Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2011, 03:53 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Ha ha so a guy writes something on a board, and that means it's true, right?
same could be said for old books....... like the bible.

Old 06-04-2011, 05:26 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
10 characters
Republican Party demands censorship of ad attacking their plan to end Medicare-mad_tea_party_part_duh_mark_br.jpg 

Republican Party demands censorship of ad attacking their plan to end Medicare-2nd.jpg 

Republican Party demands censorship of ad attacking their plan to end Medicare-590.jpg 

Republican Party demands censorship of ad attacking their plan to end Medicare-05_full_600.jpg 

Republican Party demands censorship of ad attacking their plan to end Medicare-130.jpg 

Republican Party demands censorship of ad attacking their plan to end Medicare-2202.jpg 

Republican Party demands censorship of ad attacking their plan to end Medicare-12946317.jpg 

Republican Party demands censorship of ad attacking their plan to end Medicare-3913967362_79a4a57831.jpg 

Republican Party demands censorship of ad attacking their plan to end Medicare-bloodshed.jpg 

Republican Party demands censorship of ad attacking their plan to end Medicare-our-lady.jpg 

Old 06-04-2011, 07:18 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Redjeep - touch?! Good point! Ha I honestly didn't see that coming!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 06-04-2011, 08:20 PM  
Traveler

Meet the real Parkinson man............
Old 06-04-2011, 08:26 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Touching. Still one extreme case from an offshoot independent party.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 06-04-2011, 09:03 PM  
Traveler

I still believe that many people on the right have a simular view even if they don't scream their mind on the street. There clearly is a bias.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:14 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
The Tea Party is fruitcakes, racists and apparently illiterate. The few I know personally are white supremacists and white trash. I think it began with a wider base but the sane ones left long ago.

Quote:
Rachel Maddow called the National Republican Campaign Committee's failure to get the TV ad pulled from the air "The Full Belly Flop!" She pretty much sums it up with some simple advice for the NRCC:

"Here's the thing: Just because you don't like how your position sounds when it is described out loud does not mean you get to prevent people from describing it."
HTML Code:
Old 06-06-2011, 08:08 AM  

The real question is . . . Will either party resolve the national debt problem?

I calculate that the current level of debt would require more than 50 years of zero deficits and half-trillion yearly payments to resolve. Medicare is driving the debt upward each year and making such resolution less feasible. The Paul Ryan budget wouldn't balance the budget immediately, so where might we be five or ten years down the road?

My suspicion . . . more demagoguery, more vilification and more debt.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:37 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
The real question is . . . Will either party resolve the national debt problem?
The democrats have created several balanced budgets until the republicans come through and destroy it, sometimes even claiming that getting rid of our debt too quickly would destroy the economy and then giving it to the rich....

and that really is the point, the people who have benefitted the most from america (who have had their incomes soar over 30+ years of trickle down supply side economics, while the middle class has shrunk) want to pay fewer and fewer taxes therefore increasing our debt....

when will the republicans quit "doubling down" on their agenda and realize it is not working? yes the democrats will tax the rich more but somehow the economy tends to do much better under democrats while reducing our deficit, although yes, the very rich have to pay a little more....

the problem with republicans is as soon as they get into power any decrease in the deficit will immediatly go into the wealthiest people's pockets and not go towards paying down debt.

oh yeah.... and the paul ryan plan requires what? a 3% level of unemployment? yeah the democrats are crazy when they project numbers :rolls eyes: ... we could also keep it all the same and raise taxe rates on the highest earned about 4% and still have our safety nets that help everyone.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:02 AM  

I just re-read the Beer Drinker Parable concluding that as long as a segment of society feels that society as a whole owes them something we will march down this path toward destruction.Tax freedom day was April 12 for 2011 meaning that we worked 102 days just to pay taxes. But since the government runs a deficit the real tax freedom day would have been May 23, 41 more days to work for the government. The current debt level would require more than 50 years of zero deficits and a half-trillion in yearly payments to resolve. Even the Ryan budget would require years to reach a balanced budget (with no debt payment), but many prefer to vilify Ryan and refuse to address the real problem. So the debt if not unresolvable now will certainly be given another decade of spending.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!