Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2011, 03:57 PM  

Obama Visits NC

Obama visited NC State University and a small business. It turns out the small business does a good percentage of its work from Costa Rica. This from the Herald Sun:
Quote:
Obama?s stop at the university is slated to follow a visit to a small business in Apex, WestStar Precision, a contract manufacturer of product parts for aerospace, medical and alternative energy companies.

The owner of the company, Erv Portman, said he launched the company in 1996. It now employs 24 people in Wake County in addition to another 24 in a Costa Rica facility that opened in 2000.

Read more: The Herald-Sun - Obama visits Raleigh today

Old 09-14-2011, 04:49 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
ok, and? this is a globl economy, ford and chevrolet employ people all over the globe, same with honda and toyota who have employees here. what is your point?

Old 09-14-2011, 11:03 PM  

I am suspicious since Westar touts its manufacturing facility in San Jose, Costa Rica as being designed for high volume production to support our international and domestic clients. To me that suggests that most of the production will be there. Present employment seems to be equal at both locations according to the Westar website but I heard on the news that employment in Costa Rica was double that of the Apex, NC facility (forty something opposed to 23).

What does this have to do with Ford, Chevrolet, Honda and Toyota? Obama was in North Carolina.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!