Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2011, 04:40 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
public area smoking ban

question is based on this article
NYC outdoor smoking extinguished from May 23 | Reuters

is a public smoking ban (including beaches/parks/sidewalks/etc) a violation of an individuals right to freedom or justifiable from a public health perspective......

IF you said a restriction of freedom then I would like to see your thoughts on this comparison.....

smoking often results in litter, is bad for the user and anyone who is close enough for second hand smoke (yes even outdoors as not all of the country is rural lands of emptiness) and is an annoyance to those that don't smoke

basic public nudity has no bad health effects and in fact many people need more vitamin D but is just an annoyance to those that don't want to see it

so are you people against the smoking ban for both freedoms? just one? why?

Old 02-25-2011, 12:25 PM  

Austin
The way I see it, smoke where you want to smoke, people don't have to visit smoking establishments. I feel ultimately it should be left to the business to make that decision.

Same with the state, if you don't want smokers on your public beaches and what not, vote.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:52 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funetical View Post
The way I see it, smoke where you want to smoke, people don't have to visit smoking establishments. I feel ultimately it should be left to the business to make that decision.

Same with the state, if you don't want smokers on your public beaches and what not, vote.
I agree with this. Up to the business.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:45 AM  

Bellevue, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post

is a public driving ban (including beaches/parks/sidewalks/etc) a violation of an individuals right to freedom or justifiable from a public health perspective......

IF you said a restriction of freedom then I would like to see your thoughts on this comparison.....

Driving an automobile often results in litter, is bad for the user and anyone who is close enough for second hand exhaust (yes even outdoors as not all of the country is rural lands of emptiness) and is an annoyance to those that don't breath carbon monoxide

basic public nudity has no bad health effects and in fact many people need more vitamin D but is just an annoyance to those that don't want to see it

so are you people against the driving ban for both freedoms? just one? why?
I'm all for public nudity and smoking in public.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:44 PM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
I'm anti pro smoking.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:59 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch Killa View Post
I'm all for public nudity and smoking in public.
I second that emotion.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!