Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2011, 02:16 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
That was quick.

New polls show Obama's approval rating down to what it was before the the killing of Osama. Even I thought it'd last longer than that...

Now I know, let the hailstorm begin. However, my bigger question is, why do you guys think that the American people's gaze shifted so quickly from the positive aspect of taking out a huge figurehead, right back to all the negatives?

I'd love to keep this as non-politically motivated as possible, and more about the outlook of American people today.

Also, I politely request no copy-and-paste news stories. I'd just like opinions please.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 06-09-2011, 04:46 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
I think it might be because several presidents before him were looking for Osama. Now that hes gone and we have one less thing to focus on, its back to reality.

It only takes 1 mess up to totally invalidate 20 atta-boys.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:35 AM  
fustrated genius

Also, Obama came in strong with talk about change enough to where people were believing it. I think that we are sick and tired of these guys running their own agendas while we pay for it all and yet less and less is done here at home about jobs leaving the country. Basically, outside of TWO things, the somalia pirate incident he ok'd, and the Osama Bin Laden thing he ok'd, he hasn't done ANYTHING I would want.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:11 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
So you think just in general the search dragged on too long, so that made some of the passion dissipate?

Old 06-09-2011, 12:26 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
I think it is ALL about the economy as a whole, people (in general) have forgotten about 911, a decade is a long time for people to really care about anything. The problem the unregulated/poorly regulated banking industry got us into were enormous and the time required to get over all of our partying is huge. Much of the gain over the past decade prior to the recession was done entirely by credit since we didn't have any real growth to pay for it. Plus with the ending of much of the stimulus programs we are starting to see the effect from that as well.

People are swallowing the tea partiers demanding serious cutbacks in the government during a recession, these will have a toll on the economy as it is a very inappropriate time to scale back government, ideally that should happen during a boom when an economy can absorb the job losses, but no one cared then, certainly not the republicans who voted what 7? times to raise the debt limit. And now they want cutbacks of the few reliable jobs there are.....

Whether Obama gets re-elected will hinge entirely on how well the economy is doing by that point (unless someone absurd like sarah palin, trump or bachman runs of course)
Old 06-09-2011, 04:39 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
Whether Obama gets re-elected will hinge entirely on how well the economy is doing by that point (unless someone absurd like sarah palin, trump or bachman runs of course)
Amazingly any of the three has more experience than obama. That is, unless one might accept the past couple of years of failed policy as experience.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:57 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Amazingly any of the three has more experience than obama. That is, unless one might accept the past couple of years of failed policy as experience.
are you crazy? especially for palin? do you even know her and barack's credentials, if you looked at past experience alone for the position of president it would not even be a comparison, Obama would win hands down. Criticize people on valid points, that is fair, but to claim someone who is inexperienced as palin as being comparable to Obama is just absurd.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:10 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Can we try and keep this away from political partisanship please.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:20 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Please itemize the experience of these three illustrious candidates for the Presidency.

Was mayor of Wasilla more useful than The Apprentice? Do you get your political acumen off boxes of crackerjacks?
Old 06-09-2011, 08:27 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
And that's that. Can't follow a simple request.

Closed Thread

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!