Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 11-28-2011, 09:49 AM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Religion Bashing

There are three frequent posters that delight in bashing religion, especially Christianity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
All I know is my favorite holiday is the 24th of November, and there were decorated, artificial arboreal monuments commemorating the Winter Solstice Festival available for sale in Lowes two weeks before Halloween!

Dear Christians: October is for Halloween, November is for Thanksgiving. Ya'll are more impatient than my kids. Go **** yourselves until Black Friday. KTHXBAI.

It is true that Catholicism attached some pagan holidays to the religion of Christianity in general. The real holidays are the seven feasts of God.

Messiah was born on the feast of tabernacles rather than at the winter solstice, died on the feast of passover, buried on the feast of unleavened bread, rose on the feast of first fruits and gave the Holy Spirit on the feast of weeks. So the four spring feasts have been fulfilled and the three fall feasts remain to be fulfilled. Messiah will return on the feast of trumpets, have judgement on the day of atonement and set up residence with his people on the feast of tabernacles.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:57 PM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
There are three frequent posters that delight in bashing religion, especially Christianity.
You counted me right? :-)
Quote:
It is true that Catholicism attached some pagan holidays to the religion of Christianity in general. The real holidays
acording to who?
Quote:
are the seven feasts of God.

Messiah was born on the feast of tabernacles rather than at the winter solstice, died on the feast of passover, buried on the feast of unleavened bread, rose on the feast of first fruits and gave the Holy Spirit on the feast of weeks. So the four spring feasts have been fulfilled and the three fall feasts remain to be fulfilled. Messiah will return on the feast of trumpets, have judgement on the day of atonement and set up residence with his people on the feast of tabernacles.
any real hard evidence for any of this? (and just to point out a 2000 year old book written by man doesn't count as hard evidence, just that someone put words to paper, I have some books that say that fire breathing dragons exist, doesn't mean it is real.)
__________________

__________________
Please help babies...... http://www.intactamerica.org/
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:38 AM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Still bashing!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:17 PM  
Senior Member
 
Jake7's Avatar

Honolulu, Hawaii
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,294 | Kudos: +135
Images: 45
Whaddaya expect?
__________________
Discover Scentsy at Lucky Lucy Scentsy Products - an independent Scentsy consultant!


https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:34 PM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Still bashing!
well yeah, if you count actually asking for evidence from religion as religion bashing then yeah.... but you know that doesn't count the definition of "bashing". again, demanding proof does equal bashing.

not saying I won't bash religion, but this was not an example of it at all.
__________________
Please help babies...... http://www.intactamerica.org/
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:08 AM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Whaddaya expect?
I see your point.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:50 PM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
Ok, just because I addressed the comment to Christians does not mean I was bashing Christianity, or even a Christian holiday. My point, made in jest, was that this year, the Christmas season didn't just impinge on Thanksgiving (for which it is notorious) but started before Halloween!

No cuts! You wait your turn in line like everyone else!


On an unrelated note, I think atheists should celebrate Halloween on the first Sunday after the first full moon after March 20th. The Atheist Easter celebration should be moved to October 31st.
__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:40 AM  
fustrated genius
 
HiHood's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,054 | Kudos: +100
You have extremist on both sides of the fence, each side is just as obnoxious as the other. From the guy with his foot in your door Saturday morn, to the jihadist flying airplanes into buildings, and the atheist slamming Christianity and tearing down crosses and the like. Just like the biggots, the KKK and the BP, either one is just as obnoxious and most folk just go about their buisness and leave everybody else alone.
__________________
Phewy!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:53 AM  
Administrator
 
samfloor's Avatar

Missouri
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,845 | Kudos: +114
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
You counted me right? :-)
acording to who?
any real hard evidence for any of this? (and just to point out a 2000 year old book written by man doesn't count as hard evidence, just that someone put words to paper, I have some books that say that fire breathing dragons exist, doesn't mean it is real.)
Actually, the Bible was compiled by priests for the Roman Emperor Constantine. When he realized that his subjects were converting he ordered his priests to come up with a Bible. They took the easiest and quickest to copy of the hundreds of accepted religious books available at the time, and made him a Bible. That was not even close to 2000 years ago. And that's good, because creationists say the dinosaurs were here a couple thousand years ago.
__________________
AKA....Rusty, Floorist, etc.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:38 PM  
Senior Member
 
Hillman's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 318 | Kudos: +31
......SIGHING....
__________________

__________________
A nobody telling everybody about Somebody.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.