Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2010, 02:38 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Obama's handling of the wars

What do you guys think of our President's handling of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? Disappointed, satisfied?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-19-2010, 03:52 PM  

Rochester, New York
Disappointed. No better than Bush.

What was the purpose of invading Afghanistan? Was it to depose the Taliban? Or was it to depose them and keep them deposed forever?

What was the purpose of invading Iraq? Was it to depose Hussein? Or was it to depose him and keep all Ba'athists from power always?

ROE permit us to decapitate a nation, but not prevent it from becoming a threat again in the near future.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:54 PM  

Austin
Horrible.

He lied. We are supposed to be out of everywhere, it's not happening.

I don't think it should, but man this guy has managed to not live up to one of his campaign promises.

Left right, I don't care, Bush was a liar and so is Obama. We just keep electing liars, but then, all these guys are lawyers so, shame on us.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:09 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I'd have to concur. I've totally given up on endorsing either party - they're both pretty disgusting as of late. I try to just keep out of politics altogether.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 01-06-2011, 03:49 PM  

Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I'd have to concur. I've totally given up on endorsing either party - they're both pretty disgusting as of late. I try to just keep out of politics altogether.
Me too, but then it doesn't change. By or mere intolerance we have an obligation to change it.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:56 PM  

Rochester, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funetical View Post
Horrible.

He lied. We are supposed to be out of everywhere, it's not happening.

I don't think it should, but man this guy has managed to not live up to one of his campaign promises.

Left right, I don't care, Bush was a liar and so is Obama. We just keep electing liars, but then, all these guys are lawyers so, shame on us.
Obama made campaign promises the nation can't keep. So I can't really blame him for not acting precipitously in pulling out our troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He needs to define what he wants accomplished and then create an exit strategy based on that. As far as I know, he hasn't done the former.

Bush was no gem by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm curious to know how and when Bush lied, particularly in the context of the wars.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:20 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Well we are mostly pulled out of Iraq and it's a lot more stable. We are in Afghanistan because of it's geographical location much like Iraq. I think the region esp. Iran/Israel might be more apt to War if it wasn't for the Gorilla next door with all their troops. With oil already high I can't imagine what a complete de-stabilization would do to prices, could crash an already fragile US economy raising fuel prices fast.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:39 PM  

Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Obama made campaign promises the nation can't keep. So I can't really blame him for not acting precipitously in pulling out our troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He needs to define what he wants accomplished and then create an exit strategy based on that. As far as I know, he hasn't done the former.

Bush was no gem by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm curious to know how and when Bush lied, particularly in the context of the wars.
I agree, but the voters should have known that and voted accordingly.

I think realizing he didn't have the authority o do that would have been a good place to start.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!