Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-31-2010, 11:16 PM  

san marcos, texas
prohibition just doesn't work. but I don't think pot will be legalized till the baby boomer generation dies. I can see how the beginning of legalizing pot could be rough, especially because state and federal law are conflicting in California.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:18 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
In any given state, they can legalize it. However, it's still federally illegal. For instance, in downtown Denver it's legal to own a certain of amount of marijuana. However, the fed's can still come in and do raids and still charge people. So until federal law changes, the states' laws are null.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-02-2010, 12:18 PM  

Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
In any given state, they can legalize it. However, it's still federally illegal. For instance, in downtown Denver it's legal to own a certain of amount of marijuana. However, the fed's can still come in and do raids and still charge people. So until federal law changes, the states' laws are null.
Darn Feds.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:45 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Haha. Although I don't advocate legalizing marijuana, I do know that when they did away alcohol prohibition, and that crime went down in America by around 80%. I can see peoples' arguments about making a dent in the black market, and undoubtedly making our borders a lot safer.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:09 PM  
Poison Idea

Quote:
Haha. Although I don't advocate legalizing marijuana *snip*
why not? .
Old 09-02-2010, 03:52 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
why not? .
At least from a logistical point of view, I don't think that the government could handle it. I don't think that they'd keep corruption in check - I think it'd start eating into us more than the taxes from the sales would help us.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:39 PM  
Poison Idea

Quote:
At least from a logistical point of view, I don't think that the government could handle it. I don't think that they'd keep corruption in check - I think it'd start eating into us more than the taxes from the sales would help us.
That's everything the government does, but legalizing it you're still looking at lifting an enormous burden off the DEA and other law enforcement agencies and the corrections system. From that aspect alone there's reason enough to support it in the time and money it would save.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:44 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
No I know it'd take a big burden off of us, but I just think over the long-run it'd hurt us. Just knowing our government, I think it'd turn out to be a disaster.

It's not that I disagree with it morally; like I said, just logistically I don't think I'd trust our government to run a lemonade stand on my block right now

Old 09-04-2010, 08:47 PM  
minion

Williamsburg, Virginia
our government currently cant do a darn thing right last thing we need is all those idiots smokin pot, but i am not against it im unshure of the legalizing it i do believe you should be able to use grow your own as long as u dont sell it, and make driving/ doing other **** while high should make made stiffer crimes to keep the idiots from doing to much dumb stuff while high
dont know if that makes any sense at all but.............
Old 09-04-2010, 09:55 PM  

san marcos, texas
I don't think legalizing it will make it that much more popular, just safer to attain.

It's not stoners that are getting into accidents and killing people, it's all the drunks. Driving stoned just makes you drive like a 90 year old person, very cautiously.

Just another reason why drinking is way more dangerous than smoking.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads