Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-08-2012, 08:43 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Hmmm. Let's list Mitts lies.
I think you're gonna need another internet.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:49 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
I think you're gonna need another internet.
Good point now that the LIC has another term to go.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:04 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Lies During Fourth Year

?Mitt Romney raised nursing home fees eight times.?
Politifact.com
It would be more accurate to say Romney raised the licensing fee for seven levels of nursing facilities one time, in addition to the per-day bed tax.
Quote:

?Mitt Romney called the Arizona law a model for the nation.?
Politifact.com
This statement (as it appears here) is actually true:

"You know, I think you see a model here in Arizona. They passed a law here that says that people who come here and try and find work, that the employer is required to look them up on E-Verify. This E-Verify system allows employers in Arizona to know who's here legally and who's not here legally. And as a result of E-Verify being put in place, the number of people in Arizona that are here illegally has dropped by some 14 percent, where the national average has only gone down 7 percent."

The reason Politifact claims it is false is because it was said in the context of SB1070, a different but related Arizona law.
Quote:

?Planned Parenthood provides mammograms?
Spero News
Per http://factcheck.org/2012/10/planned...nd-mammograms/

"According to Planned Parenthood, its medical staff performed 747,607 ?breast exams/breast care? in 2010, the most recent statistics available. As for cervical cancer screenings, as the president mentioned, it performed 769,769 Pap tests."

While mammograms and breast cancer screenings are significantly different medical procedures, Obama's political point about Planned Parenthood would not have been changed significantly by changing "mammogram" to "breast exam".

Quote:

?We got back every dime we used to rescue the financial system?
cbsnews.com
Per http://www.politifact.com/new-hampsh...-federal-bail/

"But, the fact remains, due to interest, dividends and other revenue streams, the government has received more money back ($266.7 billion, according to the Treasury) than it handed out to banks under the bailout law ($245.2 billion). We rate this claim Mostly True."
Quote:

Benghazi violence was caused by an internet video & demonstrations
State Department
Obama's words:

"Well, we?re still doing an investigation, and there are going to be different circumstances in different countries. And so I don?t want to speak to something until we have all the information. What we do know is that the natural protests that arose because of the outrage over the video were used as an excuse by extremists to see if they can also directly harm U.S. interests."

His statement doesn't claim that the videos **caused** the attack, only that the reaction to the videos was used to justify the attacks.
Quote:

?Mitt Romney Plans to fire Big Bird?
Politifact.com
At worst, an exaggeration. Romney made it very clear he wanted to end subsidies to PBS.

Quote:

?Under Gov. Romney?s definition ? Donald Trump is a small business.?
politifact.com
Yeah, that one was kinda silly.
Quote:

Because of Obamacare, ?over the last two years, health care premiums have gone up ? it?s true ? but they?ve gone up slower than any time in the last 50 years.?
politifact.com
Read the Politifact summary:
"He mistakenly referred to premiums, not all health care spending for 50 years. The historical data for premiums is generally consistent with his claim, but they only go back 14 years."

Health Care Spending rose less than it has in 50 years, and health care premiums have risen less than they have in 14 years.
Quote:

?I think it?s important for us to understand that the Fast and Furious program was a field-initiated program begun under the previous administration?
abcnews.com
The program of ATF agents allowing guns to ?walk? across the border so as to trace them **was** started during the Bush presidency, as Operation Wide Receiver.
Quote:

Romney and Ryan will gut pell grants for low-income college students.
Factcheck.org
Except Obama didn't claim this. The link to the evidence for this claim cites San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro.

Quote:

My budget will cut the deficit by $4 Trillion over 10 years.
Factcheck.org
Is wartime spending part of the deficit? If it is not, then the 10-year deficit is a hell of a lot less than is being reported. If it is part of the deficit, then those cuts, plus the cuts he's instituted add up to his claims.

You don't get to use a "gimmick" to artificially inflate the deficit and then refuse to allow that same "gimmick" to be used when you cut it.

Quote:

?I am told that Governor Romney?s new running mate, Paul Ryan, might be around Iowa the next few days,? he said while in Council Bluffs, Iowa. ?He is one of the leaders of Congress standing in the way. So if you happen to see Congressman Ryan, tell him how important this farm bill is to Iowa and our rural communities.?
House passed bill on August 2, 2012 (Paul Ryan voted yes)
Ok, I'll give you that one.
Quote:

The American automobile industry has come roaring back?So now I want to say what we did with the auto industry, we can do it in manufacturing across America. Let?s make sure advanced, high-tech manufacturing jobs take root here, not in China. And that means supporting investment here. Governor Romney ? invested in companies that were called ?pioneers? of outsourcing. I don?t want to outsource. I want to insource.
Forbes- Outsourcer-In-Chief: Obama Of General Motors
Washington Post called Romney's firms "Pioneers of outsourcing". There is no dispute that they were heavily devoted to outsourcing. We're supposed to think differently about it because Romney didn't explicitly create the idea of outsourcing, he just perfected it?
Quote:

?You Didn?t Build that?
The GOP themed their convention on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama
There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me ? because they want to give something back. They know they didn?t ? look, if you?ve been successful, you didn?t get there on your own. You didn?t get there on your own. I?m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something ? there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)
If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you?ve got a business ? you didn?t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn?t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.
The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.?
The entire theme to Obama's speech was that none of us live in a vacuum. "If I have seen further it is by standing on the backs of giants". "I am what I am because of who we all are." "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together."

He spent three paragraphs discussing the how public support benefits private enterprise, and then the GOP took four words, twisted it into a communist manifesto, and spent the entire campaign tearing down that strawman. Every time they repeated it, every moderately informed voter knew it was bull****.

That lie set the stage for the entire, radically dishonest GOP campaign. A thoughtful, rational, truthful, fiscally conservative candidate could have won that race in a heartbeat. It was Romney's race to lose. And he completely blew it. Turns out that fiscal conservatives like numbers; social conservatives like sunshine blown up their asses. And it also turns out there's more fiscal conservatives than social conservatives.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:01 PM  

Another Obama term will provide us with plenty more to discuss. I hope the forum has adequate bandwidth to support Obama as he moves us forward.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:48 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Hmmm. Let's list Mitts lies. This guy is the biggest flip flopper. He's got more faces than a picaso!
This is a very immature reply...
The tread is about "Obama Lies Listed"
This is the reason I rarely post on any forums anymore

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.