Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-30-2011, 06:42 PM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
It's called vilification, and it's the only chance for Obama now that we have all seen his version of "change". I played Taps at a military rites funeral today and overheard a conversation about Obama's failure and the fact that everyone could see it. My only comment was "not everyone . . . "
Obiviouly they haven't met the mohel.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:14 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
[QUOTE=Eddie_T;127217 My only comment was "not everyone . . . "[/QUOTE]

I doubt you could have added much besides praise for the 9 little Indians. Don't wait for Christie, if the religious fruitcakes ever hear his positions they'll come to Trenton with pitchforks.

Torches And Pitchforks

"Ah, there's no justice like Angry Mob Justice."
? Seymour Skinner, The Simpsons, "Bart After Dark"
The standard equipment for any angry mob on a Witch Hunt. The mob may be going after an evil wizard, a vampire, a mad scientist, a "perverted" person, or any other unpopular local figure. If they're coming after the good guys for one reason or another (like if our heroes are hiding a Reluctant Monster), their best defense is Shaming The Mob.
Related to the less focused, but more destructive, Powder Keg Crowd. Malicious Slander may have stirred them up; good luck finding out who, if anyone, is responsible for the rumors.
A common parody is to have someone at a riot scene politely selling or handing out said pitchforks, or for angry mobs to be judged by the quality of such equipment.

The peasants are - well, you know.
Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-wda1162l.jpg 

Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-wda1366l.jpg 

Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-killitwithsticks.jpg 

Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-mob_pitchforks2.jpg 

Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-m-2445.jpg 

Old 10-01-2011, 10:48 AM  
fustrated genius

How bout the other air head, is she still in? (crossed fingers)
Old 10-01-2011, 03:47 PM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
How bout the other air head, is she still in? (crossed fingers)
I hadn't heard that Hillary was running.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:10 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
I hadn't heard that Hillary was running.

The Secretary of State certainly knows the political as well as the usual geography of the world. That leaves Perry looking up Pakistan and O'Donnell, Bachmann and Palinpuss looking up Paul Revere's bells.

Quote:
Just a suggestion: if you're going to take a campaign-style swing around the country to patriotic places without announcing a campaign while pissing off the mainstream media by not giving them your schedule or talking to them, make sure you have your history right.

Former half-term Alaska governor Sarah Palin is learning that lesson the hard way as she tries to step out of the quicksand mess that is her Revere-gate. You might recall that Palin told a local news station in Boston last week that famous rider Revere "warned the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms."

A great quote that happened to get the history of Revere's ride exactly wrong. So paid Fox News contributor Palin defended her latest gaffe on the network on Sunday, explaining that, "I didn't mess up about Paul Revere. Part of his ride was to warn the British that were already there that 'hey, you're not going to take American arms, you are not going to beat our own well-armed persons individual private militia that we have.'"

So who was to blame? Yup, the "lamestream" media for trying to trip her up with their gull darned "gotcha questions" again.

Palin's supporters are clearly on board her historical revision tour, since they tried to update the Wikipedia entry on Revere to make it jibe with her comments. In keeping with Palin's claims, they altered it to read "Revere did not shout the phrase later attributed to him ("The British are coming!"), largely because the mission depended on secrecy and the countryside was filled with British army patrols; also, most colonial residents at the time considered themselves British as they were all legally British subjects." (Italics represent the edited parts."

Wiki quickly deleted the revision, explaining that the "content was not backed by reliable sources."

Should Palin stop talking about Revere?
Should Sarah Palin Just Stop Talking About Paul Revere? - Page 43
Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-colbert-sendin-warnin-shots-bells.jpg 

Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-1041cbcomic-palin-paul-revere.jpg 

Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-battybelfry.jpg 

Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-wassailing.jpg 

Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-ireadit.jpg 

Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-illegalalien.jpeg 

Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-us-history-according-sarah-palin.jpg 

Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-mccainfacepalm.jpg 

Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-two-if-tea.jpg 

Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-palin-paul-revere-1-.jpg 

Old 10-02-2011, 01:03 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
The Midnight Ride of Paul Revised

Quote:
Palin certainly knew Revere wasn't firing off "warning shots.? There were no warning shots in the days of the single-shot, hard-to-reload musket. Nobody wasted shots, let alone ammunition, on warnings. They shot to try to hit something. Palin just slipped up there with her messaging, which is easy to understand because her problem has never been her history so much as her grammar and vocabulary.

This is nothing new. Palin has always spoken some form of Wasillian, or even maybe Northeast Wasillian, an extremely rare dialect.

Reporters translated it for her, or cut her video snippets to seconds to try to make some sense of them.

No more. Today Palin has the luxury of speaking direct to the nation on video so she can say this of Paul Revere:

"He who warned the, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms by ringin' those bells and makin' sure he's ridin' his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were gonna be secure and we were gonna be free."

OK, let's try to figure this out. Revere "warned...the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms.? Why would the British need to be warned of that? They already knew they were facing resistance from armed Americans. That's why the British were trying to disarm the Americans.

And they were going to do this, if you read Palin's statement carefully, "by ringing those bells.? Or at least that appears to be what Palin is trying to say when she indicates the British aren't "gonna be takin' away our arms by ringin' those bells." And she's right. It is unlikely the Minutemen would have put down their arms (actually, she means firearms, but arms is fine for the Twitter-world in which Palin dwells) because the English were ringing bells.

All of which brings us to that phrase about "makin' sure he's riding his horse through town.? What does that modify? "The British...weren't gonna be taken away our arms by...makin' sure he's ridin' his horse through town?? Chew on that for a while.

Imagine Revere "ridin' his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells.? If Revere was sending bells and warning shots, you have to wonder how he was sending them. English mail? The U.S. Postal Service didn't yet exist. And who was he sending the bells to? And what were the bells supposed to mean if one was sent to you?

English would appear to be a second or third language to Palin.
Sarah Palin's problem is her English, not her history | Alaska Dispatch

Listen my children and you will hear
of the campaign ride of Palin dear
Rewriting history, what's the big deal?
Sometimes I wonder if she's for real

Yes Paul rode a horse
And he rode through the town
But here's how the story
REALLY went down:

No mention of lanterns
By land or by sea
Instead Paul rang BELLS!
Rang 'em loud, rang 'em free

And here's the best part
I just have to admit:
Was he warning Bostonians?
No! He was warning the BRITS!!!

With sincere apologies to Longfellow

Free Bumper Sticker
Obama for America | 2012 | Get a free Obama 2012 bumper sticker
Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-palin-revere.jpg 

Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-6-7-11.jpg 

Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-bellringer.jpg 

Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-palin-revere.jpg 

Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-christmas-story.jpg 

Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-wikipedia-exposed.jpg 

Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-palinapocalypse.jpg 

Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-midnight-ride-700x498.jpg 

Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-palins-ride-color.jpg 

Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-roflmao_522.jpg 

Old 10-02-2011, 02:49 PM  

Nashville, TN
blucher, you really need to get over this school boy crush you have on Sarah.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:48 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
blucher, you really need to get over this school boy crush you have on Sarah.
been there, done that

now I'm hot for the witch................
Palin preparing to disappoint her fans?-new-1sm.jpg 

Old 10-03-2011, 08:43 AM  

Maybe someone could vilify her so much that Obama would look good. Oops, guess that's the plan.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.