Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-28-2012, 06:03 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
The steel fuel lines from the tank to the carb or injectors will also corrode or rust. You change them out to stainless steel. You change out the neoprene componets in the fuel system with bunoflex. They're hard to start even when hot outside and the engine has been off for awhile. So you fabricate a 1/2 gallon or so tank for gas and a fuel pump with a fine mist spray nozzel just above the bore of the carburetor or fuel injection to spray gasoline fuel for a couple of seconds into the motor to get it started easy. Anhydrous alochol of any kind draws water out of the air and dilutes to lesser proof and doesn't burn as well. Also the water in the alcohol causes more corrosion So you change out your fuel trank for a fuel cell with a bladder and don't allow any contact with air. But all this is for pure alochol motors and not for 10% or 15% ethenol/gas blend. I've run ethanol/gas blend in 1960's era cars as well as all my newer vehicles for many years now with little to no problems. I have observed little to no difference in fuel consumption with the little difference being sometimes a tad more fuel consumption but not much.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:35 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Well I was a Toyota Certified Mechanic for a few years and can tell you that alcohol, even just 10% is tough on valves.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:39 PM  

Just stop the subsidies and see how long it continues.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:52 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
Just get rid of the lobbyists promoting corn for ethanol and allow sugar cane or switchgrass for biomass to distill. Energy out of corn against energy in is 1.3 to 1, sugar cane is 8 to 1, switchgrass is even better than sugar cane but I don't know exactly how much the ratio. Brazil has been doing ethanol since the 1970's for etiher 100% ethanol fuel, or 100% gasoline, or ethanol/gasoline blends. They think America is crazy for using corn to distill into ethanol for fuel. They have mostly subsidized ethanol. But, they now let gasoilinge and ethanol compete and most all their vehicles are flex fuel types now than can burn either 100% ethanol, or 100% gasoline, or a blend of both. The last few years their even offering diesel with ethanol in it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads