Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2011, 11:20 AM  

Greenville, SC
Poor homes to get $10 cable broadband next year

Poor homes to get $10 cable broadband - Technology & science - Tech and gadgets - msnbc.com

Well, what if they don't have a car??? Are we going to subsidize car ownership?? Oh, and of course they need cable to stay informed!! Oh good grief Charlie Brown.....

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 11-09-2011, 11:22 AM  

Greenville, SC
Oops... I thought the title to the thread would say something else!! Please moderator, fix my screwup!!

It is supposed to say:"Poor homes to get $10 cable broadband next year"

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 11-09-2011, 12:43 PM  

. . . and Obama thinks everyone deserves a college education (at our expense). I think adopting a pet from the pound is a good allegory, they charge you for it so you will treat it with some respect. There are too many college grads now that shouldn't be.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:19 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
Poor homes to get $10 cable broadband - Technology & science - Tech and gadgets - msnbc.com

Well, what if they don't have a car??? Are we going to subsidize car ownership?? Oh, and of course they need cable to stay informed!! Oh good grief Charlie Brown.....

this was done as part of allowing them to have a monopoly, since there is no competition for internet service in many areas of the country....
Old 11-10-2011, 05:31 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
this was done as part of allowing them to have a monopoly, since there is no competition for internet service in many areas of the country....
There's no competitive internet service here either, (in fact there ain't ANY), and I'm poor desert trash, will someone pay for my satelite internet?
Old 11-22-2011, 09:53 PM  

Isn't one of the OWS demands is a free college education for everyone?
Old 11-23-2011, 07:45 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Isn't one of the OWS demands is a free college education for everyone?
lame attack, sure some people are, just as some tea partiers want far far more insane things.....

a free college education program isn't a bad idea as long as it is towards a worthwhile degree, america will not stay ahead by having a poorly educated workforce.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:57 PM  

Houston, Texas
For those who choose to do so what's the problem? Whether it's an academic or technical degree it's giving people opportunities. Not like you're forcing people, just giving them an opportunity.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:10 AM  

Aren't a lot of the OWSers college grads? Do we want more of them?
Old 11-24-2011, 08:45 AM  

Houston, Texas
Sooooo, who makes the decision who goes to college, who doesn't and what they study. Sounds very, ohhh, what's the word I'm looking for? I know. Communistic.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!