Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2014, 10:20 AM  

Obummercare

Let's face it the media snookered us again by suggesting new enrollments in the exchanges were a sign it is working. Let's face it, the 4 million or so enrollees are a far cry from the 26 million Obama wanted. Also, to make it even remotely appearing to pay its way many healthy enrollees are needed. But not to worry, no one plans to ever resolve the national debt anyway. My insurance company's ads point out that the plan was not intended to lower the cost of healthcare and that it in fact increases costs due to the additional regulations and paperwork. IMHO rationing is already evident as I posted in my recent experience with my wife.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:39 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
I couldn't afford health insurance before and still can't afford health insurance.

Old 06-28-2014, 04:33 PM  

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
I couldn't afford health insurance before and still can't afford health insurance.
But, weren't you promised that you could afford health care AFTER the ACA was passed?

Are you insinuating it might have been - gulp - a prevarication?
Old 06-29-2014, 11:18 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcabbie View Post
But, weren't you promised that you could afford health care AFTER the ACA was passed?

Are you insinuating it might have been - gulp - a prevarication?
No. It was a lie.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:20 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
I could sign up for Medicare, but unless you buy a supplement, it doesn't pay for anything. It's cheaper for me to pay for my yearly Doctor visit out of pocket.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:27 PM  

Didn't the CBO predict Obummercare would reduce the deficit? Now come the predictable disclaimers as the CBO states that it cannot figure the overall financial impact of the Affordable Care Act because it can no longer “determine exactly how the provisions of the ACA that are not related to the expansion of health insurance coverage have affected their projections of direct spending and revenues.” Who wudda thunk it?
Old 07-09-2014, 09:35 AM  

Dr. Ben Carson claims that only 5 percent of patients have complex pre-existing or acquired maladies. That means we are all suffering this colossal burden to only help 5 percent. There has to be an easier way.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:51 AM  

My girlfriend's 92 year old mom was taken to the hospital last month. She has medicare insurance. Her co-pay quadrupled and when she called this morning to question it, she was advised that it was due to ACA, aka Obamacare.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:49 AM  

Nevada
Wish I kept the link but just copied an article showing that LESS people are covered by healthcare insurance today than before the ACA.

And, it also warns of some serious increases in costs coming Sept 1.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:02 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
My sister-in-law's heart doctor dropped her as a patient because of the ACA. He will no longer take Medicare because of payment cuts.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!