Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2012, 05:41 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Also for a different perspective, If I employ workers and have them work on christmas day and have to pay them overtime pay due to the law, how is that much different from what is going on here, I am not a christian but have to pay employees as if I/they were. It goes both ways.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:06 AM  

We seem to have gotten on to a rabbit trail:
Quote:
Religious Liberty - The Latest Target of Obamacare
Topics: Political News and commentaries

Let there be no doubt whatsoever, this is indeed dangerous to the very fabric of our society, and a crucial reason why the whole health law, with its centralized control over health-care decisions, must be repealed.

Grace-Marie Turner writes at NRO:

The Obama administration announced today it will wait for a year (coincidentally until after the elections) before requiring religious organizations to comply with an Obamacare mandate that they provide coverage for contraception -- including controversial drugs that can abort an early pregnancy.

This started with a decision by the Obama administration last summer listing the "preventive" services that must be covered by health plans under Obamacare without charge to patients, and the list included contraception.

This is another assault on the Constitution and the First Amendment's guarantee of religious liberty. The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) called the federal regulation an "unprecedented threat to individual and institutional religious freedom."

The Obamacare regulation gives faith-based institutions, like Catholic universities and hospitals, the choice of violating the fundamental tenets of their faith by covering the federally mandated coverage in their employee health plans, or of dropping health insurance for their employees -- in which case they would be fined for violating the employer mandate.

Much more about this outrage, here.

As outrageous as the Obama administration's unprecedented threat to individual and institutional religious freedom in regard to healthcare is, just as outrageous is the utterly corrupt Obama/Holder Department of (In)Justice's recent argument before the Supreme Court that "public interest' should overrule churches' freedom to choose their own ministers, and administer their own internal affairs. Both of these are examples of the Obama administration and the left's ongoing war against faith.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:35 PM  

Kent, Ohio
It is very simple. The people want minimum coverage standards to include contraceptive treatments and circumcisions among a myriad other care options. The insurance company providing such coverage is NOT a religious organization.

You think redjeepxj or I are happy that they cover circumcisions against our "religious" beliefs?

If you are a faith-based employer, you can hire and fire on moral considerations. Fire anyone who seeks contraception, regardless of whether insurance covers it.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:01 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
It is very simple. The people want minimum coverage standards to include contraceptive treatments and circumcisions among a myriad other care options. The insurance company providing such coverage is NOT a religious organization.

You think redjeepxj or I are happy that they cover circumcisions against our "religious" beliefs?

If you are a faith-based employer, you can hire and fire on moral considerations. Fire anyone who seeks contraception, regardless of whether insurance covers it.
Not everyone understands the problem.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:22 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Not everyone understands the problem.
what is it you don't understand?
Old 01-27-2012, 08:10 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
what is it you don't understand?
I guess it's you.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:27 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
I guess it's you.
He's been using plain English this entire time. Can you elaborate on what exactly has you confused?

Quote:
Let there be no doubt whatsoever, this is indeed dangerous to the very fabric of our society, and a crucial reason why the whole health law, with its centralized control over health-care decisions, must be repealed.
The law doesn't control health-care decisions. The law doesn't make a decision on whether or not someone will seek contraceptive care, circumcisions, or any particular medical procedure. It determines what insurance companies are required to cover.

Should patient care decisions be left to doctors, patients, and families, or should insurance companies be allowed to insert themselves into the decisions? This law requires insurance companies to cover specific treatment and care options, and removes them from being able to insert themselves into care decisions on these treatment and care options. The law does this without bringing the government into the decision of whether or not to seek contraceptive care.

Does the law say what doctors insurance companies are required to accept? Are they allowed to say "Doctor X is the only doctor authorized under our plan to provide contraceptive care" and Doctor X is a catholic who refuses to provide contraceptive care? A secular organization wouldn't tolerate this, but I don't see a faith-based organization (who can hire and fire on the basis of "morality") or its employees having an issue with this sort of technicality.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:05 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Right now I have a choice, buy food or insurance. In 2014, they will take the insurance out of my social security check.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:15 PM  
fustrated genius

Democrats go after religious freedom and Republicans go after collective bargaining in the workplace. PHEWY to em both.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:12 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
Democrats go after religious freedom and Republicans go after collective bargaining in the workplace. PHEWY to em both.
what are you talking about, republicans have been pushing for less and less religious freedom for as long as I can remember. so what do you mean? unless you really meant "more ability for christians to push their beliefs on others and others have to listen/abide by christian beliefs" but mistakenly calling that a lack of religious freedom, I don't see your point.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!