Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-28-2011, 08:49 AM  

Religion Bashing

There are three frequent posters that delight in bashing religion, especially Christianity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
All I know is my favorite holiday is the 24th of November, and there were decorated, artificial arboreal monuments commemorating the Winter Solstice Festival available for sale in Lowes two weeks before Halloween!

Dear Christians: October is for Halloween, November is for Thanksgiving. Ya'll are more impatient than my kids. Go **** yourselves until Black Friday. KTHXBAI.

It is true that Catholicism attached some pagan holidays to the religion of Christianity in general. The real holidays are the seven feasts of God.

Messiah was born on the feast of tabernacles rather than at the winter solstice, died on the feast of passover, buried on the feast of unleavened bread, rose on the feast of first fruits and gave the Holy Spirit on the feast of weeks. So the four spring feasts have been fulfilled and the three fall feasts remain to be fulfilled. Messiah will return on the feast of trumpets, have judgement on the day of atonement and set up residence with his people on the feast of tabernacles.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:57 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
There are three frequent posters that delight in bashing religion, especially Christianity.
You counted me right? :-)
Quote:
It is true that Catholicism attached some pagan holidays to the religion of Christianity in general. The real holidays
acording to who?
Quote:
are the seven feasts of God.

Messiah was born on the feast of tabernacles rather than at the winter solstice, died on the feast of passover, buried on the feast of unleavened bread, rose on the feast of first fruits and gave the Holy Spirit on the feast of weeks. So the four spring feasts have been fulfilled and the three fall feasts remain to be fulfilled. Messiah will return on the feast of trumpets, have judgement on the day of atonement and set up residence with his people on the feast of tabernacles.
any real hard evidence for any of this? (and just to point out a 2000 year old book written by man doesn't count as hard evidence, just that someone put words to paper, I have some books that say that fire breathing dragons exist, doesn't mean it is real.)

Old 12-01-2011, 08:38 AM  

Still bashing!
Old 12-01-2011, 04:17 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Whaddaya expect?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-01-2011, 05:34 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Still bashing!
well yeah, if you count actually asking for evidence from religion as religion bashing then yeah.... but you know that doesn't count the definition of "bashing". again, demanding proof does equal bashing.

not saying I won't bash religion, but this was not an example of it at all.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:08 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Whaddaya expect?
I see your point.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:50 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Ok, just because I addressed the comment to Christians does not mean I was bashing Christianity, or even a Christian holiday. My point, made in jest, was that this year, the Christmas season didn't just impinge on Thanksgiving (for which it is notorious) but started before Halloween!

No cuts! You wait your turn in line like everyone else!

On an unrelated note, I think atheists should celebrate Halloween on the first Sunday after the first full moon after March 20th. The Atheist Easter celebration should be moved to October 31st.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:40 AM  
fustrated genius

You have extremist on both sides of the fence, each side is just as obnoxious as the other. From the guy with his foot in your door Saturday morn, to the jihadist flying airplanes into buildings, and the atheist slamming Christianity and tearing down crosses and the like. Just like the biggots, the KKK and the BP, either one is just as obnoxious and most folk just go about their buisness and leave everybody else alone.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:53 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
You counted me right? :-)
acording to who?
any real hard evidence for any of this? (and just to point out a 2000 year old book written by man doesn't count as hard evidence, just that someone put words to paper, I have some books that say that fire breathing dragons exist, doesn't mean it is real.)
Actually, the Bible was compiled by priests for the Roman Emperor Constantine. When he realized that his subjects were converting he ordered his priests to come up with a Bible. They took the easiest and quickest to copy of the hundreds of accepted religious books available at the time, and made him a Bible. That was not even close to 2000 years ago. And that's good, because creationists say the dinosaurs were here a couple thousand years ago.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:38 AM  

......SIGHING....

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.