Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 12-19-2010, 03:38 PM  
Senior Member
 
Jake7's Avatar

Honolulu, Hawaii
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,294 | Kudos: +135
Images: 45
Obama's handling of the wars

What do you guys think of our President's handling of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? Disappointed, satisfied?
__________________

__________________
Discover Scentsy at Lucky Lucy Scentsy Products - an independent Scentsy consultant!


https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:52 PM  
Senior Member
 
Brian's Avatar

Rochester, New York
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 262 | Kudos: +47
Disappointed. No better than Bush.

What was the purpose of invading Afghanistan? Was it to depose the Taliban? Or was it to depose them and keep them deposed forever?

What was the purpose of invading Iraq? Was it to depose Hussein? Or was it to depose him and keep all Ba'athists from power always?

ROE permit us to decapitate a nation, but not prevent it from becoming a threat again in the near future.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:54 PM  
Senior Member
 
Funetical's Avatar

Austin
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 345 | Kudos: +20
Horrible.

He lied. We are supposed to be out of everywhere, it's not happening.

I don't think it should, but man this guy has managed to not live up to one of his campaign promises.

Left right, I don't care, Bush was a liar and so is Obama. We just keep electing liars, but then, all these guys are lawyers so, shame on us.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:09 PM  
Senior Member
 
Jake7's Avatar

Honolulu, Hawaii
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,294 | Kudos: +135
Images: 45
I'd have to concur. I've totally given up on endorsing either party - they're both pretty disgusting as of late. I try to just keep out of politics altogether.
__________________
Discover Scentsy at Lucky Lucy Scentsy Products - an independent Scentsy consultant!


https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:49 PM  
Senior Member
 
Funetical's Avatar

Austin
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 345 | Kudos: +20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I'd have to concur. I've totally given up on endorsing either party - they're both pretty disgusting as of late. I try to just keep out of politics altogether.
Me too, but then it doesn't change. By or mere intolerance we have an obligation to change it.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:56 PM  
Senior Member
 
Brian's Avatar

Rochester, New York
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 262 | Kudos: +47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funetical View Post
Horrible.

He lied. We are supposed to be out of everywhere, it's not happening.

I don't think it should, but man this guy has managed to not live up to one of his campaign promises.

Left right, I don't care, Bush was a liar and so is Obama. We just keep electing liars, but then, all these guys are lawyers so, shame on us.
Obama made campaign promises the nation can't keep. So I can't really blame him for not acting precipitously in pulling out our troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He needs to define what he wants accomplished and then create an exit strategy based on that. As far as I know, he hasn't done the former.

Bush was no gem by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm curious to know how and when Bush lied, particularly in the context of the wars.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:20 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 538 | Kudos: +23
Well we are mostly pulled out of Iraq and it's a lot more stable. We are in Afghanistan because of it's geographical location much like Iraq. I think the region esp. Iran/Israel might be more apt to War if it wasn't for the Gorilla next door with all their troops. With oil already high I can't imagine what a complete de-stabilization would do to prices, could crash an already fragile US economy raising fuel prices fast.
__________________
Help CityProfile grow!
Join Now!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:39 PM  
Senior Member
 
Funetical's Avatar

Austin
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 345 | Kudos: +20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Obama made campaign promises the nation can't keep. So I can't really blame him for not acting precipitously in pulling out our troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He needs to define what he wants accomplished and then create an exit strategy based on that. As far as I know, he hasn't done the former.

Bush was no gem by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm curious to know how and when Bush lied, particularly in the context of the wars.
I agree, but the voters should have known that and voted accordingly.

I think realizing he didn't have the authority o do that would have been a good place to start.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.