and si;lent death from the skies scares the crap out of tribalists.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads