Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-03-2016, 07:22 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
No Obama fan, but

Here are a few statistics ( that can be found by even a few minutes of researching: )

In Feb 2009, just after Obama was sworn in, then in October 2015:

# of people with no health insurance: 16.1%, 9.0%

US national unemployment rate: 8.9%, 5.0%

US Stock Market: 7,365, 17,910

Annual Deficit: -1,400 Billion, -426 Billion

GDP Growth: -2.8%, 3.7%

Consumer Confidence: 25.3, 97.6

Combat Troops Deployed: 186,300, 9,937

Old 01-05-2016, 08:46 AM  
American

The unemployment rate is actually 40% rather than the 5.1% as reported by the Labor Department,this view can be supported by actual statistics. If you use the broadest definition of unemployment, the ratio of people over the age of 16 with jobs to the overall 16-and-over population, the Labor Department says that 40.6% of the population is unemployed.

Recent US Federal Deficits
Federal Deficits were declining in the mid 2000s as the nation climbed out of the 2000-02 recession. But the recession that started late in 2006 drove deficits higher, with a deficit in FY2009 driven up by over $700 billion in bank bailouts under the TARP program.

After the Crash of 2008 the federal deficits did not go below $1 trillion until FY2013.
Budgeted US Federal Deficits.

The FY2016 federal budget estimates budget deficits out to 2020. It forecasts moderate deficits at about $500 billion per year.
The federal debt increases each year by more than the deficit. For FY 2016 the federal budget estimates that the federal debt will increase by about $1 trillion. That’s about $250 billion more than the official “deficit.” See Federal Debt.

But there’s more. There is the increase in debt from the “agency debt” of government-sponsored enterprises. And there is the implied deficit from unfunded liabilities like Social Security and Medicare.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:21 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
The unemployment rate is actually 40% rather than the 5.1% as reported by the Labor Department,this view can be supported by actual statistics. If you use the broadest definition of unemployment, the ratio of people over the age of 16 with jobs to the overall 16-and-over population, the Labor Department says that 40.6% of the population is unemployed.

Recent US Federal Deficits
Federal Deficits were declining in the mid 2000s as the nation climbed out of the 2000-02 recession. But the recession that started late in 2006 drove deficits higher, with a deficit in FY2009 driven up by over $700 billion in bank bailouts under the TARP program.

After the Crash of 2008 the federal deficits did not go below $1 trillion until FY2013.
Budgeted US Federal Deficits.

The FY2016 federal budget estimates budget deficits out to 2020. It forecasts moderate deficits at about $500 billion per year.
The federal debt increases each year by more than the deficit. For FY 2016 the federal budget estimates that the federal debt will increase by about $1 trillion. That’s about $250 billion more than the official “deficit.” See Federal Debt.

But there’s more. There is the increase in debt from the “agency debt” of government-sponsored enterprises. And there is the implied deficit from unfunded liabilities like Social Security and Medicare.
So you know more than economists?
Old 01-05-2016, 08:59 PM  
American

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
So you know more than economists?
Well that depends......what else do they know? I can do all aspects of building a house, I can take any machine apart and put it back together, I can operate heavy equipment.....I have a long list of skills and a balanced education.....so I don't know the answer to you question....I guess it would be yes for some of them and no for others.....does that mean I can't research your claims?

I took a class in statistical manipulation ....I mean statistical information.
It is not that I know more, I just know you can't believe everything you read.
I hate to tell you this but people lie a lot. Information....especially government generated information is rounded to the nearest helpful number at the very least and likely completely manufactured.

I had to look for an hour to find economists whose information sounded right to me based on my daily observations of my surroundings, news and conversations in three different political groups.

The 5.1% unemployment number is a joke. You would have to be living under a rock to believe that one.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:22 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
You didn't answer my question. Typical for you.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:03 AM  
American

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
You didn't answer my question. Typical for you.
Your inability to understand my answer is not the same as not answering.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads