Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-14-2011, 02:40 PM  
fustrated genius

Maybe I am too picky but . . .

I just can't get excited about any potential opposition candidates and I hate Obama.

Huckabee Remains Tight-Lipped on 2012; Aides Say He's a No Go - FoxNews.com

Palin For President

Ron Paul: Who cares that he's seeking the Republican nomination? | Opinion L.A. | Los Angeles Times

AP-GfK Poll: Republicans shrug at GOP's 2012 field - Times Union

I just don't see anything worth voting for here. Rep or Dem

Old 05-14-2011, 04:08 PM  

What is your selection process?

Do you look for a candidate that supports your personal views, or are you willing to settle for a candidate and then adapt your views to what the candidate wants?

In all honesty I wouldn?t vote for Romney even if he hadn?t been a liberal as governor of Massachusetts because Romney is a Mormon.

I don?t like Huckabee?s flat tax idea whereby everyone who isn?t already paying income taxes would get a federal check to make up for what they?d have to pay in flat tax sales taxes. But even if Romney were perfect on the issues, I couldn?t vote for him because he gave a prison furlough to a killer. This alone was enough to make me vote against Michael Dukakis in 1988, so I couldn?t vote for Huckabee now without being a hypocrite.

I didn?t want to vote in 2008. I?ve never voted Democrat and never will. McCain is a philandering scumbag, and I despise Palin- a women who puts her career ahead of her children. But (under the influence of recently prescribed BP and heart drugs) I held my nose and voted for them because Joe Biden is as dumb as a box of rocks.

I wouldn?t vote for Gingrich even if he weren?t also a philandering scumbag simply because of his actions as Speaker of the House.

My preference would be to start a 3rd party that could draw disaffected voters from the left (economically) and right (socially), draft a campaign platform and then recruit a suitable candidate.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:45 PM  
Traveler

.............But who?
Old 05-14-2011, 07:01 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
.............But who?
There once was a time in America?

When big companies cared as much about people as they did profits?and they made profits anyway;

When people who started out as janitors and stock clerks, dishwashers and busboys could spend a lifetime working their way up to department heads and store managers, directors and corporate executives?because they knew that the company they worked for promoted from within and would be around long enough to do so;

When consumers could count on buying high quality goods and services made in America?without going broke in the process because companies knew they had competitors and needed repeat customers to stay in business;

When people took pride in the most menial of labor?because that labor earned them an adequate living along with society?s respect;

When consumers patronized a company?because their grandparents did;

When company executives cared about their personal reputation?because customers knew their name and their company?s reputation was inextricably tied to their personal reputation;

When business owners kept their establishments immaculately clean and in good repair?because they knew their customers could easily shop at their competitors;

When a company?s customers were treated like customers and not guests?because the company knew that customers, not guests, were the people who spent money;

When teenagers had manners?because their mothers insisted that they had manners;

When you knew a woman was a woman by the way she dressed...and not by the way she looked;

When daycare did not exist?because society thought it was more important for children to have mothers than it was for women to have careers;

When Americans could disagree with each other and still remain civil with each other?because they cared too much about their country to do otherwise.

Sadly, that America is not today?s America- and too few Americans care anymore. But candidates for office who do care will stand a good chance of getting my vote.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:34 PM  
fustrated genius

a true story . . . I recently went into a shipping store that has mailbox rentals to rent a mailbox. There were to be 4 people on list to recieve mail in the rented box, I said "It's FAMILY" and she was confused because I just wanted to put a "SURNAME" on the box. She said just list their first and last names and I asked again, "I can't just put the surname?" No CLUE!! "Do they all have the same last name?", she asked,"is that what you mean?"

People think it's wierd that everybody has the same last name in a family? Is my family wierd because we all have the same surname?
Old 05-14-2011, 07:37 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaja View Post
There once was a time in America?

When big companies cared as much about people as they did profits?and they made profits anyway;

When people who started out as janitors and stock clerks, dishwashers and busboys could spend a lifetime working their way up to department heads and store managers, directors and corporate executives?because they knew that the company they worked for promoted from within and would be around long enough to do so;

When consumers could count on buying high quality goods and services made in America?without going broke in the process because companies knew they had competitors and needed repeat customers to stay in business;

When people took pride in the most menial of labor?because that labor earned them an adequate living along with society?s respect;

When consumers patronized a company?because their grandparents did;

When company executives cared about their personal reputation?because customers knew their name and their company?s reputation was inextricably tied to their personal reputation;

When business owners kept their establishments immaculately clean and in good repair?because they knew their customers could easily shop at their competitors;

When a company?s customers were treated like customers and not guests?because the company knew that customers, not guests, were the people who spent money;

When teenagers had manners?because their mothers insisted that they had manners;

When you knew a woman was a woman by the way she dressed...and not by the way she looked;

When daycare did not exist?because society thought it was more important for children to have mothers than it was for women to have careers;

When Americans could disagree with each other and still remain civil with each other?because they cared too much about their country to do otherwise.

Sadly, that America is not today?s America- and too few Americans care anymore. But candidates for office who do care will stand a good chance of getting my vote.
Oh boy! We agree on somethin'!
Old 05-14-2011, 08:07 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
a true story . . . I recently went into a shipping store that has mailbox rentals to rent a mailbox. There were to be 4 people on list to recieve mail in the rented box, I said "It's FAMILY" and she was confused because I just wanted to put a "SURNAME" on the box. She said just list their first and last names and I asked again, "I can't just put the surname?" No CLUE!! "Do they all have the same last name?", she asked,"is that what you mean?"

People think it's wierd that everybody has the same last name in a family? Is my family wierd because we all have the same surname?
If you were talking to an immigrant they likely don't know English well enough to know what the word surname means.

If you were talking to a native born American (or one born in Kenya) they are likely illegitimate and thus don't understand the concept of a family name.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads