Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2011, 05:34 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Well Eddie, you sure fooled the hell out of me all this time!
It's a bit scary when you think of it, common sense being confused as being a republican.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:52 AM  

California
Zing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-25-2011, 11:22 AM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
It's a bit scary when you think of it, common sense being confused as being a republican.
Well, you already said that you weren't a republican soooooo....... and, I wasn't attaching a "common sense" lable to it at all, no sir! You way misunderstood me there!
Old 06-25-2011, 11:23 AM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Zing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...........Fizzle.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:15 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
...........Fizzle.
dizzle . . .pizzle . . . .wizzle . . .laddah-dahda-dah . . why we talkin like Snoop-dog now?
Old 06-25-2011, 12:40 PM  
Traveler

Ha hoah ha hoah ugh ugh da doah! Boink! Getting real good at the rap thing, working with a bunch of kids and some big ole stereo they rigged up. Never thought I'd say it, but I actually wear earplugs and can't wait for the stereo to break. Getting old I guess.........
Old 06-25-2011, 04:01 PM  

"In a world of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
Old 06-25-2011, 04:09 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Bring a player with you and fight the noise with Wagner's "Die Valkyrie".
A National Debt Parody-dv.jpg 

Old 06-27-2011, 01:44 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
France's Sarkozy Defends Huge State Investment Plan

HTML Code:
http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20110627-709425.html
Quote:
PARIS (Dow Jones)--French President Nicolas Sarkozy defended Monday his economic policies insisting the EUR35 billion investment program he launched November 2009 is essential for the country's economy and not contrary to France's battle to rein in its swollen public finances.

"Of course there is the question of debt, but to pay it back we need growth in the economy," Sarkozy said.

The French President used the example of Greece, saying it too needs growth to be boosted by investment in innovation. "We see what is happening in Greece--cutting spending isn't getting [it] through ...
Britain and most of the EU are doing the same thing as the US. They invest to grow their economies out of the recession.

Why?

Because the consensus opinion of the world's top economists all say this is our (and their) best hope to shake it off.

Both our Great Depression and our current Recession were caused by GREED. Roosevelt thought a balanced budget would rid the US of the Depression. The year he got a balanced budget was the WORST year of the Depression.

In reality no one then or today knows how to cure an economic morass so they try what the experts think may be our best hope. Japan spent over a decade mired in Stagflation so we're trying to avoid that by putting money where it can grow.

I find this pretty frustrating but at least I understand why it's done and the terrible things we're avoiding by doing so. I'm no economist but I defer to my physician in matters medical so I'll defer to economists rather than a bunch of redneck illiterates with Teabuggery signs.

This weekend I heard an economist predict a 3rd stimulus package which I certainly wasn't pleased by but it's the most qualified experts we need to support, not Archie Bunker.
A National Debt Parody-2nd.jpg 

A National Debt Parody-05_full_600.jpg 

A National Debt Parody-130.jpg 

A National Debt Parody-470362972v2147483647_480x480_front.jpg 

A National Debt Parody-amensty.jpg 

A National Debt Parody-beast.jpg 

A National Debt Parody-bloodshed.jpg 

A National Debt Parody-590.jpg 

A National Debt Parody-descent-tea-bagger.jpg 

A National Debt Parody-hard-wroking-people.jpg 

Old 06-27-2011, 02:47 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
HTML Code:
http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20110627-709425.html
Britain and most of the EU are doing the same thing as the US. They invest to grow their economies out of the recession.

Why?

Because the consensus opinion of the world's top economists all say this is our (and their) best hope to shake it off.
But does it work, is it working and is it really investment we are talking about in the US or just a spending spree?

Do the math, we have a debt that is beyond resolution and all government spending is doing is growing that debt. Private sector investing can grow the economy but government regulation and control causes investors to go to ground. Small business will not expand to the point of falling under Obamacare.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!