Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-08-2010, 08:49 PM  

Denver, Colorado
My son has a medical MJ license and in Denver there are over 3000 dispensaries in the city limits. Literally one on every corner. They limit how much he can buy.....just 2 oz's per day. I about sh*t when I heard that.

Old 10-09-2010, 12:27 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Yeah, it's been tha tway in Denver for a bit. However, the Feds could still come in and bust them at any time, and they often do, because, as I said before, federally, marijuana is still illegal.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-09-2010, 02:31 AM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
i vote for legalization. we cant afford to keep putting people in jail over it anymore....
Old 10-10-2010, 07:08 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Legalize it, let people grow their own, and say good bye to most marijuana related criminal activity.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:43 PM  

Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Legalize it, let people grow their own, and say good bye to most marijuana related criminal activity.
So it seems. It would also help to curb border violence.

People are dying over pot, that's dumb.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:07 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
The whole thing reminds me of my son.

He wants something, and it's bad - he shouldn't have it. But he's throwing a big enough fit and trying to make it sound okay, so occasionally I just give in, just to make him happy and to keep him from whining if I've had a bad day.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:35 PM  

Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
The whole thing reminds me of my son.

He wants something, and it's bad - he shouldn't have it. But he's throwing a big enough fit and trying to make it sound okay, so occasionally I just give in, just to make him happy and to keep him from whining if I've had a bad day.
So then when everyone was "whining" about prohibition, would that have been a reason to keep it? "Whining" and protesting injustice sound like the same thing sometimes. In this case, it's a little of both.

Pot heads want to get high, it's not like those people are doing anything anyways. Seems like we could save money and lives, by legalizing it and making it available for recreation.

I look at it this way though, if the smartest man ever likes it, what harm is it going to do us?

Carl Sagan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 10-14-2010, 01:48 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
That's a good point.

I do agree that crime would certainly go down, just as it did when prohibition was lifted.

However, I just don't think that America is responsible enough to handle legalizing it.

If they legalized it, and made all the laws the same as alcohol - as far as driving under the influence, not coming into work high, etc., and strictly enforce those, then I think we may be able to do it.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:12 PM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
Quote:
That's a good point.

I do agree that crime would certainly go down, just as it did when prohibition was lifted.

However, I just don't think that America is responsible enough to handle legalizing it.

If they legalized it, and made all the laws the same as alcohol - as far as driving under the influence, not coming into work high, etc., and strictly enforce those, then I think we may be able to do it.
I have no problem in controlling marijuana usage as you described. As it is; if you are hopped up on legal prescription drugs and get hurt.........it can go against you--------even if following Dr's orders.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:37 AM  

Austin
Quote:
That's a good point.

Agreed.

More characters

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads