Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-30-2011, 09:56 AM  

TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
WOW!!! there's all the proof I need guys, thanks!! I do still have a couple questions . . .

so the policy that Bush should have taken is, "ha ha silly terrorists, that OK, it's only a couple buildings, and a few thousand lives, oh yes, a few silly airplanes too, we'll just sit here and watch you ram more planes up our wazzoos, just spread the other cheek" right? or perhaps tuck tail, fold up and RUN like Clinten had us do out of Samolia when they brought down our bird.

and my other question is . . .
OK, good show, reagicans and bushicans are the bad guys . . . what's the Obamacrats got as far as a PLAN to get us out of this mess? and NO, you do NOT need to tell me that the bushicans don't have a plan because that is already pretty friggin obvious, or should I say a plan FOR the poeple's well being. Now, that the fingers are done being pointed, NOW what?
A couple of things:

1) Iraq was a war of choice and the administration told repeated lies in order to get us into it

Jan 23 2008 2:43 PM EST
The Bush Administration Lied 935 Times About Iraq Before Invasion:
President cited as most frequent liar, with 259 false statements about weapons of mass destruction.

http://dearkitty.blogsome.com/2008/0...es-about-iraq/

2) Bush cut taxes twice with 1/2 going to the upper 1% of taxpayers. In the 1950's tax rates for the wealthy were 91% of everything one earned above $300,000. This country used to pay for it's wars with taxes.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:33 AM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorph View Post
A couple of things:

1) Iraq was a war of choice and the administration told repeated lies in order to get us into it

Jan 23 2008 2:43 PM EST
The Bush Administration Lied 935 Times About Iraq Before Invasion:
President cited as most frequent liar, with 259 false statements about weapons of mass destruction.

Dear Kitty. Some blog :: US Bush administration lied 935 times about Iraq :: January :: 2008

2) Bush cut taxes twice with 1/2 going to the upper 1% of taxpayers. In the 1950's tax rates for the wealthy were 91% of everything one earned above $300,000. This country used to pay for it's wars with taxes.
yeah yeah, the Bushicans start unecessary wars and give their buisness buddies breaks and . . . all the buisnesses still left to China . . .

and the question was . . .? still no answer because the billycrats don't do much better, do they? neither do the Obamacrats.

Americans are stupid, look how popular Elvis was and is. you vote Obama back in and we're up for more of the same ol stuff. Vote in the palincrats and it's precisely the same or the buchacrats. We both lose

Old 06-30-2011, 10:46 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
yeah yeah, the Bushicans start unecessary wars and give their buisness buddies breaks and . . . all the buisnesses still left to China . . .

and the question was . . .? still no answer because the billycrats don't do much better, do they? neither do the Obamacrats.

Americans are stupid, look how popular Elvis was and is. you vote Obama back in and we're up for more of the same ol stuff. Vote in the palincrats and it's precisely the same or the buchacrats. We both lose
the democrats have been the only ones in recent history to balance the budget, heck we were on track to have a surplus until bush took office and spent that surplus like crazy while the republicans claimed having a surplus would hurt the economy....so we needed to give it away in the form of tax cuts for the rich.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:21 AM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
the democrats have been the only ones in recent history to balance the budget, heck we were on track to have a surplus until bush took office and spent that surplus like crazy while the republicans claimed having a surplus would hurt the economy....so we needed to give it away in the form of tax cuts for the rich.
and Elvis was the king of rock n roll . . . good for you, then, vote for one.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:51 AM  

TN
Quote:
and Elvis was the king of rock n roll . . . good for you, then, vote for one.
You know what? I was a Republican till Reagan and Bush's daddy quadrupled the national debt. The Republican party used to stand for small government, balanced budgets and individual rights. The last time I voted Republican was for Reagan in 1984 and I wish I had it back. I've only voted for a Democrat twice in a national election, Kerry in 2004 and Obama in 2008. I should say I voted against spend and borrow Republicans. One thing I'll say...if the Republicans can't find anybody to run who's better than that menagerie they've got running around the country yelling "Cut Medicare" I'll vote for Obama again.

Just for the record:

1956 Eisenhower
1960 Nixon
1964 Goldwater
1968 Nixon
1972 Nixon
1976 Did Not Vote
1980 Anderson(I)
1984 Reagan
1988 Did Not Vote
1992 Did Not Vote
1996 Did Not Vote
2000 Did Not Vote
2004 Kerry ***
2008 Obama ***

*** Voted Against Spend And Borrow Republicans
Old 06-30-2011, 12:21 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
A balanced budget or even that (phantom Clinton surplus) is useless if the debt is not payed down. Both dems and reps are delinquent here. The debt is probably beyond resolution, so do we default now or raise the debt limit and default later?
Old 06-30-2011, 12:32 PM  

TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
A balanced budget or even that (phantom Clinton surplus) is useless if the debt is not payed down. Both dems and reps are delinquent here. The debt is probably beyond resolution, so do we default now or raise the debt limit and default later?
The "Phantom" Clinton Surplus Was Real. This country was on a path to completely pay off the entire national debt and then along came George, Slow Walking, Slow Talking George.

Go read house resolution 4601 from 2000(106th congress). It was a bill which used any excess revenue income to pay down debt...Off Budget. The Clinton administration bought back about $400 billion of debt during fiscal years 1998, 1999 and 2000.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:41 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
It is the politicians who got us in this mess, and it must be them to get us out.
They gave BIG OIL a windfall tax break when BIG OIL was earning BILLIONS each quarter. Why blame Congress for Bush? He feted Saudi royalty at his ranchy and on Sept. 12th 2001 only Saudis flew over America.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:38 PM  

TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
They gave BIG OIL a windfall tax break when BIG OIL was earning BILLIONS each quarter. Why blame Congress for Bush? He feted Saudi royalty at his ranchy and on Sept. 12th 2001 only Saudis flew over America.
This country has had a presence in Saudia Arabia all my life. I'm 77 years old. You want to talk about dictatorships and theist governments? None is much worse than they are. Folla De Dolla! It's the oil baby.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:39 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorph View Post
You know what? I was a Republican till Reagan and Bush's daddy quadrupled the national debt. The Republican party used to stand for small government, balanced budgets and individual rights. The last time I voted Republican was for Reagan in 1984 and I wish I had it back. I've only voted for a Democrat twice in a national election, Kerry in 2004 and Obama in 2008. I should say I voted against spend and borrow Republicans. One thing I'll say...if the Republicans can't find anybody to run who's better than that menagerie they've got running around the country yelling "Cut Medicare" I'll vote for Obama again.

Just for the record:

1956 Eisenhower
1960 Nixon
1964 Goldwater
1968 Nixon
1972 Nixon
1976 Did Not Vote
1980 Anderson(I)
1984 Reagan
1988 Did Not Vote
1992 Did Not Vote
1996 Did Not Vote
2000 Did Not Vote
2004 Kerry ***
2008 Obama ***

*** Voted Against Spend And Borrow Republicans
well, dorph, I ain't saying republicans are the good guys, I'm saying the dems are bad guys TOO. I voted Obama last election and have regretted it ever since and see nothing better in the reps side either. Like I said, I can't stand either one right now, I am PO'd as all get out that we have no other options.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.