Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-23-2012, 12:34 PM  

Multitude of Fools

This has been forwarded by email and apparently incorrectly attributed as an article appearing in the Czech Republic. It does have merit though as it waxes a bit prophetic.
Quote:
Multitude of Fools

The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president.

The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool.

It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:10 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
emails are always such a profund source of information.................... Eddie, seriously?

Old 03-27-2012, 10:41 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
emails are always such a profund source of information.................... Eddie, seriously?
If it were a joke, would it be funny?
Old 03-28-2012, 05:38 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
If it were a joke, would it be funny?
not in the least bit, I think you need a better understanding of what a joke is
Old 03-28-2012, 09:14 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T
This has been forwarded by email and apparently incorrectly attributed as an article appearing in the Czech Republic. It does have merit though as it waxes a bit prophetic.
If it was incorrectly attributed to the Czech Republic where did it come from? I don't trust anything like this without a reference source. But then again this whole thing is simply a matter of selective perception. Obviously written by a conservative. The real multitude of fools would be those who give something like this any credibility.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:44 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
If it was incorrectly attributed to the Czech Republic where did it come from? I don't trust anything like this without a reference source. But then again this whole thing is simply a matter of selective perception. Obviously written by a conservative. The real multitude of fools would be those who give something like this any credibility.
I don't think it needs a "reference source" because it isn't necessarily stating challengable "facts". It is merely subjective statements (as I see it anyway..). Folks who don't care for Obama can apply it to him and his supporters or folks who didn't like Bush could apply it to him and his supporters. I believe it is a fair statement. It's sort of like someone saying "Obama is bad for our country" and then someone saying "oh, I need a reference source or I won't believe it..."... I don't think it really matters where it came from.. I do like it though. It makes sense (I'm no fan of Obama though...)

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 03-29-2012, 05:37 AM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep

I don't think it needs a "reference source" because it isn't necessarily stating challengable "facts". It is merely subjective statements (as I see it anyway..). Folks who don't care for Obama can apply it to him and his supporters or folks who didn't like Bush could apply it to him and his supporters. I believe it is a fair statement. It's sort of like someone saying "Obama is bad for our country" and then someone saying "oh, I need a reference source or I won't believe it..."... I don't think it really matters where it came from.. I do like it though. It makes sense (I'm no fan of Obama though...)
So even though this is a person opinion it doesn't need to be supported by facts or evidence?
Old 03-29-2012, 06:40 AM  

Nashville, TN
Well, opinions are subject to ones perspective. I can get in the car with my wife and she turns the a/c on hyper drive panting furiously "Its hot in here" and I think it's comfortable. Who's right by using "facts" as a standard from our perspective? How can you challenge who's position is correct. Opinions are what we see based on our life experiences. Facts can be distorted, manipulated and corrupted to validate anyones position on any subject.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:30 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
Well, opinions are subject to ones perspective. I can get in the car with my wife and she turns the a/c on hyper drive panting furiously "Its hot in here" and I think it's comfortable. Who's right by using "facts" as a standard from our perspective? How can you challenge who's position is correct. Opinions are what we see based on our life experiences. Facts can be distorted, manipulated and corrupted to validate anyones position on any subject.
This.

If someone "proves" an opinion with facts I don't think it remains an opinion.

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 03-29-2012, 08:02 AM  

Nashville, TN
While I agree with you, I also disagree. Ask someone what temp water boils and the common response is 212'. A fact, water boils at 212'. This is a fact at sea level, not true at higher altitudes. Whether or not someones thinks someone is doing a good job in a occupation is really only an opinion.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads