Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2011, 02:14 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
You can blame Bush all you want for the recession, but Obama still has spent and racked up more debt than any president in history - numbers don't lie.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 05-03-2011, 02:26 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
You can blame Bush all you want for the recession, but Obama still has spent and racked up more debt than any president in history - numbers don't lie.
I mean, gutting the revenue generating mechanisms of the fed gov. rests with bush and the tax cuts. The recession responsibility spans a few different administrations and their housing/ mortgage/ securities policies. Also giving the SEC the ability not to enforce their own regulations (which is somewhat of a constitutionally mindboggling part of the gov).

The emergency spending under Bush and under Obama served to prop up the banking industry and the auto industry to avoid total catastrophic failure was something of a necessary evil. There are some valid criticisms though to how we're spending if we are indeed attempting to spend our way out of failure - one of my econ professors likened it to attempting to jump a ravine on a motorcycle, except you lay of the gas and only jump half way.

Either way, the fact Americans see the unemployment rate fall, and the economy appear to turn around, and view the capture of osama bin laden as an indicator of good leadership and a major accomplishment contribute greatly to an approval rating and a strong showing in the next election.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:41 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Good, intelligent response.

I actually somewhat agree - this is weird!

Old 05-03-2011, 04:49 PM  

radness.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:55 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I agree that catching Osama under Obama's watch was a great accomplishment.

I don't think it changes that he's a terrible president, though.

If the historic mid-terms weren't enough of the people telling you how we feel, we'll just have to wait until 2012...
all that proved is that people are easily scared by change and lies. The people that benefit the most from the system have been convinced they should receive less so the rich can get more. It is sad how amazingly stupid people can be. If anyone thinks that obama's plan was bad needs to read the republicans plan, they just planned to royally **** over the average american
Old 05-03-2011, 04:57 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Yeahhhh, keep telling yourself that. So when Obama gets punted out of office, then people are still just going to be stupid, too, right?

Old 05-03-2011, 07:38 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
The people that benefit the most from the system have been convinced they should receive less so the rich can get more. It is sad how amazingly stupid people can be.
I only agree a bit with this. Having spoken to a fairly high number of people just on the Healthcare issue I was appalled by the angry ignorance I heard.

They did believe grandma was at risk but explaining end of life covered counseling drew blank stares. They believed the initially intended single payer plan would cost them extra money when in fact it's intent was to insure the poor and uninsured.

Glenn Beck and a few like him have America's least aware in the palm of their hand.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:56 PM  

Our President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
Since fulfilling his promise and going further than any other leader, and finally capturing Bin Laden. I must say that I'm beaming this morning. I know that many will try to detract from Obamas resounding success and glorious victory, but our president, Mr Obama, deserves some long over due recognition.
True to some degree. I agree that he gave the order to move but lets not forget that our good'ol boy's on the ground got it done. I would however like to see a commander and chief humping through the rocks working side by side our fighting men and women. Those day's are gone and left with Patton and MacArthur. So not to burst your bubble, I agree somewhat. After all, planes arriving from overseas filled with coffins were and always will be, the real hero's of this war. God Bless them all!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:06 PM  

Amen to that!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:45 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift View Post
True to some degree. I agree that he gave the order to move but lets not forget that our good'ol boy's on the ground got it done. I would however like to see a commander and chief humping through the rocks working side by side our fighting men and women. Those day's are gone and left with Patton and MacArthur. So not to burst your bubble, I agree somewhat. After all, planes arriving from overseas filled with coffins were and always will be, the real hero's of this war. God Bless them all!
I agree 100%. I just created this thread because I knew all too well that some would do their best to downplay Obamas role in this. I, of course recognize that Obama did not personally find Osama and haul him in! Also, as the son of a retired navy father having two older brothers who served as well, I can effectivly tell you that I'll be the first to tip my hat at the sight of a service member. These guys are the true grit of our nation, and while I may not have supported some presidents policies, I've always supported our troops. Moreover, those actually involved in the apprehension of Osama, are indeed the true heros, and Obama, who certainly put this whole thing together, is the team owner!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!