Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-15-2013, 02:39 PM  

Just a brief reply, if your folks served in the military, they already receive free medical from the Veterans' Administration, and Social Security is received only when you contribute to it. This is not a free loader....they paid in and sure enough, they should receive the benefits.

Since you live in Canada, you also receive medical treatment at a no or low cost, but it is actually paid by greater sales taxes, and IMHO this is something, just like your folks, that you paid into, and should receive.

I will disagree with you that half of the United States are free loaders, however, if you saw what has happened in South Central Los Angeles, which is only a stones throw from where I live, the current Government is paying folks to not work. Instead of placing a limited time on folks who are down and out, the Government just extends the time rather dealing with the problem at hand.

We are at a breaking point where California has run out of money. Sure, we can take the 1% of our wealthiest folks, and squeeze them for every penny they own, and we will be in the same situation.

Yes, it is a dilemma that we are faced with. Unless we change our tactics, the entire state will become bankrupt. So far, there have been 5 cities around me that have done this, and it is not healthy for anyone.

Watch this video to see how this parasite scam works:

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.