Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2011, 07:25 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
As it turns out, this is where I'm working, making nearly $39 an hour. Believe me........The military has enough. It's time to cut them back more. Way more. That money could be used to support unemployment extensions or other welfare programs.
It seems evident from the Libyan mess that NATO needs to call on the US just to beat up a tin horned sand-despot.

We have a Super Power military in a world without enemies that would meet on on a battlefield.

Looking at US/China trade one wonders how necessary a decades long Cold War over market share really was.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:36 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Mostly at military bases. We just performed work at a chemical weapons depot for the Army. Before that, we were at an Army reserve center doing work as a civilian. Coming up soon.....Working at an air force base. A member of our team is a 20 year national guard person who is retiring at over $2,400 a month. For a weekend a month, yes! Too much money. No way he earned that sort of retirement. Cut him back and a whole lot of others and put the money up for people who are unemployed and others who had worked, but now can't find work. The military is a great big vent of way excess spending. Everything they have is top of the line. They should be buying Chinese made stuff like the rest of us!
So who contracts you? And what chemical weapons depot did you work at? Are you military, reserves, civilian? Sorry, I didn't catch any of that.

Wow your retired buddy must be at least 60, and in order to earn that he must've been an 0-7 - very impressive!

I don't know where you've been working, but the military certainly doesn't have everything top of the line. We use tons of hand-me-downs and equipment that is well-outdated. And, as a member of the active-duty military, I can tell you that we don't get paid that much.

I'm assuming you've never actually served before, or else there's no way you'd be saying these things.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 04-27-2011, 09:00 AM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

Am I under indictment? Should I be sworn in? Let me get my attorney! No, I'm a civillian. I work for a contractor. We do mostly federal projects and everything we do partaining to the military is top of the line, the most expensive, and for what it's worth, yes, I was in the Navy, and so was my pops and both my brothers. My pops retired in 1974. The other guy is 41.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:55 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Hah well, in the National Guard, the absolute earliest you can retire is 50 years old, and that's only if you've been deployed for ten years - normally, retirement is at 60 years old. Additionally, making it to O-7 in 20 years is just impossible. For example, my CO has been in the Marine Corps 26 years, on active duty, deployed at least 5 times, and he's a Major.

So, in short, your friend is full of crap.

You must've been in the Navy Reserve. Like I said, if you were active duty you'd know what type of equipment we work with - especially if you've ever been on a float. I'm in the Marine Corps, so I've been plenty of floats, so I know the Navy's equipment.

And what chemical depot did you do work at?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 04-27-2011, 03:17 PM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

Quote:
Everything they have is top of the line. They should be buying Chinese made stuff like the rest of us!
Now I KNOW you're high!!
Old 04-27-2011, 08:13 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

Perhaps overstated, but the military does spend way too much and operates with a much larger footprint than is needed. They need to shutter equipment and cut back on the manpower through attrition, and bank that money! I know from my experiences through my work, that the military spends plenty and the componants we are installing are first rate, and not much expense is spared. Now this could be as a result of the TARP money from Bush and Obama, but it is incredibly wasteful and excessive. As regards my workmate, I can only go on what he says. I suspected that he might be full of it. I know that he is seeking disability also from them, all the while doing extensive physical labor. That is all I have to say about that!
Old 04-27-2011, 08:19 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
DARPA did a lot of work with the Bell Labs facility at the Fab I worked in. Sometimes reactors or other units were producing mostly scrap. Darpa insisted we pay people OT and run 3 shifts a day making that fine scrap.

People live off government military excesses. Every base should have a Super Center Walmart. If a procurer needs something he checks Walmart before ordering it elsewhere. Toilet seats for $4.95.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:25 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by M22KLARS View Post
Now I KNOW you're high!!
I used to avoid Walmart but now I can't afford not to shop there for basics.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!