Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-24-2011, 12:14 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
reducing the deficit need to include both spending cuts and tax increases

Obama to get involved in debt ceiling talks - The Oval: Tracking the Obama presidency

well the republicans won't even discuss tax increases, and considering social security and medicare are taxed by themselves and the core core budget is drawing so much money and of that so much is "untouchable" department of defense money (as stated by most republicans) where is this money to come from? are we know to lose our social security and medicare money to support the department of defense? because we can't tax even the rich so we can only take away from the working class and poor citizens.

we keep cutting taxes more and more and more on the wealthy but our deficit keeps getting larger, when will people wake up?

If any lawmaker thinks the deficit will be cured just by spending cuts they are lying to you, plain and simple (unless they are planning on eliminating the entire department of defense in entirely and quite a few other programs)

Old 06-24-2011, 12:37 PM  

Before cutting the Department of Defense, I would rather they cut off all welfare, food stamp and state aid programs. Below is a picture taken from Snopes.com. Take a close look at this receipt, paid for completely with food stamps!
reducing the deficit need to include both spending cuts and tax increases-foodstamp.jpg 

Old 06-24-2011, 12:43 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

WEll, in my humble opinion, this guy nails it on the head. Go to the five minute mark on this video and laugh real hard!
Old 06-24-2011, 01:02 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Before cutting the Department of Defense, I would rather they cut off all welfare, food stamp and state aid programs. Below is a picture taken from Snopes.com. Take a close look at this receipt, paid for completely with food stamps!
This is obviously a publicity stunt. pure hype. Furthermore, the military does this sort of thing constasntly, every day, so why penalize all hard up people, even if there are a few scammers out there. The scammers are the scum sucking swine, not the government. Fraudulent peope should be penalized.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:08 PM  

I don't think so. Snopes confirmed it was true, and I've seen similar with my own eyes at a checkout counter of my local grocery store.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:16 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
that is an issue for sure, but from a budget perspective that would be like saving money by cancelling your netflix account but refusing give up paying $800 a month for fees to a golf course, both help the budget but one is a much bigger slice of the pie.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:16 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

Oh, I've seen it before too, and I think that the rules need to be tightened up for sure, but I also think that the military and many other aspects of things need to have the funds slashed and badly. You can't drop all the needy just because of human scoundrels that should have been a stain on the sheet.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:23 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
I don't think so. Snopes confirmed it was true, and I've seen similar with my own eyes at a checkout counter of my local grocery store.
People have been selling food stamps since they were first issued. Go volunteer at a food bank for a day and tell us about hunger.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:42 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
according to wikipedia: with expenses of 685 Billion a year for defense alone when compared to 154 million employed people in america that works out to be about $4500 per year per employed person

US Budget Breakdown for FY12 - Charts

according to them the number is about 950 billion so over $6000 per taxpayer per year, on that site food stamps come in at $90 billion

the big budget breaker now and moving forward are healthcare costs as between those two things alone are about $9000/year per taxpayer, so those hidden costs do end up costing us money indirectly, we desperatly need a more efficient health system, even if we just copy and pasted britain or canadian health care system as is we could slash our spending IN HALF!!!!

do you really think we are getting a health care system worth twice the price of other countries? or per person with access basis we are paying three times as much?

PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SPENDING:
United States 6,096 (we are the highest of all countries including those not listed here)
Canada 3,173
United Kingdom 2,560
Japan 2,293

Per Capita Health Expenditures by Country, 2007 — Infoplease.com

the republicans need to start caring about people and remove the blinders, our healthcare system is inneficient/super expensive and downright unethical, we need to move to a european style health care system for all (and fully fund it through taxes) before we suffocate under our current system's growing debt
Old 06-24-2011, 01:46 PM  
fustrated genius

We definately need to raise taxes and cut spending. One area that can be cut is the breaks given to companies moving overseas, Levi Straus does not even make any britches in the US anymore, that's BS!!! TAX the poo-poo out of imports . . auto parts/ clothing etc.,etc., screw them Chinese!! LEVI Britches made in China? That ain't right!!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads