Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-17-2012, 01:16 PM  
American

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Here's yet another thing we disagree on.

While I do see a strong majority of heterosexuality, I don't see a majority of anti-homosexuality. Maybe a decade ago, but not today. But I digress.

Leadarrows, blaming all homosexuals for the actions of one bisexual individual allegedly fornicating with an ape and spreading aids is about as senseless as blaming all heterosexuals for the same act. (He was bisexual, right? Why give his heterosexual conduct a pass?)

By all means, point at the bestiality. But do we hold all heterosexuals accountable when a man diddles a young girl? Of course not. We blame the man. Why would we blame anyone else? But when it comes to homosexuality, we point the blame for all wickedness on all members of the class, even those monogamous members who have done nothing to anyone other than their consenting partner? No. That's a load of horse crap.
You miss the point. I don't blame hetero or homo..per say...I blame sex drive mental dysfunction. I blame the mental illness. Your right about one thing. Even though all gays have it...some hetero's do as well. No crap.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:21 PM  
American

Quote:
What compelling interest does the public have in regulating the interactions between consenting adults? On any issue other than sexuality, the conservative answer is "None". The public has no interest in the private affairs of individuals. Is there any difference when we start talking about sexual relations? Why?

We tolerate certain public displays of affection. We tolerate hugging and handholding and certain kissing. We tolerate the spouse of a returning soldier running across the airport terminal, jumping on her husband or boyfriend, and engaging in a deep, passionate kiss. We do this, even though our more puritanical brethren find such conduct wildly offensive.

As far as marriage and civil rights, "This is the way we've always done it" does not imply that this way is actually fair or justified under our constitution. It just means it's the way it's always been done. Today, in several states, heterosexual couples receive numerous privileges that are not afforded to single people, non-married couples, and homosexual spouses. Why? Why does this specific class of people deserve this set of privileges, to the exclusion of all others?

We have a fundamental, inalienable, individual right to pursue happiness. For the public to interfere with that right, they need a clear, compelling reason that is justified within the powers granted by the constitution, and not prohibited by the restrictions ("Bill of Rights") of that constitution.

What interest does the public have in granting certain privileges to married heterosexual individuals that it does not offer to others? To make things fair, we could remove all the privileges in question, or we could extend them in a manner justified by the powers of the constitution and not restricted by that same constitution.

On another note, here's three photos:

Let's remember that the last four people in these photos are in committed relationships, and all four have consented to the interactions depicted. What is it about these four people that is so offensive?

If you read the backstory on the first photo, you'll discover that the sailor was accosting a number of women while walking down this street. He'd grab and forcefully kiss ladies he didn't know and had never met. For me, the "most offensive" photo in this panel is actually the famous VJ-day photo, as it depicts what would - and should - be considered a minor assault today.

If those last 2 pictures don't make you want to puke you have serious issues.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:25 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
You miss the point. I don't blame hetero or homo..per say...I blame sex drive mental dysfunction. I blame the mental illness. Your right about one thing. Even though all gays have it...some hetero's do as well. No crap.
So, even though two people in a committed relationship do no harm to anyone, they are dysfunctional?

You've made no distinction between harmful and harmless behavior. Why not? Why do you choose to vilify people who have caused no harm to anyone whatsoever, by lumping them in with dirty monkey ****ers and pedophiles?
Old 08-17-2012, 01:30 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
If those last 2 pictures don't make you want to puke you have serious issues.
So you're perfectly OK with sailors assaulting women, using their greater strength to force these women to kiss them, in broad daylight on a public street, but it makes you "want to puke" when those other folks choose to kiss eachother? Look at that first sailor's arm: he's got that nurse trapped, he's holding her head, and he's forcing her to do something against her will - but the other 4 subjects in these photographs are the ones who disgust you?

Again, the thought of ME passionately kissing another man disgusts me. I'm not attracted to men. The thought of ME passionately kissing a 90-year-old women disgusts me. I'm not attracted to women old enough to be my parent's mothers. But why should it disgust me for a man to kiss his wife of 70 years? Why should it disgust me to witness a man kissing his boyfriend after he steps off the plane coming home from war?
Old 08-17-2012, 01:46 PM  
American

Quote:
So, even though two people in a committed relationship do no harm to anyone, they are dysfunctional?

You've made no distinction between harmful and harmless behavior. Why not? Why do you choose to vilify people who have caused no harm to anyone whatsoever, by lumping them in with dirty monkey ****ers and pedophiles?

Gay and bisexual men are more severely affected by HIV than any other group in the United States (US).
Among all gay and bisexual men, blacks/African Americans bear the greatest disproportionate burden of HIV.
From 2006 to 2009, HIV infections among young black/African American gay and bisexual men increased 48%.

Sexual risk behaviors account for most HIV infections. Unprotected receptive anal sex is the sexual behavior that carries the highest risk for HIV acquisition.

Recent studies show homosexuals have a substantially greater risk of suffering from a psychiatric problems than do heterosexuals. We see higher rates of suicide, depression, bulimia, antisocial personality disorder, and substance abuse.

It is harmful. If the truth matters to you.

I lump them in with other people who have a sexually dysfunctional mental disorder because even though the disorder manifests itself differently it is still a disorder.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:50 PM  
American

Quote:
So you're perfectly OK with sailors assaulting women, using their greater strength to force these women to kiss them, in broad daylight on a public street, but it makes you "want to puke" when those other folks choose to kiss eachother? Look at that first sailor's arm: he's got that nurse trapped, he's holding her head, and he's forcing her to do something against her will - but the other 4 subjects in these photographs are the ones who disgust you?

Again, the thought of ME passionately kissing another man disgusts me. I'm not attracted to men. The thought of ME passionately kissing a 90-year-old women disgusts me. I'm not attracted to women old enough to be my parent's mothers. But why should it disgust me for a man to kiss his wife of 70 years? Why should it disgust me to witness a man kissing his boyfriend after he steps off the plane coming home from war?
This thread is about gays. If you want to talk about assaults and old women start another thread. Liberals and there distraction tactics wont work on me.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:10 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:

Address this.

Everything you've previously addressed has been communicable disease, or directly attributable to the trauma of being victimized and vilified in the manner you have exemplified.

Furthermore, citation needed on every statistical claim you've made. I have yet to discover such statistical data. Ultimately, it will be irrelevant as what we're talking about is harmful BEHAVIOR. If an HIV-negative individual chooses to have sex with an HIV positive individual, we can't call that behavior harmful: it is the individual's choice to engage in that activity, and they bear all risk for having done so.

An gay, HIV positive scoutmaster isn't going to harm a scout unless he is also a pedophile. But he need not be "gay" to be a "pedophile", so why are we even concerned with his sexual orientation?
Old 08-17-2012, 02:19 PM  
American

They are dysfunctional because they have a sexual mental misdirection. Normal males are attracted to females as normal women are attracted to men. Pretty basic biology.

Vil?i?fy/ˈviləˌfī/
Verb:
Speak or write about in an abusively disparaging manner.
Synonyms:
slander - defame - traduce - malign - calumniate

So speaking simple truth is slander now? BS. You just don't give a zhit about the truth because it does not fit in your fantasy world.

I did address the harm. You just don't care to know the truth.

I feel sorry for gays...they are sick and need help...not told there OK and never given treatment or even having anyone looking for a cure. You just want them to suffer forever. Shame on you.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:22 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
This thread is about gays. If you want to talk about assaults and old women start another thread. Liberals and there distraction tactics wont work on me.
You opened the door when you said I should be disgusted. Homosexuality in others does not disgust me, nor should it. You implied that homosexual behavior was more disgusting than certain types of heterosexual assault. I want you to justify that. Why is it more disgusting to you for two men in love to kiss than it is for a man to physically force a women to kiss him?
Old 08-17-2012, 02:28 PM  

I would like to pose just one quick question to you, leadarrows.

As I have said, you have the right to believe what you want to believe, but what would happen if your son or daughter told you they were gay? Would you spew this hatred to them as well? Would you disown them? Would they be classified as sexual dysfunctional mental disorders?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.