Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2011, 11:04 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung View Post
I agree Jake, and I also agree that this is a bit of a stretch of a comparison between the two, but there are similarities and 'oppression' of sorts amongst the frustrated.

The Occupy folks have caused plenty of damage, but then again the people they are protesting against have caused a bit more damage - but theirs doesnt leave any 'discernible marks' like those 'less fortunate' (If you would)

(EDIT) And please dont think I feel sorry for ALL of the occupy people - you do stupid **** - you go to jail. Dont torture me in the process please
they were protesting...... pretty much any protest breaks some local law/rule (or will after an amount of time), that is why we have that guaranteed to us in an amendment, so that we can protest without fear of some local mayor making a rule to stop it. The core protestors haven't done much damage, yes some fringe people have, but that would be like me labeling all catholics pedophiles since some of their clergy molested boys, but would you consider that fair? it is the same type of comparison.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:22 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
How do you differentiate between 'core' protesters and 'fringe' protesters? Or did you just make that up?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-27-2011, 03:41 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
How do you differentiate between 'core' protesters and 'fringe' protesters? Or did you just make that up?
same way it works with the tea party.....
unless you agree they are a bunch of christian "sharia" law who want poverty for the masses and wealth for the few...... ok bad example, they are a large portion of the group there.... but how does anyone? but considering most ows events are peaceful where the biggest law broken is "illegal camping" I think you are trying to paint with too wide a brush there.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:47 PM  

Red, I believe you have consumed more than your share of kool aid!

PS, did you mail me the check yet? My teeth are really hurting!
Old 11-27-2011, 04:03 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Red, I believe you have consumed more than your share of kool aid!

PS, did you mail me the check yet? My teeth are really hurting!
I could say the same about you........

with income disparity growing over the past decades during a heavy overall trend of following "trickle-down"/ "help the rich and everyone will be helped" ideology it seems amazing that so many people are still saying "let's double down" (again) ....... maybe it will work this time, somehow..... so before you talk about me drinking the kool aid take a look in the mirror, we are a country headed for social unrest, we have worse disparity then we had during the "robber-baron" era, and a climate of expanding anti-consumer, anti-average person policies.

when would you throw in the towel and say the republican trickle down economics are failing?, how much wider of a gap would get you to agree? we sure haven't raised taxes on the rich in a long time and over the last few decades have dropped them tremendously, so it is hard to argue we have not been following that path.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:04 PM  

The occupiers are costing the taxpayers that they hope to convince about something they can't define.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!