Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2010, 02:58 PM  

Spokane Valley, WA
Legalized for Medical use in WA state :)

I agree that it is a great alternative to taking the real bad drugs from your local pharmacy and have noticed a HUGE difference!

There is a good and bad side to legalizing it as you all already know. A great documentary to watch online for the TRUTH is 'The Union' it is very eye opening!

Booze is WAY worse and more harmful for people than cannabis (original name) like killing your brain cells!! I have seen people who drink everyday get worse and worse over even heavy medical/non-medical users of marijuana!

There have been medical studies that have show how it can reduce brain tumors...of course there are many more pluses to taking marijuana than just that...I don't agree with just using and not doing anything with your life.

I went to high school with add kids that had good grades and could focus only because they smoked.

Don't believe everything, I mean anything, the Gov or Media tells you about marijuana...much less anything else, until you see with your very own eyes that it is true (not read, SEE).

DUI, MADD, hummm why is alcohol still legal when it kills more people than pot does, I mean wait a minute, pot has yet to kill anyone!!

Old 09-16-2010, 03:58 PM  

Austin
YOu want to see what happens when you make drugs legal?

Drugs in Portugal: Did Decriminalization Work? - TIME

Nothing, things get more awesome for everyone.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:35 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
That's an outstanding article! I had no idea...

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-27-2010, 09:54 AM  

Austin
Most don't. It seems we create our own issues.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:22 PM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funetical View Post
Most don't. It seems we create our own issues.
Yep, I agree...Just think, if we made it legal for hot young blond teachers to have sex with male minors, maybe wouldn't hear so much about it

...wonder what they do about that in Portugal?
Old 09-27-2010, 11:23 PM  

Fort Collins, Colorado
Absolutely legalize it for recreational use on a federal level. The war on MJ is probably the most ridiculous fight any large organized group has ever fought and it needs to end now.

And before anyone says it, while I have smoked plenty of weed in my day, I no longer do, so I hold no personal stake in this one.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:34 AM  

Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
Yep, I agree...Just think, if we made it legal for hot young blond teachers to have sex with male minors, maybe wouldn't hear so much about it

...wonder what they do about that in Portugal?
Don't compare statutory rape to pot, we don't need that. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
Absolutely legalize it for recreational use on a federal level. The war on MJ is probably the most ridiculous fight any large organized group has ever fought and it needs to end now.

And before anyone says it, while I have smoked plenty of weed in my day, I no longer do, so I hold no personal stake in this one.
I want it legalized so others can enjoy it, not me. I am selfless.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:38 PM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funetical View Post
Don't compare statutory rape to pot, we don't need that. LOL.
Not comparing but, just observing. Both are socially unacceptable behavior, lots of people do it, goes on more than everyone thinks and I'm jealous cause 40 years ago when I was in HS all the teachers looked like my grandmas anut Helen. You know the one who never married and hated kids and the only ones who smoked were the jazz musicans.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:47 PM  

Rochester, New York
There is no Constitutional justification for overseeing what we ingest. Federal anti-drug laws are inherently illegal.

As for states...what do your state constitutions have to say about whether the state government may or may not determine what you can eat/drink/smoke/inject/huff? If there is no specific mention of that, your state's anti-drug laws are illegal, too.

I don't do drugs and I don't advocate doing drugs.

But there's something a lot worse than a druggie who's lost his mind and that is a government that has usurped power.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:44 AM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
Marijuana:

Definitely legalize it; especially in light of about 98% of the law enforcement machinery i.e. smoking ordinances, DUI limits, revenue collection, etc. are already in place. And, no, the last time I smoked pot was in 1984

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!