Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2011, 10:56 PM  
Traveler

My choice

Herman Cain for President

sigh--the ATL--this is the best that we can do

might not be perfect --but far superior to the alternatives--i don't care what you think, fyi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Cain

Herman Cain (born December 13, 1945) is an American businessman, syndicated columnist, and radio host from Georgia. He is the former chairman and CEO of Godfather's Pizza and a former deputy chairman (1992–94) and chairman (1995–96) of the board of directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.[2] Before his business career he worked as a mathematician in ballistics as a civilian employee of the United States Navy.[3][4] He lives in the Atlanta suburbs, where he also serves as an associate minister at Antioch Baptist Church North.

In January 2011, Cain announced he had formed an exploratory committee for a potential presidential campaign for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012, and on May 21, 2011, Cain officially announced his candidacy.[5] In September 2011, Cain won a Republican presidential straw poll in Florida, beating rival Rick Perry, who was leading in the polls.[6]

Old 10-12-2011, 05:42 PM  
Traveler

sigh--just found out--Cain to the Right of Boortz--that won't work for me.

so--Romney it is. /gavel

just get him moved in by Jan 2013. and let's get the show on the road.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:31 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
cain's plan is a big middle finger to roughly 60-80% of tax payers (huge tax increases - roughly double for those making 40k a year), but will be a big benefit for those at the top
Old 10-13-2011, 07:02 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
cain's plan is a big middle finger to roughly 60-80% of tax payers (huge tax increases - roughly double for those making 40k a year), but will be a big benefit for those at the top
so i heard--will not listen to the political stuff anymore.

worst possible 'solution' for someone like me. just don't like either party and Boortz has indoctrinated me to believe a alternative--3rd party would help.

thankful a guy at the dog park knew better.

Romney it is. /gavel.

call the movers and let's Go, 'Let's Roll'. Flight 93.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:55 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by addymiller View Post
so i heard--will not listen to the political stuff anymore.

worst possible 'solution' for someone like me. just don't like either party and Boortz has indoctrinated me to believe a alternative--3rd party would help.

thankful a guy at the dog park knew better.

Romney it is. /gavel.

call the movers and let's Go, 'Let's Roll'. Flight 93.
eh, romney isn't much better, he's flipped flopped a bit, everything Obama is, is the same as Romney was, before romney went hardcore republican, so it all comes down to who are you electing and who will you get? the new romney or the old romney? Obamacare was likely designed off of romneycare they are so similar. I think Romney used to be good, until he sold out to big interests and turned against the people.

Even his business experience is lacking, yes he made lots of money (coming from a background with lots of money to begin with) but he was practically gorden gecko from the movie wall street (villian) he buys up companies, sucks the profit out of them and leaves them to die, some survive, many went bankrupt, he was never really a job creator but more of a blood sucker ). He was Obama policy wise before Obama was on the scene...

not trying to crap on your selections, honestly, The political field to choose from is full of pathetic choices on both sides, and it seems to be all about picking the least horrible candidate then choosing a good one.

I wish we had A GOOD method to get 3rd parties into the mix, maybe a more parliamentary style system somehow so we could actually get a change to occur instead of picking between two corporate and money approved minions.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:36 PM  
Traveler

what i predict will really happen:

--agonizing months until someone is selected--vicious and bitter exchanges

i won't know about any of that of course--since i ain't playing the game again.

--then the election---it will be close and Obama will stay in office

--a firestorm of hatred will then be unleashed--just like before

down in Pensacola--which seems to think it is running the US--most devout GOP members are there apparently--they will fetch forth the attorney who was selected by Bush and Cheney to adjudicate the overseas votes and chads--he will do what he does and the process will be prolonged worse than Bush and Kerry--much, much worse.

--the 2 legislative houses will then become absolutely 'locked'

--then, while all of this is going on--sigh--someone will do something more catastrophic than 911 or the entire radical wings of both sides will go absolutely insane.

that will be it for this nation. anyone left standing can turn out the light.

China and any North Korea and those in the middle east can then celebrate.

the world will indeed be very different.

jmo.

aren't we great?

as the magnificent Boortz says--'Free societies don't last long'. he has said it for years.

i refuse to vote for rick perry. worse than GW--who was lambasted by his party as disgustingly as Obama is now being blasted.

so what other choice do we have--did steve jobs design an apple product capable of running the US? hope so. just get a powerful computer---cost effective and i assume computers are really better than people--just what most experts seem to think.

tired of this foolishness. i wasted an untold amount of time during the Bush years trying to gain further fyi--about 4 people online ever had anything to say that was really useful to me. didn't bother to vote in the last election and so--whatever Romney is and may choose to do--if i am not too busy i will vote for him. might be dead by then. from what the government has been able to do for me---can no longer do much for myself or anyone else.

i don't really care. a lot of us are on board the Titanic--we tried, weren't nasty enough, failed and to sink into the ocean sounds pretty good. /gavel

all because of the senseless adversarial nature of the system.

'The US destroyed itself.'--wikipedia will say that.

very sad, very sad state of affairs. when the US is gone--lots of other nations will go, too.

i guess sean hannity will be out of a job--one good thing.

he can hold himself accountable--quote from the Bible--no one will be around to love and adore him. he won't survive that, i feel certain. 'I take care of my family' and let others suffer--what a great guy. so many like that.

sickening---so many sickening and small minded people. so glad to live in a different way--'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.'---i haven't stopped no matter what others have done to me and then felt proud of themselves --which absolutely amazes me---the very BEST people do not understand how truly cruel and despicable they are.

in a bitter and facetious mood and pay no attention to this post. if anyone living thinks his/her 's' doesn't stink--they need to think again. this attitude is compliments of an idiot --retired military in Pensacola, FL.

somehow i will forget about him---he is adored in Pensacola. making millions and proud of himself. he has a boat, he likes to take it out and put his toes in the water and watch the Blue Angels and satisfy himself in every way----'Do the Right Thing' is his motto. a real prince of a guy. yuk--he touched me --how could i allow that. never again--never again.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!