Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-14-2011, 09:44 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
The Republican debt game

so after all these debt concerns the republicans suddenly care about after not caring for decades the current plan the republicans are pushing and pretending like they compromised is that they will let the debt limit go up as long as taxes are not raised nor loopholes closed and spending cuts are equal to any debt limit increase.....any proposed cuts by democrats will then be voted on but may not pass if the votes don't occur.

so the republican plan is a guaranteed lose for democrats, the democrats won't have any additional revenue.

A.) the democrats don't cut anything - then it's the democrats fault
B.) the democrats choose items to be cut - the republicans vote against it - the democrats failed to find suitable things to cut
c.) the democrats choose to cut something the republicans agree with - regardless what it is the republicans will then use it against the democrats in the election time

essentially the republicans are pushing a strategy where nothing the democrats do could turn out in their favor but republicans call it a compromise as if it were the democrats racking up all this debt.

of course any increase will be tied to the democrats who couldn't raise any money to pay for all the lavish spending promises bush made.

And to keep things in perspective republicans will not even discuss ending tax breaks for oil companies or company jets..... so they aren't even willing to begin discussions.

It's like going into a car dealership and the dealer insists he is negotiating because he came $5,000 off the price he marked up $10,000 over retail, it's just absurd and amazes me people are stupid enough to make themselves believe the republicans are negotiating

Old 07-14-2011, 12:31 PM  

It do appear as if we are caught in the squeeze between two groups of liars and thieves. We just need to concentrate on getting Obama out of office even if it means another cycle of republicans.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:36 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
It do appear as if we are caught in the squeeze between two groups of liars and thieves. We just need to concentrate on getting Obama out of office even if it means another cycle of republicans.
why? obama's contribution to the debt has been minimal and the economy is recovering from the worst recession since the great depression, the last thing we need is a republican to come in and end the only chance at beneficial healthcare reform we have had or will have.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:27 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
why? obama's contribution to the debt has been minimal and the economy is recovering from the worst recession since the great depression, the last thing we need is a republican to come in and end the only chance at beneficial healthcare reform we have had or will have.
I have seen little recovery on this side of the Blue Ridge and what little I have seen is unrelated to Mr. Obama or Mr. Bush. I have yet to hear from anyone that has benefited from Obamacare and rationing is still in the future.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:57 PM  

The economy is recovering? Based on which indicators?
Old 07-15-2011, 02:15 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
I have seen little recovery on this side of the Blue Ridge and what little I have seen is unrelated to Mr. Obama or Mr. Bush. I have yet to hear from anyone that has benefited from Obamacare and rationing is still in the future.
My wife happens to be benifiting from Obamacare right now. Wanna talk about rationing...... take a look at private health insurance. Me and my wife have a 12 year history of discrimination and rationing, make that no care whatsoever! In the private sectors hands, my wife may as well have been a Black Negro or Indian native woman from the 1800s deep south! Our healthcare system is in many ways still third world for the lower class and chronically ill.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:28 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
The economy is recovering? Based on which indicators?
I finally got a job........ so did two of my other life long friends. All laid off pretty much, since Dec 08.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:05 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
I finally got a job........ so did two of my other life long friends. All laid off pretty much, since Dec 08.
Was the job due to the stimulus or was it private sector?

I know a radiologist that is still out of work. Radiologists normally work in PA groups and many PA groups are not hiring due to fear of Obamacare.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:51 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Was the job due to the stimulus or was it private sector?

I know a radiologist that is still out of work. Radiologists normally work in PA groups and many PA groups are not hiring due to fear of Obamacare.
Yeah, right from the start, the insurance companies and the AMA were staunchly against anything that Obama proposed just like the banks and credit card companies were against reasonable regulation of bank card fees to something a bit more sensible, as if it would actually kill them financially.To think about the millions upon millions that these companies spend on lobbying to protect their bottom line at the expense of other people
Old 07-15-2011, 01:45 PM  

Unemployment in So Cal is currently reaching 15%, up from 9% just last year. My local indicators are saying this is getting worse, not better. When Chief Obama raises the debt ceiling, it is just going to compound our problems. At this point, there is no reality, and he is basically writing checks where there is no longer money in the banks.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.