Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2013, 11:05 AM  

Greenville, SC
Well let me ask you this. If raising the minimum wage to $9 bucks is such a good idea then raising it to $15 would be better, right? So why not just make it $20 an hour? We would really be thriving then, right? Think about your answer, then tell me why the answer is different for raising it to $9... Unless of course your answer is the same.

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 02-19-2013, 11:07 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
So you willing to pay 20 bucks for a big mac?
Yup...... They must be.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:16 AM  
American

You want to know how to shut down the Democrat party? Give them everything they want and wait a few months.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:31 PM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
You want to know how to shut down the Democrat party? Give them everything they want and wait a few months.
You would run the risk of shutting down the whole country. Our economy would be destroyed. Some other country would own us.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:57 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
China already owns us. That is both parties' fault. They have allowed companies like GE to avoid paying any taxes as they move production overseas.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:30 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
So you willing to pay 20 bucks for a big mac?
If that is what a big mac costs after we stop exploitative business practices, then yes, I would. Because those mcdonalds employees will be able to purchase my goods and services instead of continuing to suck down publicly funded charity, it will ultimately cost me less.

If McDonald's can't stay in business without exploiting its workers, then it should be out of business.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:32 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post

You would run the risk of shutting down the whole country. Our economy would be destroyed. Some other country would own us.
Not how it works, bud. Worst thing a company could do when consumers get flush with disposable income is stop doing business. The scumbag exploitative businesses are the only ones that would suffer.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:09 PM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Not how it works, bud. Worst thing a company could do when consumers get flush with disposable income is stop doing business. The scumbag exploitative businesses are the only ones that would suffer.
I don't even understand your response... Who's saying businesses are stopping doing business?? And what's all this flush with disposable income stuff. Doesn't matter if my income went up 200 percent if the cost of stuff went up the same amount.... That's dumb. So where is all this extra income supposed to come from anyway???? I know you just want shareholders and higher income eatners to just forego some of their income. You should know by now th?t it doesn't work that way.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:18 PM  

Greenville, SC
I still want someone to tell me why my idea of raising the minimum wage to $20 is a bad idea!!! Anybody???? Of course, if you think raising minimum wage to $9 is a bad idea I already know your reasons... I'm talking about the folks that want the increase to $9.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:45 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
I still want someone to tell me why my idea of raising the minimum wage to $20 is a bad idea!!! Anybody???? Of course, if you think raising minimum wage to $9 is a bad idea I already know your reasons... I'm talking about the folks that want the increase to $9.
I think we can all agree that Beer is Good. And the rest of this bull**** can wait until sobriety returns.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!