Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-02-2011, 07:39 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I respect your view, my friend. I don't actively push my religious views on others, so I know they don't get frustrated by myself. However, I have many atheist friends whom I enjoy good discussions with about why we believe what we believe.

I'm not sure why you compared religion to crack or other drugs - I'm sure you're just trying to belittle it and make your point, but I think we can all agree that's a laughable comparison, and did somewhat offend me.

If we can't have a civil, realistic discussion about this, then I don't feel I should go on with it. Best of luck to you though, my friend!
I know it sounds a little harsh but it is essentially what they try to do under the guise of helping people, find people when they are week, offer counseling and then demand that they forever follow your rules and give you money, Am I talking about a church or a cult? is there a difference beyond size?

religion has been scientifically proven to stimulate the brain just like an addiction does, so I am not just making crap up here. This was even studies in Apple fans, the same part of the brain was excited as religion.
Apple triggers 'religious' reaction in fans' brains, report says - CNN

It's nothing personal, it's just religion is an easy answer and eventually we as a society need to lose this crutch and accept that the earth is older then 10000 years, that 2000 year old ways of thinking do not apply today, and that infant genital cutting is wrong, etc.... Religion WILL NOT help us move forward as a society, let's quit holding ourselves back. from a logical, ethical and scientific perspective I cannot see religion as anything but bad despite it's apparent ability to make one "happier"

Old 09-02-2011, 08:05 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Replica Handbags for $290 & up?

Hermes 6089 red crocodile(gold)
$1154.00
Buy Now >> $290.00

1. Are these Hermes products original or not?
All the Hermes products in our shop are replicas with authentic quality and exactly the same as the pictures on the website, made of the top-quality materials.

http://bagoutlet.net/FAQ.html

Old 09-02-2011, 09:49 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Hermes Knockoffs

Republicans Against Science

Adventures In Counterfeit Handbag Shopping | TheGloss
Quote:
Counterfeit handbags have recently been pushed into the spotlight due to the introduction of Senator Chuck Schumer?s Innovative Design Protection and Piracy Prevention Act which shield designers from having their work stolen and reproduced. If you live in NYC or have visited NYC, you know that you can?t walk five blocks without seeing a little bench set up with bags donning the fake Coach or Gucci logos.

I?ve always been intrigued by these fake bags. Do people really think that no one can tell that your Coach bags don?t have ?C?s? on them and instead it?s a ?G?? Fakes can be spotted from miles away. Unless it?s a good fake, and those take more careful inspecting. Remember that episode of Sex and the City where Samantha buys fake Fendi bags out of the trunk of a car? Or maybe you?re more familiar of that episode of The City when Olivia Palermo takes a trip to Canal Street to pick up some fakes for an assignment at Elle magazine. Let it be noted that even Joe Zee was blown away with a particular knock-off Louis Vuitton.

Well, now I have an experience worth talking about. The other day I was walking the streets and saw a bunch of fake handbags set up on a picnic blanket. There were two guys ? one was selling bags and the other was selling wallets. Curiosity got the best of me, and I wandered over to the bags. To my surprise, I saw a vast selection of the classic Chanel 2.55 bags. I picked one up and asked him how much the plum colored one went for. He told me the ticket price was $165 (a little steep for a fake, don?t you think?) but of course he?d give me a deal at $120. I put the bag on my shoulder to get a better feel for it.

I was admiring my reflection in the storefront mirror close by when all of a sudden I hear ?COPS!!? and within a two second time span, both men picked up their picnic blankets filled with goodies, hoisted it over their shoulder and made a run for it.

I was left with the bag on my shoulder.

It was an awkward moment because the people around me saw me with the bag and knew that I had not paid for it. The men who were selling the fakes were long gone at this point. What was I to do?

I just walked away.

That?s right, I walked away and pretended like none of that happen. It should be noted that I walked ten blocks looking over my shoulder in fear that the police might arrest me for the five crimes I probably had just committed, or even scarier, the men with the fakes might come after me.

But alas, none of that happened, and I am safe. I got home and compared my new, free, fake Chanel bag to my real, expensive Chanel bag and from the outside they look the same. It?s only when you open the bag up or rub your fingers on the gold chain and realize it will tarnish soon, that you can tell the difference.

But hey, it was free!
Republicans Against Science-baggers.jpg 

Republicans Against Science-fake_gucci-1-.jpg 

Republicans Against Science-canal-street-designer-handbags.jpg 

Republicans Against Science-fakebags.jpg 

Republicans Against Science-fake-louis-v.jpg 

Old 09-02-2011, 09:50 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
LOL Thanks Red

And to the one who Bluches - I got rid of him and his nonsense. Sorry I didnt let him play a little longer.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:19 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung View Post
LOL Thanks Red

And to the one who Bluches - I got rid of him and his nonsense. Sorry I didnt let him play a little longer.
I likes to play wit my food.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:48 PM  

The Candid Conservative lauds the moral courage of Ivar Giaever.
Quote:
Nobel Prize winner Ivar Giaever was once an Obama mascot. In 2008 he endorsed him for the Nobel Peace Prize. Things change ? especially for independent thinkers with moral courage. It seems the good doctor returned his renewal as a Fellow of the prestigious American Physics Society. He felt his peer group was running on auto-pilot in their advocacy for man-made global warming. Dr. Giaever noted their data stating the earth?s temperature has averaged between 58.7 and 60.2 degrees for 150 years ? cause for celebration not calamity. He amended his 2008 misstep with Obama with a 2009 retraction letter co-signed by 100 colleagues. It chastised PBO?s stand on global warming ? calling it a ?grossly overstated? scam. Giaever is one of a number of prominent scientists to resign from the APS. That list includes physicist Hal Lewis, who, before his May death, identified global warming as the greatest pseudoscientific fraud he?d ever seen.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:45 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR

Ivar Giaever;
Quote:
"I am Norwegian, should I really worry about a little bit of warming?"
Even Science has dinosaurs
Republicans Against Science-fsmkansasmuseumofscience-medium.jpg 

Old 09-29-2011, 10:14 PM  

Seattle, WA
Quote:
Did you know Albert Einstein believed in creationism?
No, Einstein did not believe in "creationism," at least not in the sense of agreeing with modern creationists who deny the science of evolution. He thought that a godlike being may have created the universe or set it in motion, but that the universe developed from there on its own. He was clearly no fan of any particular religion, and his own religious beliefs were ambiguous at best. Some examples:

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."

"I do not believe in the God of theology who rewards good and punishes evil. My God created laws that take care of that. His universe is not ruled by wishful thinking, but by immutable laws."
Old 09-30-2011, 06:24 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
You do realize that there's different beliefs, or methods, if you will, of creationism? So I'm not quite sure why you argued with that statement...

Albert Einstein believed in intelligent design.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-30-2011, 03:41 PM  

Seattle, WA
Quote:
You do realize that there's different beliefs, or methods, if you will, of creationism? So I'm not quite sure why you argued with that statement...

Albert Einstein believed in intelligent design.
It's precisely because there are different levels of creationism that I take issue with statements like, "Einstein believed in creationism" or "Einstein believed in intelligent design." In most people's minds the words "creationism" and "intelligent design" both refer to the world and everything in it being created by God in finished form. Einstein regarded this as nonsense, and explicitly said so on many occasions. Claiming that he believed in either creationism or intelligent design, without explaining that you mean some specific non-standard interpretation of those words is deceptive, and I think you probably know that. Lies of omission are lies, no matter how politely they are expressed.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads