Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: The post Gadhafi Lybia and US
US should BUTT OUT and fix HOME first 4 66.67%
US should help new government 1 16.67%
US should NOSE right in the middle like everthung else 0 0%
US should WAIT til asked by Lybians 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2011, 06:05 PM  
fustrated genius

Post gadhafi lybia

I think the US should have and should in the future BUTT OUT!! What say everybody else?

Old 08-21-2011, 06:36 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Thats a tough call, as we may need *some* presence to help maintain some of our interests.

Namely being not becoming a terrorist safehaven or another Somalia.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:03 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung View Post
Thats a tough call, as we may need *some* presence to help maintain some of our interests.

Namely being not becoming a terrorist safehaven or another Somalia.
this, granted yes the u.s. has intervened a lot and it often ends up being bad, but in this case we have a situation where the people wanted a change and therefore may be much more willing to allow a coalition of countries to help them in the transition into a democracy. As bad as meddling is another religious extremist country is far worse.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:53 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
U.S should butt out even if home didn't need fixing. However, we should keep a close eye on them.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:27 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I agree. I don't think the people of the US will support our rebuilding that country, given our other two rebuilding efforts are winding down. I wish we could, but I don't think it'll happen.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 08-24-2011, 03:05 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I agree. I don't think the people of the US will support our rebuilding that country, given our other two rebuilding efforts are winding down. I wish we could, but I don't think it'll happen.
2 things--

The Ambassador to Nato, Susan Rice, IIRC-said that the US is in the process of freeing some multiple billions of dollars that it had frozen from Libya.

That seems like a good start on getting the new government off the ground.

It was reported that US Special Ops have been working with the Libyan rebels for a long time and will probably/definitely be around as things begin to restructure.

Another commented that European countries with oil companies that have interests in Libyan oil will likely be motivated to offer assistance in that area.

It is beyond my comprehension to think that the US will not be involved in some way--whatever we should do.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:18 PM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
I think we need to worry about US. Worry about OUR problems.

How much money did we send to Haiti and they OPENLY hate us?
Old 08-24-2011, 03:44 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by addymiller

2 things--

The Ambassador to Nato, Susan Rice, IIRC-said that the US is in the process of freeing some multiple billions of dollars that it had frozen from Libya.

That seems like a good start on getting the new government off the ground.

It was reported that US Special Ops have been working with the Libyan rebels for a long time and will probably/definitely be around as things begin to restructure.

Another commented that European countries with oil companies that have interests in Libyan oil will likely be motivated to offer assistance in that area.

It is beyond my comprehension to think that the US will not be involved in some way--whatever we should do.
That money was stolen by Q from his people. It should go straight back to them, and they should decide what to do with it.

Additionally, I read a lot of news, and I haven't read, nor do I believe, that there are American ground forces there. Do you have a source for that report?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 08-24-2011, 10:05 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
I would wonder about the source of all the weapons and ammunition they have, that ammo is expensive and they are just firing it continuously in celebration, someone must be supplying them well.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:01 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
I would wonder about the source of all the weapons and ammunition they have, that ammo is expensive and they are just firing it continuously in celebration, someone must be supplying them well.
Good point, I wouldn't even fire my 22 wastefully into the air.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads