Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-14-2012, 08:12 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quick question or two for those in favor of gay scoutleaders

I just had a few thoughts and wanted to put them out there.... I for one wouldn't feel comfortable sending my small son out to do boyscout things knowing there were gay scoutleaders any more than I would want to send my young daughter out with straight male scoutleaders.... That being said:

For those of you that wouldn't mind the first scenario... What if ALL the scoutleaders were gay? Would that be okay? If so, I don't know what to tell you... If not, then what if it were half of them? One quarter? I guess that I am mostly thinking out loud but the folks that think it should be "okay" should either explain why they think it would be okay to send their young son out with an all gay scout troop, and if it isn't okay then why it IS okay to send them with one? I will probably get bashed but that's okay.... Just throwing it out there..

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 08-14-2012, 07:18 PM  
American

Homosexuals have a sexually dysfunctional mental illness. That is an in-disputable, obvious fact, to anyone who values the truth more then being politically correct.

I know it was found not to be a mental illness by some people ( I don't refer to them as doctors or scientists for good reason) but that was an attempt to mainstream them and had nothing to do with science.

A man that is attracted to males will never be alone with a son or grandson of mine. I would gladly spend the rest of my life in prison to avoid that if I had no other choice.

Answer your question?

Old 08-14-2012, 09:43 PM  

I myself have a few gay friends and never once believed they were going to hump my leg or make a move on me. Regarding mental illnesses, one only has to look in the mirror to see such an acute case.

Not to get into a pissing contest with anyone, but I have always lived with the philosophy, "Different strokes for different folks."
Old 08-14-2012, 10:49 PM  
American

Then you are an enabler and you do them no favor. It's a waste of time BS'ing about it. What should be done is looking to cure it. They have the highest rate of suicide of any group of people. They hate themselves and have the false hope that by forcing society to accept them ...they will be able to accept themselves. It's a cruel joke and it is not funny.
As for this from you"Regarding mental illnesses, one only has to look in the mirror to see such an acute case. "
Your a fool. You suffer from no mental illness...you just have allowed yourself to be blinded by thinking you are somehow better than others because you are politically correct...thinking like this is what's killing this country.

Look at some facts for a change.

And you know what.....
Some of us still care about right and wrong.

Population of the USA just under 312 Mil.
Gay population 9 Mil.(williams institute) 4 Mil. Huffington post Best estimates between 1.8% to 3,8%
15 Mil. new cases of STD's a year.In the USA of the total population.
Now read this link from the center for disease control:

HIV among Gay and Bisexual Men | Topics | CDC HIV/AIDS
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/msm/

The 1972 Gay Rights agenda,notice #7 in the States level.

The 1972 Gay Rights Platform
Platform created at the National Coalition of Gay Organizations Convention held in Chicago in 1972

FEDERAL LEVEL:
1. Amend all federal Civil Rights Acts, other legislation and government controls to prohibit discrimination in employment, housing, public accommodations and public services.

2. Issuance by the President of an executive order prohibiting the military from excluding for reasons of their sexual orientation, persons who of their own volition desire entrance into the Armed Services; and from issuing less-than-fully-honorable discharges for homosexuality; and the upgrading to fully honorable all such discharges previously issued, with retroactive benefits.

3. Issuance by the President of an executive order prohibiting discrimination in the federal civil service because of sexual orientation, in hiring and promoting; and prohibiting discrimination's against homosexuals in security clearances.

4. Elimination of tax inequities victimizing single persons and same-sex couples.

5. Elimination of bars to the entry, immigration and naturalization of homosexual aliens.

6. Federal encouragement and support for sex education courses, prepared and taught by gay women and men, presenting homosexuality as a valid, healthy preference and lifestyle as a viable alternative to heterosexuality.

7. Appropriate executive orders, regulations and legislation banning the compiling, maintenance and dissemination of information on an individual's sexual preferences, behavior, and social and political activities for dossiers and data banks.

8. Federal funding of aid programs of gay men's and women's organizations designed to alleviate the problems encountered by Gay women and men which are engendered by an oppressive sexist society.

9. Immediate release of all Gay women and men now incarcerated in detention centers, prisons and mental institutions because of sexual offense charges relating to victimless crimes or sexual orientation; and that adequate compensation be made for the physical and mental duress encountered; and that all existing records relating to the incarceration be immediately expunged.

STATE LEVEL:

1. All federal legislation and programs enumerated in Demands 1, 6, 7, 8, and 9 above should be implemented at the State level where applicable.

2. Repeal of all state laws prohibiting private sexual acts involving consenting persons; equalization for homosexuals and heterosexuals for the enforcement of all laws.

3. Repeal all state laws prohibiting solicitation for private voluntary sexual liaisons; and laws prohibiting prostitution, both male and female.

4. Enactment of legislation prohibiting insurance companies and any other state-regulated enterprises from discriminating because of sexual orientation, in insurance and in bonding or any other prerequisite to employment or control of one's personal demesne.

5. Enactment of legislation so that child custody, adoption, visitation rights, foster parenting, and the like shall not be denied because of sexual orientation or marital status.

6. Repeal of all state laws prohibiting transvestism and cross-dressing.

7. Repeal of all laws governing the age of sexual consent.

8. Repeal of all legislative provisions that restrict the sex or number of persons entering into a marriage unit; and the extension of legal benefits to all persons who cohabit regardless of sex or numbers.

Notice under #2 that it does not say consenting adults,but consenting persons,#2 and#7 should be enough to show you exactly where the Gay agenda was in 1972.

More information you need to know.
http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/hiv...67_22773.shtml

Now I suppose you will ban me for calling you a fool...all I can say is if you don't like being called a fool...quit being one. Use your brain some instead of just thinking what makes you feel superior because you are not. You have a little bit of power as a mod...I am sure you will abuse it.
Good Day.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:43 PM  

Kent, Ohio
YelloJeep, do you have recent experience in scouting? I ask because I was a scout, a lifeguard, and an adult leader. My experiences started in the mid 80's and continued through 1999.

BSA regulations explicitly prohibit private, one-on-one interactions between scouts and adults to whom the scout is not related. A minimum of two adults are required to be present at all scout functions. Adult and youth sleeping quarters were required to be separate. Adult and youth changing facilities were required to be separate. I was 17-years-old when I was a BSA lifeguard, and as the only "youth staff" assigned to the camp pool, I was the only staff member allowed to enter the youth changing and shower areas while youths were dressing. (And then, only if there was a problem, usually horseplay)

Going back to your basic question, it seems you're conflating "homosexual" and "pedophile". You suggest that you wouldn't send your daughter out with a random heterosexual male. Neither would I.

Am I a bad person for leaving my daughter for a couple nights in the care of my heterosexual brother?

I wouldn't let my son go camping with any random adult, male or female, gay or straight, without at least one other trusted adult in attendance. If a person is willing to send their son on a camping trip and all they know about the adult leaders is "They're straight", that parent is a complete **** up.

There's nothing about a person's sexual orientation that renders them trustworthy or not trustworthy around kids. You're apparently a straight, adult male. If I left my underage daughters for you and your friend to care for a week, are you going to molest them? Why shouldn't I trust a gay sibling to care for my son? A gay friend? A gay friend who happens to be a scoutmaster?

As for the percentage of homosexuals in a troop, what does it matter? If I know all the leaders and trust most of them, or I'm going to be attending the trip myself, what does it matter? If I didn't know or trust them, why the hell would I leave them alone with my son?
Old 08-15-2012, 12:52 PM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
YelloJeep, do you have recent experience in scouting?
I do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;142483
BSA regulations explicitly prohibit private, one-on-one interactions between scouts and adults to whom the scout is not related. A minimum of two adults are required to be present at all scout functions. Adult and youth sleeping quarters were required to be separate. Adult and youth changing facilities were required to be separate. I was 17-years-old when I was a BSA lifeguard, and as the only "youth staff" assigned to the camp pool, I was the only staff member allowed to enter the youth changing and shower areas while youths were dressing. (And then, only if there was a problem, usually horseplay)

Going back to your basic question, it seems you're conflating "homosexual" and "pedophile". You suggest that you wouldn't send your daughter out with a random heterosexual male. Neither would I.

Am I a bad person for leaving my daughter for a couple nights in the care of my heterosexual brother?

I wouldn't let my son go camping with any random adult, male or female, gay or straight, without at least one other trusted adult in attendance. If a person is willing to send their son on a camping trip and all they know about the adult leaders is "They're straight", that parent is a complete **** up.

There's nothing about a person's sexual orientation that renders them trustworthy or not trustworthy around kids. You're apparently a straight, adult male. If I left my underage daughters for you and your friend to care for a week, are you going to molest them? Why shouldn't I trust a gay sibling to care for my son? A gay friend? A gay friend who happens to be a scoutmaster?

As for the percentage of homosexuals in a troop, what does it matter? If I know all the leaders and trust most of them, or I'm going to be attending the trip myself, what does it matter? If I didn't know or trust them, why the hell would I leave them alone with my son?
I cannot say that I disagree with anything that you said there. The fact of the matter for me is that I think it is a bad idea. I don't like the idea of that lifestyle being presented as normal to my kids. Because it isn't. Man wasn't designed that way and that is quite clear.
Also, there is a reason that they don't have male scoutleaders over female troops. If I am mistaken then by all means enlighten me.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:31 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
Now I suppose you will ban me for calling you a fool...all I can say is if you don't like being called a fool...quit being one. Use your brain some instead of just thinking what makes you feel superior because you are not. You have a little bit of power as a mod...I am sure you will abuse it.
Good Day.
I've never known Havasu to ban anyone for having and sharing an opinion. I've known a number of egotistical pricks in my lifetime - Havasu is certainly not among them. I've never seen him use or abuse his authority as a moderator to support his own positions.

I disagree with Havasu on MANY points. We hold significantly different political and philosophical positions. We've come down on opposite sides of several fairly contentious positions. I think we disagree on much more than we agree, and I've never gotten the impression that he treats people unfairly because they hold different opinions. Havasu has done nothing to deserve the abuse you've dished out.

Havasu has proven himself to be an intelligent, honorable, and respectful individual, and I'll have words with anyone who says otherwise.

If you want to argue that homosexuality is mental dysfunction, go ahead and make your case, and we can argue it.

You want to argue that Havasu is an abusive ******* and I'm just one of his stooges, go ahead and make your case. But until you present even a tiny sliver of evidence to support it, you're only acting out of malice.

leadarrows, you owe Havasu an apology, and you need to reform your behavior.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:35 PM  

Greenville, SC
Yeah, Havasu has always been pretty laid back to me too...

Old 08-15-2012, 01:58 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
I cannot say that I disagree with anything that you said there. The fact of the matter for me is that I think it is a bad idea. I don't like the idea of that lifestyle being presented as normal to my kids. Because it isn't. Man wasn't designed that way and that is quite clear.
You don't want your kids exposed to it as a "normal" lifestyle. That is your prerogative, and I won't argue against it. That is a perfectly valid opinion, and well within your rights as a parent. Personally, I think the idea of me having sex with another male is abnormal and disgusting. If a man (or even a particularly masculine woman) started hitting on me, I would be repulsed.
Quote:

Also, there is a reason that they don't have male scoutleaders over female troops. If I am mistaken then by all means enlighten me.
I'm not quite as knowledgeable with the Girl Scouts, but I do know that men can be in leadership positions, just as women can be leaders in the Boy Scouts.

http://gsctx.blogspot.com/2011/06/da...couts-too.html

I know the Girl Scouts have similar restrictions against one-on-one contact between adults and youths. Such restrictions are intended to prevent even the appearance of all sorts of impropriety: physical and emotional abuse as well as sexual.

I have no doubt that a dad who volunteers to work with young girls will be looked on with a fair bit of suspicion, but should he be prohibited from volunteering to help out his daughter's scout troop? Should a gay man be prohibited from working with his son's troop? We had a lot of moms show up at scout meetings and camps, and I learned quite a few skills from women.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:13 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
I am a 64 year old straight male (married 30 years) . I have raised 7 kids and have 14 grandkids and one great grandchild. I was, at one time, an assistant girl scout leader. I see nothing wrong with that.
Most of the parents worked Saturdays and scout rules require 2 adults to go on field trips. If I had not gone, the girls would have missed out on puppet shows, major league baseball games, pro soccer games etc.
So, some people think it's wrong for me to help chaperone young girls?
Please explain why that is wrong.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.