Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-08-2013, 03:42 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
Proposed California Gun Legislation

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...atory-license/

Old 02-08-2013, 10:14 PM  
100% Gun Nut

Evansville, IN
I'm glad I live in Indiana after reading this.
The thing is it is titled "The Truth About Guns" & it is nothing about the truth.
In my opinion there is no reason to live in a state like that, everyone in Cal. needs to move out & let the rest of the state go broke.
Sen. Steinberg said that the guns used in Sandy Hook were legally purchased, but they were not they were stolen from the guns owner after shooting her.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:00 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner12 View Post
I'm glad I live in Indiana after reading this.
The thing is it is titled "The Truth About Guns" & it is nothing about the truth.
In my opinion there is no reason to live in a state like that, everyone in Cal. needs to move out & let the rest of the state go broke.
California has 53 Congressional districts. 53 representatives with the authority to vote on legislation that will have binding effect on you and me. And you want gun owners to retreat from California?

How about New York? Should we concede their 29 Congressional districts to anti-gunners?

How about the 19 Congressional districts of Illinois?

What we need to do is send our support there. Those of us in solidly pro-gun states need to support those who are on the front lines of the battle. It's not enough anymore to simply join the NRA and expect them to do everything for us. The NRA is simply ineffective in California, New York, Illinois, and the few other rigidly anti-gun states. They don't have the tools or the talents to successfully operate in these states. The NRA's heavy Republican position makes it easy for them to be ignored in these Democratic states.

We need to lend our support to our brethren. We need to take the fight to our enemies, fight them on their ground so we don't have to fight them here at home.

What we need to support are pro-gun organizations that can successfully operate in these states. Organizations that can make a Democratic pro-gun argument to Democrats in these states.

Join the Firearms Policy Coalition. This is a fairly new organization currently comprised of 2 respected national level organizations (Second Amendment Foundation and Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms) and 8 state-level organizations.

You can join FPC and one of its member organizations for just $15. If you join only one, I recommend SAF. If you've got $50 to put towards gun rights, I'd suggest joining SAF and CCRKBA ($30) and donating $4 each to CalGuns, Comm2A, HDF, IC, and NJ2AS.

I would also recommend donate to NYRSPA, the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association.

Quote:
Sen. Steinberg said that the guns used in Sandy Hook were legally purchased, but they were not they were stolen from the guns owner after shooting her.
Damn straight.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:32 AM  

Even though I am an independent voter, abortion and gun control are two issues that have me voting republican.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:01 AM  

Not California but . . .
Proposed California Gun Legislation-190690_465436573513979_782887359_n.jpg 

Old 02-09-2013, 01:34 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner12 View Post
no dont move, as they are moving to Colorado and now trying to screw up this state.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:08 AM  

Some liberals (my biased opinion) from the city bought some acreage in my area and proceeded to raise some sheep. They failed to add a donkey or a llama to protect the sheep and stray dogs (collarless and semi-feral) began to kill sheep. They killed a few dogs and the humane society fined them $10 for each dog killed ( I don?t know why they involved the humane society). Then they brought it before the county commissioners a who had an open meeting for discussion. The outcome was that public opinion was ignored and a county wide dog registration (revenue?) and leash law was invoked. I asked the chairman of the board of commissioners how its action was going to benefit the sheep, his reply, ?We had to do something?. I see a similarity between the board?s act of frustration and the current gun control frenzy.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads