Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-31-2012, 05:05 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
When you refer to "the environmentalist" or the "tree huggers" exactly who are you referring to? We know who the company's are that are doing this. The ones who have lobbyist and lawyers. Remember though that when using those very vague phrases you aren't talking about an identifiable entity. They hold the same value as saying "us" or "them". Who is "them"? Anyone who is not "us"? So who are tree huggers and environmentalist? I'll say it again. Since you are aware of the problem and express a concern, you are. Yes companies do this to keep prices the same, or increase them, and get away with it. Why? They are organized better and more importantly have a better financial base. A financial base created with the same money we pay them for their products that we get short-changed on.
Hey man, don't get your junk all bunched up at me, all I was saying was that I don't think that Eddie was "accusing" the ENVIRONMENTALISTS of anything... Also, I was just repeating what had already been said which was that product size had been decreased which results in more trash. I didn't say that the companies did anything "wrong" per-say.... I mean come on, the packaging does say what the amount is right?
Oh and if you want to know who "environmentalists" are then try this out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmentalist

And what do lobbyists have to do with this discussion?

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 01-31-2012, 07:59 AM  

Quote:
That is, after all, one of the concerns that "tree huggers" have. Not just the environmental impact but the financial cost related to the problem. As to why you don't hear more, maybe because you're listening to only one side.,.?
All I have is the liberal media which favors the huggers but it's rather silent on the issue as well.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:54 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep

Hey man, don't get your junk all bunched up at me, all I was saying was that I don't think that Eddie was "accusing" the ENVIRONMENTALISTS of anything... Also, I was just repeating what had already been said which was that product size had been decreased which results in more trash. I didn't say that the companies did anything "wrong" per-say.... I mean come on, the packaging does say what the amount is right?
Oh and if you want to know who "environmentalists" are then try this out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmentalist

And what do lobbyists have to do with this discussion?
I agree with the first half of your statement and no those companies are not doing anything wrong per-say because yes the packaging does state the volume in the package so at least it is not false advertising. Where we differ is you want to cite Wikipedia as a resource? And tell me just who is the "Liberal media" anyway? You seem to throw out a lot of catch phrases without having a grasp of the definition or even if there is a definition. As far as what lobbyist fit it, wow. Are you kidding? Or just naive?
Old 01-31-2012, 03:57 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T
All I have is the liberal media which favors the huggers but it's rather silent on the issue as well.
Wow, between you and YJ which is the ventriloquist and which is the dummy? The two of you parrot each other perfectly. Word for word.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:19 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
I agree with the first half of your statement and no those companies are not doing anything wrong per-say because yes the packaging does state the volume in the package so at least it is not false advertising. Where we differ is you want to cite Wikipedia as a resource? And tell me just who is the "Liberal media" anyway? You seem to throw out a lot of catch phrases without having a grasp of the definition or even if there is a definition. As far as what lobbyist fit it, wow. Are you kidding? Or just naive?
I don't think I even said anything about "liberal media" (I didn't go back to all my posts, but I don't think I did..) and as far as lobbyists, yeah, what do they have to do with packaging of product and whatnot... Lobbyists generally are used to gain some sort of preferential treatment or have influence on lawmakeing.. Are you saying that if it weren't for the lobbyists then what?? There might be laws dictating the size of packaging?? Or the quantity in the package??? If that is what you are saying that is ridiculous. I sure hope there aren't laws made for that type of thing. I doubt lobbyists are needed for that.

Oh, and when someone says "what is _______" I think it is reasonable to reference wikepedia.

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.