Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: The post Gadhafi Lybia and US
US should BUTT OUT and fix HOME first 4 66.67%
US should help new government 1 16.67%
US should NOSE right in the middle like everthung else 0 0%
US should WAIT til asked by Lybians 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2011, 06:24 AM  
Traveler

[QUOTE=Jake7;123321]That money was stolen by Q from his people. It should go straight back to them, and they should decide what to do with it.

Additionally, I read a lot of news, and I haven't read, nor do I believe, that there are American ground forces there. Do you have a source for that report?[/QUOTE]

Either CNN or Fox --I watched both. 'Ground forces'--they was a distinction made--'boots on the ground' how that may be different from 'Special Ops' I wouldn't be able to say.

I can't remember what was said that prompted me to mention the assets that the US has held and will release.

It is not going to be a simple process to set up a new government in Libya.

I heard yesterday that Italy, France and ? UK have been working with the Libyans and I assume that the US' role will be secondary---through NATO.

Someone on a talkshow stated that the new constitution specifies that Shahira? law will be the basis. After that---I don't know how the US could offer much advice/support.

I am certain there will be no shortage of fyi --some of it speculation.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:32 AM  
Traveler

UK: NATO forces helping rebels in hunt for Gadhafi ?| ajc.com

According to this article, NATO forces are assisting the rebels. Britain and France were said to have special forces working in Libya.

'No official word on the involvement of US forces...'
I would assume that there is some involvement.

To announce this publicly would jeopardize the mission, etc.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:28 AM  
fustrated genius

CNN just announced that the "Rebel Forces" now have Gadhafi and possibly some sons surrounded and trapped like a rat. We'll see what happens, maybe the goof ball will fall for that one again and stick his head up to say "No they don't neither!!" So undercover agents can follow them back to the hide out.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:03 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
CNN just announced that the "Rebel Forces" now have Gadhafi and possibly some sons surrounded and trapped like a rat. We'll see what happens, maybe the goof ball will fall for that one again and stick his head up to say "No they don't neither!!" So undercover agents can follow them back to the hide out.
This has been going on all AM. I will turn on a news channel.

Since the US is 'staying out' I don't know what this means for us, good--glad another dictator has been removed. No one seems to 'know' or have thoughts on what the official position will be. not unusual these days.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.