Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 08-17-2012, 03:48 PM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
They are dysfunctional because they have a sexual mental misdirection. Normal males are attracted to females as normal women are attracted to men. Pretty basic biology.


Vil?i?fy/ˈviləˌfī/
Verb:
Speak or write about in an abusively disparaging manner.
Synonyms:
slander - defame - traduce - malign - calumniate



So speaking simple truth is slander now? BS. You just don't give a zhit about the truth because it does not fit in your fantasy world.

I did address the harm. You just don't care to know the truth.

I feel sorry for gays...they are sick and need help...not told there OK and never given treatment or even having anyone looking for a cure. You just want them to suffer forever. Shame on you.
With your definition of dysfunction, asexual people are dysfunctional. Anyone who doesn't wish to procreate is dysfunctional. Masturbation is dysfunctional. These things - as well as homosexual activity - are quite common throughout the animal kingdom. They cause no direct harm to the individual organisms. At most, you could say that they decrease chances for procreation.

One need not be sexually active in any way to be socially functional. One need not ever masturbate to function in society, nor does masturbation render one socially dysfunctional. One need not ever take a heterosexual mate, or one can mate with multiple consensual heterosexual partners and remain socially functional. One who attempts to mate with a non-consensual heterosexual partner is socially dysfunctional.

What is it about homosexual activity between consenting individuals that leads you to consider them dysfunctional? Do they have the right to perform these activities? Do you have the right to interfere with them?
__________________

__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:57 PM  
American
 
leadarrows's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 251 | Kudos: +61
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I would like to pose just one quick question to you, leadarrows.

As I have said, you have the right to believe what you want to believe, but what would happen if your son or daughter told you they were gay? Would you spew this hatred to them as well? Would you disown them? Would they be classified as sexual dysfunctional mental disorders?
You are not correct to classify the simple truth as hate. That is a fact-less based attempt to make the truth look bad. It will not work on me anymore then the fabricated unscientific term homophobia does.

If my son or daughter were gay it would still be a sexually dysfunction. Why would being my son or daughter change it? That's just silly.

I would hope we find a cure so they do not have to suffer like most gays do. I posted some of the effects. Can you read? Can you understand what you read?

A good general rule of thumb is that suicide attempts are about three times higher for homosexuals. Do you care about this or is saying zhit that makes you feel good more important to you?

My brother is bisexual....I don't hate him for that...I hate him for raping my sisters 2 girls...given the chance I will kill him...provided I can do it with out going to jail...he ant worth that.

I have mentioned you all have no idea what I know or why. From what I am reading from you ...you don't know zhit...and you don't give a zhit.
You just want to feel self righteous...I suggest you get over yourselves and seek the truth...the truth will set not just you free...but the rest of us can be spared your BS.
__________________

__________________
Life's A HOOT!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:02 PM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I would like to pose just one quick question to you, leadarrows.

As I have said, you have the right to believe what you want to believe, but what would happen if your son or daughter told you they were gay? Would you spew this hatred to them as well? Would you disown them? Would they be classified as sexual dysfunctional mental disorders?
On this note: Leadarrows, you've suggested (but not cited a source) a correlation between homosexuality and psychological issues and suicide. Correlation, of course, does not imply causation. How would a child with homosexual tendencies react to the type of hatred and vilification that havasu is referring to? Being told constantly that people with feelings like his are bad bad, or broken, or undesirable in some way can very easily lead to low self-esteem, depression and suicide.

If you can produce stats that actually do indicate increased risk of suicide, I think you'll also find that this risk is decreasing and the decrease is correlated with the greater acceptance of homosexual preference in society at large.
__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:19 PM  
American
 
leadarrows's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 251 | Kudos: +61
Concerning mental health and homosexuality, studies have long indicated that homosexuals have a substantially greater risk of suffering from a psychiatric problems (suicide, depression, bulimia, antisocial personality disorder, and substance abuse).
For example, a national survey of female homosexuals was published in the Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology which found that 75 percent of the approximate 2,000 respondents had pursued psychological counseling of some type, many for treatment of long-term depression or sadness.

In contrast to claims by gay rights activists blaming this heightened incidence of mental issues on discrimination, John R. Diggs, M.D. states the following regarding homosexuality and health:
“ An extensive study in the Netherlands undermines the assumption that homophobia is the cause of increased psychiatric illness among gays and lesbians. The Dutch have been considerably more accepting of same-sex relationships than other Western countries — in fact, same-sex couples now have the legal right to marry in the Netherlands. So a high rate of psychiatric disease associated with homosexual behavior in the Netherlands means that the psychiatric disease cannot so easily be attributed to social rejection and homophobia”

In addition, the late Harold I. Lief, who was a leading a leading sex therapist who was an early defender of having medical schools put greater emphasis on sex education in training doctors, conducted a 1977 survey of members of the American Psychiatric Association and 73% of the psychiatrists responding said that they thought that homosexual men are less happy than others. Also, in regards to homosexuality and mental health, seventy percent of the psychiatrists surveyed stated they believed that the homosexuals' problems were due more to personal conflicts than to social stigmatization. In respect to personal conflicts studies report that homosexual couples have significantly higher incidences of violent behavior. These studies are not surprising given what pathologists have stated regarding the commonness and brutality of homosexual murders.

Again I don't think you care about the truth...this is about you feeling like you are better then people who can recognize the truth....who of course you think are the ones with a problem. I hope I live to see the day when the truth is cool again....until then I can live with being honest instead.

Got to go for now...time for my dog chores. We rescue dogs and I have 9 that need fed. You need to go see about your high horse....it's getting lose.
__________________
Life's A HOOT!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:33 PM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
Concerning mental health and homosexuality, studies have long indicated that homosexuals have a substantially greater risk of suffering from a psychiatric problems (suicide, depression, bulimia, antisocial personality disorder, and substance abuse).
For example, a national survey of female homosexuals was published in the Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology which found that 75 percent of the approximate 2,000 respondents had pursued psychological counseling of some type, many for treatment of long-term depression or sadness.

In contrast to claims by gay rights activists blaming this heightened incidence of mental issues on discrimination, John R. Diggs, M.D. states the following regarding homosexuality and health:
“ An extensive study in the Netherlands undermines the assumption that homophobia is the cause of increased psychiatric illness among gays and lesbians. The Dutch have been considerably more accepting of same-sex relationships than other Western countries — in fact, same-sex couples now have the legal right to marry in the Netherlands. So a high rate of psychiatric disease associated with homosexual behavior in the Netherlands means that the psychiatric disease cannot so easily be attributed to social rejection and homophobia”

In addition, the late Harold I. Lief, who was a leading a leading sex therapist who was an early defender of having medical schools put greater emphasis on sex education in training doctors, conducted a 1977 survey of members of the American Psychiatric Association and 73% of the psychiatrists responding said that they thought that homosexual men are less happy than others. Also, in regards to homosexuality and mental health, seventy percent of the psychiatrists surveyed stated they believed that the homosexuals' problems were due more to personal conflicts than to social stigmatization. In respect to personal conflicts studies report that homosexual couples have significantly higher incidences of violent behavior. These studies are not surprising given what pathologists have stated regarding the commonness and brutality of homosexual murders.

Again I don't think you care about the truth...this is about you feeling like you are better then people who can recognize the truth....who of course you think are the ones with a problem. I hope I live to see the day when the truth is cool again....until then I can live with being honest instead.
Africans in the southern states faced quite a bit of persecution long after laws were passed guaranteeing their status. The fact that gays could marry in the Netherlands in 1977 is not indicative of whether social persecution was prevalent.

So I ask again: is the suicide rate you claim because they are gay, or because they are harassed for being gay? The solution to gay suicide is highly dependent on that point. If the root cause is that homosexuals are bullied, tormented, threatened, assaulted, etc, then the course action of "curing" homosexuality would tend to exacerbate the problem, while a course of action of tolerating the homosexual lifestyle as "socially acceptable" would tend to have the most desirable results.

Can you show that the alleged prevalence of suicide in homosexuals depends more on their own behavior than it does on how the are treated by peers?

San Francisco is considered quite tolerant of homosexuality. What are the rates of suicide among homosexuals in San Francisco vs Atlanta, for instance.

Do you have any data from this century to support your claims? Social norms on sexual orientation have changed dramatically in the past 35 years.

I would also ask you to simmer down on the ad hominem arguments. It serves your argument in no way to disparage me or anyone involved with terms like "high horse" or suggesting that I don't care about the truth. Stick to the issues, not the participants to the discussion.
__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:37 PM  
American
 
leadarrows's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 251 | Kudos: +61
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Africans in the southern states faced quite a bit of persecution long after laws were passed guaranteeing their status. The fact that gays could marry in the Netherlands in 1977 is not indicative of whether social persecution was prevalent.

So I ask again: is the suicide rate you claim because they are gay, or because they are harassed for being gay? The solution to gay suicide is highly dependent on that point. If the root cause is that homosexuals are bullied, tormented, threatened, assaulted, etc, then the course action of "curing" homosexuality would tend to exacerbate the problem, while a course of action of tolerating the homosexual lifestyle as "socially acceptable" would tend to have the most desirable results.

Can you show that the alleged prevalence of suicide in homosexuals depends more on their own behavior than it does on how the are treated by peers?

San Francisco is considered quite tolerant of homosexuality. What are the rates of suicide among homosexuals in San Francisco vs Atlanta, for instance.

Do you have any data from this century to support your claims? Social norms on sexual orientation have changed dramatically in the past 35 years.

I would also ask you to simmer down on the ad hominem arguments. It serves your argument in no way to disparage me or anyone involved with terms like "high horse" or suggesting that I don't care about the truth. Stick to the issues, not the participants to the discussion.

Like you are when you say my opinion is formed by hate? Stick to your own issues and don't ever make the mistake you can dictate anything to me. High horse pales in comparison to falsely accusing one of hate.
A valid argument can be made that it is your view that is formed in hate. You are the one condoning therefore encouraging behavior that fosters unsafe sex and low-self esteem that victimizes participates of the gay lifestyle.

We haven't even touched on the financial side of gay marriage. It will cause an across the board hike in health insurance costs. Unlike cigarettes smokers who are charged a premium for their additional risk factors, no such focused cost increases can dare be levied for the increased health cost cause by the gay lifestyle. That would be discriminatory. So all of us will be forced to pay more regardless of our personal or even religious believes.

Employers will be forced to add gay spouses to their cost of doing business. When this all started that was the main reason gays wanted marriage. They wanted there aids partner to benefit from there employee insurance. It was widely acknowledged until they realized that strategy was working against them.

Site my sources? 59 years on this planet with my eyes and ears open and no need to feel politically correct for starters.
If anal sex even between a man and a women is not a sign to you that someone is screwed in the head nothing I can say will convince you anyway because your a mental case as well.
I have not advocated hate in anyway. I know it is a mental illness and hating a gay would be like hating any other handicapped individual. Not my style. I sure have been on the receiving end of hate because I wont play along though. I have had a number of gays wish me dead, threaten to kill me and say every vile thing they could think of just for voicing my opinion on the web. I don't get mad...or pulled into there BS. That seems to drive some of them crazy. Calling me names seems to be all they have. It's fine if it were true...like telling you your on your high-horse...it's not vulgar or a lie. I am doing you a favor. You really should climb down. The fall from a high horse can cause much pain. Eventually science will discover the abnormality that causes the mental condition that leads to gay sexually dysfunction and a cure will be found. Won't you feel silly then ..hey?

.
Do your own research you have blown off everything I have posted while contributing nothing yourself.

By the way I am not at your beck and call and I think you may have normalphobia.
__________________
Life's A HOOT!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:46 AM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
Going back to the original post of this thread: Would anyone have an issue with a lesbian volunteering as a Boy Scout leader? The BSA policy is against homosexuality, not just male homosexuality. Should a lesbian mother be prohibited from participating in her son's scout troop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
A valid argument can be made that it is your view that is formed in hate. You are the one condoning therefore encouraging behavior that fosters unsafe sex and low-self esteem that victimizes participates of the gay lifestyle.
You've indicated that homosexuals are at greater risk of contracting HIV. You've used data that suggests that men-who-have-sex-with-men have a higher prevalance of HIV infection to make this conclusion. There are several issues with this. First, homosexuality does not cause HIV infection. Second, "homosexual" does not imply "men-who-have-sex-with-men". There have been no documented female-to-female sexual transmissions of HIV. . Using your arguments of the risk of HIV, and based on your reaction to the photograph of two females kissing, you suggest that women should choose riskier heterosexual relationships over less-risky homosexual relationships. Your argument leads us to the conclusion that nobody should have sex with men.

Of course, there are numerous flaws in your argument. There is no risk of HIV infection when a HIV-negative heterosexual male has sex with an HIV-negative heterosexual female. But this also applies to HIV-negative homosexuals. You make the argument that homosexuality is a dysfunction because of the risk of HIV. Suppose you've compelled me on that argument. Suppose I know of a gay couple who undergoes HIV testing before engaging in a long-term monogamous relationship. This couple has lowered their risk of acquiring HIV below that of typical heterosexual relationships. How can I logically continue to use "risk of aids" to support a claim that these individuals are dysfunctional?

As I said, there are numerous flaws with your "HIV-risk" argument. I must reject it until you support it better.

You've claimed psychological problems, depression, and suicide risk. I suggested that the apparent risk is more probably caused by social intolerance, but the only factor you've cited to cancel that is the fact that marriage was lawful in the netherlands at the time the study was conducted. Legality does not imply social acceptance. Can you provide something more convincing and relevant than a foreign study conducted nearly 40 years ago?


Quote:

We haven't even touched on the financial side of gay marriage. It will cause an across the board hike in health insurance costs.
Citation needed. You haven't demonstrated any such cost increase whatsoever.
Quote:


Site my sources? 59 years on this planet with my eyes and ears open and no need to feel politically correct for starters.
I'm not looking for your opinion. You've made your opinion clear. You believe homosexuality is a sexual dysfunction. What I want is your justification for that belief. You've put up a very few points as factual, but you haven't addressed criticism of your arguments. I want to see more facts supporting your opinion, I want to know the full depth and breadth of the information that has lead you to believe what you believe. Teach me how you came to your opinion.

Quote:
I have not advocated hate in anyway. I know it is a mental illness and hating a gay would be like hating any other handicapped individual.
Unless you can demonstrate a clear, rational argument based on facts, what you are saying is, at best, indistinguishable from hatred. OK? Anyone can make the same claim, substituting skin color, religious affiliation. "I don't hate any black person. It's not their fault they were born as a member of an inferior race" - "I don't hate Protestants. They're simply delusional people who need our help to learn to overcome their delusions". What you are saying IS hate. You don't have to beat someone upside the head with a baseball bat to demonstrate your hatred for them. You're treating them as second-class humans, as those incapable of choosing their own fate. THAT. IS. HATE. That is the very essence of hatred. Everything beyond that is a reaction to that hate. Whether it's holding up a sign that says "God hates fags", dragging them behind a pickup truck, or trying to "cure them, it's just a reaction, a demonstration of that hatred.
__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:58 AM  
American
 
leadarrows's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 251 | Kudos: +61
You are a waste of my time. I gave you facts provided by old and recent studies some of the sources were mentioned. You are in complete denial and as mental ill as those you are making excuse for. As such there seems to be no hope for you. now your just making things up. like saying I am making them a second class and the mention of dragging...WTF? It is obvious to me now you have zero interest in the truth. Were done here. You need help. I hope you can get the therapy you so desperately need.
__________________
Life's A HOOT!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:02 AM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
I just had a few thoughts and wanted to put them out there.... I for one wouldn't feel comfortable sending my small son out to do boyscout things knowing there were gay scoutleaders any more than I would want to send my young daughter out with straight male scoutleaders.... That being said:

For those of you that wouldn't mind the first scenario... What if ALL the scoutleaders were gay? Would that be okay? If so, I don't know what to tell you... If not, then what if it were half of them? One quarter? I guess that I am mostly thinking out loud but the folks that think it should be "okay" should either explain why they think it would be okay to send their young son out with an all gay scout troop, and if it isn't okay then why it IS okay to send them with one? I will probably get bashed but that's okay.... Just throwing it out there..
so in summary, you fear them. you need to understand there is a difference between pedophilia and being gay, there is a huge leap there but you pretend it is the same thing, which is incredibly shameful and small minded, sorry but it is, it is two seperate things you are putting together and pretending there is a link.
__________________
Please help babies...... http://www.intactamerica.org/
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:10 PM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
You are a waste of my time. I gave you facts provided by old and recent studies some of the sources were mentioned. You are in complete denial and as mental ill as those you are making excuse for. As such there seems to be no hope for you. now your just making things up. like saying I am making them a second class and the mention of dragging...WTF? It is obvious to me now you have zero interest in the truth. Were done here. You need help. I hope you can get the therapy you so desperately need.
I'm in complete denial? I have no interest in the truth? Buddy, I shut down your AIDS argument entirely with one link, by showing that lesbianism has a lower risk than the heterosexuality you consider normal.

Your only other supported claim was that homosexuals have psychological problems, that they're more prone to suicide. But you showed us no conclusive link. There are depressed and suicidal heterosexuals, and there are "happy" homosexuals. I suggested the possibility that there was a stronger link between depression and social repression than depression and homosexuality, but the only item you presented to counter this was that homosexual marriage was legal in the Netherlands in 1977.

There's no discussion to be had if you refuse to present an argument or if you refuse to address criticism of your argument.
__________________

__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.