Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2011, 02:38 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
It's like driving in several ways. Since about 60 I've monitored myself while driving. As my night vision went from incredible to poor I gave up driving at night. I think that's just being responsible.

If my proficiency with weapons begins to be affected I'll add a sawed off shotgun filled with birdshot to my home defense approach. There's an awful lot of responsibility attached to using or carrying a weapon and I don't intend a lifetime of caution to get thrown out the window as I age.
I'm still trying to figure out a safe place to sight in and practice with my .338 WinMag.

""Two female joggers were enjoying a morning run"

Reminds me of the two lesbians that were shot while hiking the Appalachian Trail a few years back. They were sharing a tender moment when a loonie (who they were unaware of) decided they were mocking him. Cops later said he's experienced his share of female rejection.

Goofy pulls out his gun and shoots both killing one.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:16 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
It's like driving in several ways. .......
I agree with that. We don't take away everyones drivers license because some people out there have poor judgement. I know we do issue the drivers license, similar to the CCP. If you don't have a license, you can still buy a car and park it in your yard, just like if you don't have a CCP you can buy a gun, and keep it at home.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:46 AM  

Greenville, SC
"Presbyterian Minister Kimani Wright and his son arrived home in Hillendale, N.C. to find the house had been broken into. Wright retrieved a gun, went inside to investigate and discovered an armed intruder, whom he fired at. Upon coming under fire, the intruder fled the scene. (The Fayetteville Observer, Fayetteville, N.C. 04/22/11)"
Old 04-25-2011, 10:47 AM  

Greenville, SC
"Gary Boyd was hiking near Muldoon, Alaska, when he thought he saw a moose about 20 feet away. Instead of a moose, however, Boyd had seen a 750-lb. bear, which charged toward him. Boyd drew his .44 Mag. revolver and fired five shots. The bear hadn't been dead three minutes when 12 cross-country runners from the high school came by. "
Old 04-25-2011, 10:48 AM  

Greenville, SC
"Rebecca Griffin awoke to the screams of her daughter, who was being bound and gagged by two kidnappers in her Washington, D.C., home. She confronted the men, one of whom was carrying a knife, and brought the attack to a quick halt when she was able to break free and retrieve a .32-cal. revolver from the basement, shooting the knife-wielder four times. The other suspect fled. Griffin and one daughter were slashed during the attack. Some news accounts made no mention that the handgun that saved the Griffins is illegal in the District." The Times, Washington, DC, 12/14/94
Old 04-25-2011, 10:49 AM  

Greenville, SC
In Washington, where armed criminals run rampant but honest citizens are denied the right to own handguns for personal protection, one city resident stood up for himself when he shot a man who tried to rob him in his home. The homeowner had given the thug a bucket of water, but when the bucket was returned, the good samaritan found himself looking down the barrel of a pistol. Raising his hands as ordered, he grabbed a pistol he had secreted on a shelf and shot the would-be robber. Police confiscated his gun, but the district commander said, "If the circumstances are as they seem, I don't think justice will be served if they charge this guy."
The Times, Washington, DC, 5/5/93
Old 04-25-2011, 11:23 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Please keep posting these. It's gratifying to read about bad guys doing the bleeding for a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
In Washington, where armed criminals run rampant but honest citizens are denied the right to own handguns for personal protection, one city resident stood up for himself when he shot a man who tried to rob him in his home. The homeowner had given the thug a bucket of water, but when the bucket was returned, the good samaritan found himself looking down the barrel of a pistol. Raising his hands as ordered, he grabbed a pistol he had secreted on a shelf and shot the would-be robber. Police confiscated his gun, but the district commander said, "If the circumstances are as they seem, I don't think justice will be served if they charge this guy."
The Times, Washington, DC, 5/5/93
I would point out that taking a gun into evidence is standard procedure after a shooting, and while handguns were illegal in DC in 1993, this has since been overturned.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:55 AM  

Greenville, SC
"A convicted sex offender was shot and killed after he broke into a Tennessee home, intending to rape two young sisters inside. The younger sister escaped after being tied up and ran to her aunt’s house next door for help. The sisters’ cousin, a Right-to-Carry permit holder, shot the intruder after the intruder attacked him. "
My Eyewitness News, Memphis, TN, 2/21/2008
Old 04-26-2011, 09:56 AM  

Greenville, SC
"An 88-year-old Ripley, Mississippi, woman was just trying to help out a stranger who had knocked on her door and asked to use the telephone. But once she opened the door, the stranger forced his way into the house, raped her, and robbed her of $50. The woman somehow managed to get away from her tormentor and found her handgun, firing at the suspect three times and sending him fleeing from the house. With a clear description from the victim, the police immediately suspected 19-year-old Ryan Burks because of his prior runins with the law. Minutes later, when police arrived at Burks' grandmother's house, they found Burks bleeding from a gunshot wound under his arm. Burks has been charged with burglary and rape. The unnamed victim was treated and released from the hospital." Southern Sentinel, Ripley, MS, 08/11/04
Old 04-26-2011, 09:58 AM  

Greenville, SC
"A Freeport, New York, woman has her boyfriend and his brother to thank for rescuing her from a rapist. First Squad Det. Lt. Andrew Fal of Nassau, New York, reported that the suspect was believed to have been hiding in the basement of the home for some time. When the woman's boyfriend left for work, the intruder hid his face with a surgical mask and went upstairs. He attacked the woman in her bedroom, punching her repeatedly in the face, and then tried to rape her. The boyfriend's brother, who also lives in the home, heard the commotion and thought his brother was having a fight with his girlfriend. He called the brother on his cell phone to see what was going on, and when his brother told him he was driving to work, the two realized the woman was in real trouble. The brother called the police and retrieved a 9mm pistol. The woman's boyfriend returned to the house where he and his brother confronted her attacker, holding him at gunpoint until authorities arrived and placed her attacker under arrest. "
Newsday, New York, New York, 11/22/03

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!