Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-25-2011, 02:32 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Yeah, but if you snip the tip off my dick, I won't die. Cut out my liver and I'm unquestionably toast. See the difference?

There have been cases of people who didn't provide much hope of recovery only to shock doctors later on. I'd hate the monetary allure for organ harvesting to overtake patience by caregivers during recovery.
generally no (although it does happen, usually from infection) but regardless harm is still done either way, yes one is more severe then the other but the basic conflict of interest exists just the same, but as it is right now people die who in theory could possibly recover, who knows, we are only discussing organ donation. If we get the demand down then there wouldn't be a rush and the opt-in just is not getting enough donors to meet demand. I have a feeling a lot of people would be for it but are just too lazy too fill it in as the y think they have plenty of time left

Old 01-26-2011, 05:20 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
..... If we get the demand down then there wouldn't be a rush and the opt-in just is not getting enough donors to meet demand. I have a feeling a lot of people would be for it but are just too lazy too fill it in as the y think they have plenty of time left
(I don't even want to get into the circumcision thing.....)
But Anyway.... I agree that people are most likely lazy about it. That is why if they knew that should they ever need an organ, it would be in their interest to be a doner. I'm not sure how to get the demand down, but I believe that the supply would be dramatically increased.

I don't believe that I like the whole mandatory organ donation thing. I just don't think it is necessary.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.