Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-29-2012, 09:02 AM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor
Haven't checked this bill but sponsors of the previous attempts were primarily Republicans. Why not blame them? Remember "Eddie T" the president doesn't write laws. Or do you not remember the constitution from high school?
Yup. If I remember my government classes correctly there are 3 branches. The Executive, the Legislative which writes laws, and the Judicial. If you want to point a finger why not start with your Congressional reps? And they would be...? Republican? Democrat? Kind of makes me wonder if Eddie T knows the fundamental difference between the two. Here's a hint, it has NOTHING to do with being Conservative or Liberal.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:28 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
My rep is Vicki Hartzler, I did not vote for her. She ran on a "TeaParty" platform of no more government handouts, even tho she has received $775,000 in farm subsidies. Typical politician. One of her Democratic opponents pushed the idea of making robocalls illegal. He advertised with robocalls.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:36 PM  

So, all of a sudden the POTUS is not to blame for anything. I guess that could be an excuse to vote for Obama. But the congress kowtowed to Obama before the republicans took the house, now they are to blame when Obama doesn't get his way. It's really time for "we the people" to wake up instead of letting the government of either party keep us subservient.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:42 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
So, all of a sudden the POTUS is not to blame for anything. I guess that could be an excuse to vote for Obama. But the congress kowtowed to Obama before the republicans took the house, now they are to blame when Obama doesn't get his way. It's really time for "we the people" to wake up instead of letting the government of either party keep us subservient.
But that isn't what you were complaining about. The Republicans in congress, Lamar Smith of Texas is one, have been pushing these internet snooping bills for several years. How can that be blamed on Obama? He has already said he will veto it if it passes.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:17 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
But that isn't what you were complaining about. The Republicans in congress, Lamar Smith of Texas is one, have been pushing these internet snooping bills for several years. How can that be blamed on Obama? He has already said he will veto it if it passes.
It would be good if he vetoes it, this bill is dangerous. But will he veto the Senate version?
Old 08-15-2012, 11:56 PM  

I dont think Obama will be reading our emails.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.