Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-21-2015, 12:24 PM  

Yup, we agree on something, all politicians lie. How else would either party get votes?

Someone stirred up a hornet's nest with the muslim question;
Quote:
Others piled on, demanding to know why Trump didn’t insist that Obama was both an American and a Christian. Likely Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton was inspired to personally use her Twitter account to say, “Donald Trump not denouncing false statements about POTUS & hateful rhetoric about Muslims is disturbing, & just plain wrong. Cut it out.”

But why is it so offensive to suggest that Obama is a Muslim? Has he ever spoken of the religion in anything but glowing terms? Was his father not a Muslim? Are there not pictures showing him in Muslim garb and participating in Muslim ceremonies? He claims to be a Christian, and perhaps he’s telling the truth, but there is a lot of evidence to suggest his sympathies lie elsewhere. Why should it be up to Donald Trump to “correct” the man when he has absolutely no way of knowing the truth? None of us do!

But according to the left, anyone who believes that he is a Muslim is wrong. Period. End of story. They are incorrect and misinformed. Offensive and racist.

But why, if Islam is this great religion of peace and love, would it be offensive to suggest that the president might belong to that religion? It should be a tremendous honor, right?

No, apparently it’s “disturbing.” Well, it is, Hillary, but not in the way you think.

- See more at: http://patriotnewsdaily.com/why-is-t....FOjzeMJl.dpuf

Old 09-21-2015, 10:00 PM  

Obama added more Obama phones than jobs in my area. There were some temprary "shovel ready" jobs that are long gone. Many employees have lost hours to avoid Obamacare penalties.

Obamacare has helped some who really needed it but has also helped those that are always looking for a handout rather than a hand up. Someone pays or the debt increases. I often harp on the debt situation but I do know the truth, it will never be paid. In fact it is so high it would be impossible to pay it off. Obama never addresses the debt jut the deficit. The debt is a way to mask the problem with fiat money.

In HS I was taught that the reason we were stable and that our currency was the world standard was that the paper was backed by gold. Nixon changed all that when he took us off the gold standard and sold the world on fiat money. Our national debt is in two parts public debt and intergovernmental debt. China owns about half the public debt and there is a bit of smoke and mirrors involved with the intergovernmental debt. The Fed prints the fiat money and loans it to the government. Interest rates are held artificially low and the Fed even returns part of its profit to the treasury. The danger with fiat money is that if printed too fast inflation occurs or worse confidence in the dollar is lost and inflation becomes rampant as the dollar dives. Players of the game incude the World Bank and the IMF and maybe groups such as the Bilderbergs. China wants its currency to become the world standard, guess what that might do to us.

Meanwhile much like catching wild pigs the government is getting more and more people into a role of being dependent unable to survive without the government handouts, jobs, healthcare and etc. I don't think the run of the mill politician even knows what's going on, or maybe he doesn't care as long as he feathers his own nest. We are far from being free but just blindly vote for more government handouts saying life is good.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:26 PM  
Traveler

Indeed! I know that Reagan, who at that time, drove up the national debt to the point where they were talking about 3rd and 4th generations would still be paying on it. The republicans attitude at that time was that it was just paper.

This country has been in debt since before it was even a country.

You know Eddie, I know that your so afraid of someone getting something for free. Well corporations have been getting tax dollars forever, and never had to pay it back. Us workers bear that cost. Add to that, the fact that corporations scarcely if ever, pay taxes (more free stuff on the backs of the working class) Heck Mitt Romney pays less taxes than his secretary. Some think that's cool, possibly yourself included I'm sure, but not me! If companies like Walmart and other large corporations paid an actual "living wage" then the government wouldn't need to subsidize peoples wages. Then, as if these super wealthy companies didn't have enough, they ship jobs overseas. Frankly, I don't blame anyone for not wanting to work these days. A person simply cannot make a living anymore. Even myself, I'm starting to look at going on welfare of sorts.

In the 1950s, a person could get a good paying job, with benefits retirement etc etc. The products were well made and lasted, the companies made a decent profit and CEO pay was closer tied to his workers wage. Now, it's made by minimum wage employees who get no benefits, no retirement, the product is absolute crap plastic that's designed to be thrown out, companies make billions and the CEO makes hundreds of time the wage of his workers. Like I say, eventually, capitalism is going to fail. It simply has to! Either communism will strike up again or utter chaos will come about. Look at how things fall apart anymore at the slightest thing.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:25 AM  

I found this interesting, its from https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Alexander_Fraser_Tytler;
Quote:
Misattributed[edit]
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy.
The earliest known attribution of this quote was December 9, 1951, in what appears to be an op-ed piece in The Daily Oklahoman under the byline Elmer T. Peterson, Elmer T. Peterson (9 December 1951). "This is the Hard Core of Freedom". Daily Oklahoman: p. 12A.. The quote has not been found in Tytler's work. It has also been attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville.
There are many variants circulating with various permutations of majority, voters, citizens, or public. Ronald Reagan is known to have used this in speeches, as reported in Loren Collins, "The Truth About Tytler":
Other variants:
The American Republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
The historical cycle seems to be: From the Wife to bondage; from bondage to to spiritual faith; from spiritual faith to courage; from courage to liberty; from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness; from selfishness to apathy, from apathy to dependency; and from dependency back to bondage; and from bondage to control of the Wife once more.
This quotation was actually by Henning Webb Prentis, president of the Armstrong Cork Company and former president of the National Association of Manufacturers, in a February 1943 address entitled "The Cult of Competency" delivered at a Mid-Year Convocation of the General Alumni Society of the University of Pennsylvania (The General Magazine and Historical Chronicle, Vol. XLV, Numb. III, April 1943, pp. 272-73).
This quotation sometimes appears joined with the above one, most notably as part of a longer piece which began circulating on the Internet shortly after the 2000 U.S. Presidential Election ("The Fall of the Athenian Republic," Urban Legends Reference Pages):
A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.
The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:
From control of the Wife into bondage.
From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage.
From bondage back into the control of the Wife.
Despite his wording specifically indicating that women are the source of all problems, to this day no other evidence can be found which more clearly underlines the truth in the proposed sequence.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:11 AM  
Traveler

I liked this:

"You are horrified at our intending to do away with private property. But in your existing society, private property is already done away with for nine-tenths of the population; its existence for the few is solely due to its non-existence in the hands of those nine-tenths." (From "The Communist Manifesto," 1848)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.